Searching for Peerless:

slyng1

I hope he is alright first of all, this kind of financial pressure can put a real strain on people and some do some very tragic things.

Wow, everyone on here is very judgmental about this. No one worries about the person. It is not like he grew up with that kind of money and by the time he had it, it is more than likely there were people giving him very bad advice about what to do with it. Maybe even stealing from him, I would think the NFL or the players association would have some programs to help the guys out. Investing is tricky and tricksters are just waiting for some fool to come along.....

With all that said, yeah a fool and his money....

I hope the best for PP (really liked him as a player, seemed like a good guy too), not getting served is the banks problem. I honestly don't feel too much good will for banks these days.

The NFL does have such programs--they meet with all rookies to discuss this stuff. It does no good.

Why does everyone think this guy's broke? Many "wealthy" people are foreclosing on properties simply because they are upside down on the mortgage, having bought at the height of the market. In this day, leaving the keys on the counter and walking away is a sound financial decision. There is no real downside to declaring bancruptcy anymore, practically. No doubt Price is laying low and hiding his money.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/09/business/economy/09rich.html

Whether it is their residence, a second home or a house bought as an investment, the rich have stopped paying the mortgage at a rate that greatly exceeds the rest of the population.

More than one in seven homeowners with loans in excess of a million dollars are seriously delinquent, according to data compiled for The New York Times by the real estate analytics firm CoreLogic.

Though it is hard to prove, the CoreLogic data suggest that many of the well-to-do are purposely dumping their financially draining properties, just as they would any sour investment.

“The rich are different: they are more ruthless,” said Sam Khater, CoreLogic’s senior economist.

Lenders are fearful that many of the 11 million or so homeowners who owe more than their house is worth will walk away from them, especially if the real estate market begins to weaken again. The so-called strategic defaults have become a matter of intense debate in recent months.

The CoreLogic data suggest that the rich do not seem to have concerns about the civic good uppermost in their mind, especially when it comes to investment and second homes. Nor do they appear to be particularly worried about being sued by their lender or frozen out of future loans by Fannie Mae, possible consequences of default.

“Those with high net worth have other resources to lean on if they get in trouble,” said Mr. Khater, the analyst. “If they’re going delinquent faster than anyone else, that tells me they are doing so willingly.”

Someone made an argument at one point to the idea that Old White Men are the only people to get rich off of professional sports.

If you put some thought into it, it actually makes sense. Say you're a Billionaire team owner and you give 50 million to a kid straight out of college who most likely has never had to pass a finance/economics class in his schooling career. Now, the guy has tons of money and is spending it at night clubs (loans own by big banks run by "Old White Men") and eventually invest in a huge house (with a mortgage owned by big banks run by "Old White Men") and marry a woman who eventually files for divorce (the attorney is typically an "Old White Man").

Interesting idea, that is probably unfortunately true.

My advice? Make Pro Atheletes complete a financial planning course prior to playing in their first game.

Someone made an argument at one point to the idea that Old White Men are the only people to get rich off of professional sports.

If you put some thought into it, it actually makes sense. Say you're a Billionaire team owner and you give 50 million to a kid straight out of college who most likely has never had to pass a finance/economics class in his schooling career. Now, the guy has tons of money and is spending it at night clubs (loans own by big banks run by "Old White Men") and eventually invest in a huge house (with a mortgage owned by big banks run by "Old White Men") and marry a woman who eventually files for divorce (the attorney is typically an "Old White Man").

Interesting idea, that is probably unfortunately true.

My advice? Make Pro Atheletes complete a financial planning course prior to playing in their first game.

Say what??

Anyway, it would surprise you to learn that many rich men (white ones and everything) never had to take a course to learn not to blow all of their money on carwashes, niteclubs, cars, houses and jewelry.

The problem is that these guys don't really earn that money, it's simply given to them to entertain us playing a game many do for recreational purposes. It holds no real value so they just burn through it. They are no different than any other entertainers.

