The 10 top Bills topics of the week

Got_Wood

1. Kyle Williams and Stevie Johnson are still in the running for the NFL Pro Bowl. Vote for them here!

2. Ryan Fitzpatrick gets interviewed on Jim Rome Show: link

3. Shawn Nelson is headed to injured reserve. Looks like the Bills may be shopping for a new TE in the offseason. Here's a look at the top TE prospects in the 2011 Draft.

4. Shawne Merriman tweeted something interesting this past week:

"RT @Hollaatyaboy82 @shawnemerriman r u going to come back to buffalo next year? If I did it will be because of the guys there are great"

5. Michael Oher continues to be touted as a top OT in the game. However, take a look at the stat comparison with Demetrius Bell:

Oher - Starts: 13, Penalties/Yards: 9/53, Sacks Allowed: 5 link

Bell - Starts: 13, Penalties/Yards: 4/25, Sacks Allowed: 3.25 link

6. Freddy Jackson is having a great year. Things are looking up for our running back tandem of Jackson and Spiller for next year.

7. The 2011 Draft is DEEP in the top two areas the Bills need to improve. ESPN has 5 Offensive Tackles and 11 Defensive Lineman ranked in the top 32 for next years draft so far.

8. Arthur Moats not only may have played a part in ending Brett Favre's career, but he is also up for the Pepsi Rookie of the Week. Give him a vote!

9. Lee Evans season may be over. Is his career with the Bills over after this season as well? It's possible, but I like his chances of staying in Buffalo.

10. Two of the Bills top defenders could become free agents this offseason. It appears that Whitner is in talks with the team to re-sign, and Posluszny wants to return if the Bills front office will keep him around.

That's all I've got for now! Hope you enjoyed the updates in an otherwise boring week :thumbsup:

Edited by Got_Wood

Keep Poz around he is a more then capable number two MLB in a 3-4 scheme but find a quality backup for his spot as well in free agency. Keep Whitner around as well he isn't what he was drafted to be but that doesn't mean he can't or isn't be a contributer to the Bills D in a significant way. Also Lee will be back for another year no doubt about it.

great thread! great read! thanks a lot for putting it together.

i also have a comment on #5. i think Bell is doing well this year too, but i know he has been in and out of the lineup with an injury and that the coaches sub him in and out a bunch. im interested in finding out how many total plays each player has been on the field for before i can say he's performing as well as Oher.

for a udfa, and having only played football for a handful of years, he's making great progress and performing much better than most would assume. id just like to be able to get some guys on the line that can play for the entire (or most of the) year.

Of particular interest to me were numbers 5 and 6.

Thanks for posting.

Great post.

I agree #5 is eye popping and its not like we have TE help.

Caveat around #7 most of those Offensive tackles prospects are not projecting to LT, which, given #5 is beneficial to the Bills needs.

great thread! great read! thanks a lot for putting it together.

i also have a comment on #5. i think Bell is doing well this year too, but i know he has been in and out of the lineup with an injury and that the coaches sub him in and out a bunch. im interested in finding out how many total plays each player has been on the field for before i can say he's performing as well as Oher.

for a udfa, and having only played football for a handful of years, he's making great progress and performing much better than most would assume. id just like to be able to get some guys on the line that can play for the entire (or most of the) year.

Hey Doc. I believe Bell has played every offensive snap this year. I know he was given time off during training camp and played sparingly during the preseason.

But as far as I know, the only concession to his rehab during the regular season has been that he (and Eric Wood) were regularly given Wednesday's practice off.

1. Kyle Williams and Stevie Johnson are still in the running for the NFL Pro Bowl. Vote for them here!

2. Ryan Fitzpatrick gets interviewed on Jim Rome Show: link

3. Shawn Nelson is headed to injured reserve. Looks like the Bills may be shopping for a new TE in the offseason. Here's a look at the top TE prospects in the 2011 Draft.

4. Shawne Merriman tweeted something interesting this past week:

"RT @Hollaatyaboy82 @shawnemerriman r u going to come back to buffalo next year? If I did it will be because of the guys there are great"

5. Michael Oher continues to be touted as a top OT in the game. However, take a look at the stat comparison with Demetrius Bell:

Oher - Starts: 13, Penalties/Yards: 9/53, Sacks Allowed: 5 link

Bell - Starts: 13, Penalties/Yards: 4/25, Sacks Allowed: 3.25 link

6. Freddy Jackson is having a great year. Things are looking up for our running back tandem of Jackson and Spiller for next year.

7. The 2011 Draft is DEEP in the top two areas the Bills need to improve. ESPN has 5 Offensive Tackles and 11 Defensive Lineman ranked in the top 32 for next years draft so far.

8. Arthur Moats not only may have played a part in ending Brett Favre's career, but he is also up for the Pepsi Rookie of the Week. Give him a vote!

9. Lee Evans season may be over. Is his career with the Bills over after this season as well? It's possible, but I like his chances of staying in Buffalo.

10. Two of the Bills top defenders could become free agents this offseason. It appears that Whitner is in talks with the team to re-sign, and Posluszny wants to return if the Bills front office will keep him around.

That's all I've got for now! Hope you enjoyed the updates in an otherwise boring week :thumbsup:

Oher is very average at this point in his career

People are making a big deal about him because he is a "feel good story"

How many 5'8" thin, weak, non-athletic kids did his adoptive mother take in and help?

Got_Wood thanks for the great, thoughtful post. That's what I come here for.

No problem. Sometimes it's nice to sift through all the garbage out there and get some real information. I'll try and do it a little more often.

Hey Doc. I believe Bell has played every offensive snap this year. I know he was given time off during training camp and played sparingly during the preseason.

But as far as I know, the only concession to his rehab during the regular season has been that he (and Eric Wood) were regularly given Wednesday's practice off.

They would spell bell for a series or two every game in the first few weeks with Meridith IIRC. But he has played almost snap. Id say maybe 30 or 40 hes been spelled all year...which isnt much

I am still not sold on what Spiller provides to this team, yet. I think he has more potential then he has shown and most importantly he has the chance to reach it. If he is Reggie Bush, however, I will consider the position a failure for the draft pick and the hype.