Obscure Bills players from the past

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BackInDaDay
Terry Moore ----the answer to a trivia Question, circa 1972-73

156543[/snapback]

Was it Moore that changed his name to Amad Rashad?

Also, is the trivia question, "longest pass play that didn't score a TD" (98 yards)?

Was it Moore that changed his name to Amad Rashad?

Also, is the trivia question, "longest pass play that didn't score a TD" (98 yards)?

156763[/snapback]

Moore change his name to Ahmad Rashad, but his first name wasn't Terry. I believe it was Bobby.

Spike Jones (punter during the early seventies)...

Art Schlichter (cut in preseason once Kelly was in the fold)...

Larry Watkins (had 100 yards in same game that Orenthal had 250 against Pats in '74 (?) opener)...

Carlester Crumpler...

Donald Wilson: Mid 80's safety. May have delivered the hardest hit I've ever seen a Bill dish out, on Sampson (?) WR of the Broncos. I think he completely bent the guy's face mask in. Used to blitz from the edge against fat RTs.

Isiah Robertson: Absorbed a hit like that from Earl Campbell when he was a Ram.

Gene Bradley: an RJ before his time.

Rod Kush: Replaced Jeff Nixon after Jeff blew out his knee... until he blew out his knee.

Mike Moseley: Long-striding WR/KR used to barrel full speed into the coverage teams... until he got his knee blown out.

Ken "Holding" Jones: Had to change his number because of how often he got caught holding.

Roland "4 TD wonder" Hooks.

Some already mentioned Bob Nelson and Tom Ruud, who made Tom Cousineau look like an overachiever by comparison.

Shane Nelson, the London Fletcher of his time.

Robert "Radar" Holt. Why Radar? You needed it to find him in games, where he was invisible.

Bobby "Steam Machine" Fulton. Another WR of very small distinction.

Robert Geathers, the Erik Flowers of his era.

Justin Cross. Hey at least he isn't Jerry Crafts.

Marv Bateman, the feast-or-famine punter. Just as likely to boot it 70 yards as 7.

Nobody mentioned Preston Riedlehuber (sp) - I was at the Rockpile when he beat the Pats with a halfback option to Haven Moses. He was picked up that same day on waivers from the Raiders. I'm pretty sure it was a Saturday nite game.

Nobody mentioned Preston Riedlehuber (sp) - I was at the Rockpile when he beat the Pats with a halfback option to Haven Moses. He was picked up that same day on waivers from the Raiders. I'm pretty sure it was a Saturday nite game.

160498[/snapback]

Night games at the Rockpile! "And after the game...stroll through the Fruit Belt!"

How about Ken Lee (who I believe played defense)?

Gale Gilbert!  I bet Ken Jennings knows who Gale Gilbert was

Who is the only player to go to 5 consecutive Super Bowls?

156648[/snapback]

I really wanted to see Gilbert play; I think he would've been awesome (as evidenced by the fact that he helpe the Chargers to the Superbowl). Unfortunately, with Kelly and Reich in front of him, he had no chance to play. Players like him are the only reason that free agency is a good thing.

BTW - you stole my trivia question; I was going to post it if nobody else did! :P

CW