Fitzpatrick wears a wedding ring on the field....

The Poojer

He can wear whatever he wants as long as WE WIN!

I wore one for the first Marriage. It lasted 3 years.

The Second, and last, I don't. My Wife's not happy about it but I tell her they're bad luck. I must be right because this one's lasted 22+ years and it's still going strong!

you must have missed the first ten games this year! The announcers seem to mention that fact every week (along with the fact that he's smart because he went to harvard).

the weekly "fitz wedding ring" observation has been supplanted with "the bills' best players were either late round picks or undrafted" storyline in recent weeks.

luckily, we can still look forward to the "fitz went to harvard" commentary every sunday. that one never gets old.

Edited by Dirtbag

Apparently Fitz went to Harvard...who knew?

I find it hilarious how the announcers get all weak in the knees every Sunday when they mention where he went to school.

They mentioned today that he was a very good basketball player, too. I don't recall hearing that one before.

How the hell is his ring going to get caught in someone's equipment when his whole finger otherwise wouldn't? Seriously, think about it. Wedding rings tend to fit pretty snug. Are the other players wearing jerseys made of fish hooks? Because that's what it would take to get under one of those things, I've never heard of someone's ring "ripping off" their finger.

thought that was pretty odd...but they showed a shot of him looking at his playbook and there it was....

They talk about it almost every game on TV. Word is his wife makes him wear it because he is such a stud, especially with that scraggly sexy facial hair (can't call it a beard), she wants everyone to know he is taken.

the weekly "fitz wedding ring" observation has been supplanted with "the bills' best players were either late round picks or undrafted" storyline in recent weeks.

luckily, we can still look forward to the "fitz went to harvard" commentary every sunday. that one never gets old.

Ok.

Flutie or Johnson?

:D

How the hell is his ring going to get caught in someone's equipment when his whole finger otherwise wouldn't? Seriously, think about it. Wedding rings tend to fit pretty snug. Are the other players wearing jerseys made of fish hooks? Because that's what it would take to get under one of those things, I've never heard of someone's ring "ripping off" their finger.

Actually it is possible. My science teacher back in 8th grade lost his left ring finger while hanging up Christmas lights. He fell off the ladder and on the way down, it managed to get caught on some point in the ladder that ripped his finger clean off.

Ok.

Flutie or Johnson?

:D

ah, i actually was referring to the tv announcers' tendency to repeat the same drivel week after week, not the commentary on this board. as dependable as a gus johnson shriek of ecstasy after a td.

Actually it is possible. My science teacher back in 8th grade lost his left ring finger while hanging up Christmas lights. He fell off the ladder and on the way down, it managed to get caught on some point in the ladder that ripped his finger clean off.

Fitz is right handed. He'd just rub some dirt on the stub and go back out and throw a TD.

you must have missed the first ten games this year! The announcers seem to mention that fact every week (along with the fact that he's smart because he went to harvard).

If he's that smart why did he get married?

And my cousin's best friend's hairdresser says it was likely just his finger itself getting caught on the ladder. He may have realized after "hey, that's my ring finger" and blamed it on the ring for dramatic effect.

Anyways, the one in a billion chance of it actually happening isn't good enough odds to knock him for wearing it on the field. There's probably just as good odds of it -protecting- his finger from a minor injury as it is of causing one.

He could get his finger ripped off. I shutter to think of it getting caught on a facemask.

I could see catching it on a fence if he played baseball, but I would dare say a well fit wedding ring couldn't possibly get caught on a face mask.