My friend works for an insurance company, and one of our Super Bowl era Bills totaled his Mercedes.........Problem was the Bill had not paid his insurance for something like a year, so my friend had to tell him that the company would not be paying him for the accident. The Bill went crazy and told him he's going to come down there and kick his desk jockey butt.

My friend had a lot of stories like this. Said these guys just are clueless (most of them) about life and money.

I hope he is alright first of all, this kind of financial pressure can put a real strain on people and some do some very tragic things.

Wow, everyone on here is very judgmental about this. No one worries about the person. It is not like he grew up with that kind of money and by the time he had it, it is more than likely there were people giving him very bad advice about what to do with it. Maybe even stealing from him, I would think the NFL or the players association would have some programs to help the guys out. Investing is tricky and tricksters are just waiting for some fool to come along.....

With all that said, yeah a fool and his money....

I hope the best for PP (really liked him as a player, seemed like a good guy too), not getting served is the banks problem. I honestly don't feel too much good will for banks these days.

You're right bowery. At times I can just jump on something too quickly without consideration to all sides of an issue. Peerless bungled his riches away, but I do hope he will make it thru it and also learn from this. If he doesn't learn from this...well then... what else can be said.

One of Marv's first moves as GM was to throw a no one else wanted peerless price over $2M/year. I never thought this this level of overpayment and bargaining against oneself would be surpassed. Then came the Kelsay extension.

Add in thé 48m for docker y and 25m for Walker rather than going after the guard from the bengals

• 2 weeks later...

our long national nightmare is finally over: http://deadspin.com/5715209/peerless-price-is-not-exactly-in-hiding

this excerpt from his wiki page is hilarious:

Legal Troubles

Unfortunately Peerless Price has not done anything the public at large would consider "newsworthy" post his NFL career. There are no scandals surrounding him or a great number of women; no illegitimate children; no rape charges, drug charges, or any violent acts. In fact, Peerless has continued to live an extremely low key, family centered life with the average day looking like golf, school plays, and lunch with his wife. In remarkable opposition to the extremely high number of retired football players and other athletes who have, in fact, found themselves in financial difficulties, Peerless and his family continue--and will continue--to live the same lifestyle and enjoy the same luxuries they enjoyed while Peerless was playing in the NFL. He has lived, and will continue to live, in the same home in an elite subdivision in Georgia until such time as HE chooses not to. Any court documents saying his personal home is in any danger of foreclosure or any other legal activity is in direct lineage with what is known in the legal arena as "slander" and or "libel." Keep printing and reporting such activity, and it is possible that 'Wikipedia' itself will have "legal trouble."

our long national nightmare is finally over: http://deadspin.com/5715209/peerless-price-is-not-exactly-in-hiding

this excerpt from his wiki page is hilarious:

Legal Troubles

Unfortunately Peerless Price has not done anything the public at large would consider "newsworthy" post his NFL career. There are no scandals surrounding him or a great number of women; no illegitimate children; no rape charges, drug charges, or any violent acts. In fact, Peerless has continued to live an extremely low key, family centered life with the average day looking like golf, school plays, and lunch with his wife. In remarkable opposition to the extremely high number of retired football players and other athletes who have, in fact, found themselves in financial difficulties, Peerless and his family continue--and will continue--to live the same lifestyle and enjoy the same luxuries they enjoyed while Peerless was playing in the NFL. He has lived, and will continue to live, in the same home in an elite subdivision in Georgia until such time as HE chooses not to. Any court documents saying his personal home is in any danger of foreclosure or any other legal activity is in direct lineage with what is known in the legal arena as "slander" and or "libel." Keep printing and reporting such activity, and it is possible that 'Wikipedia' itself will have "legal trouble."

That IS funny! I like that he has to point out that he hasn't been charged with raape since he left the League--as though this is a major accomplishment.

"slader(ous) court documents"?? "elite subdivision....in Georgia"??

He might want to talk to his "libel(ous)" lawyer.