Should McKelvin be benched?

Should McKelvin be benched?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should McKelvin be benched?

Maybe is how they go about their business after a bad day at the office. You had Leodis showing no remorse when he fumbled in the opener last year, saying that he's a playmaker and that he would always try to make a play. (as is that is his only goal) Today, with the team down by 24 he gets an easy int where he only had to dive to it after a tiped pass and he does the x-factor sign with his arm.

I have the sense that Leodis plays for Leodis first and foremost and as a team you can't trust those kind of players. That is why you test him by benching him, you keep coaching him up and see how he reacts.

Guess he should have ran to his phone to tweet about it and paint his face to look like a movie villan? How dare a player try and make a play and say he will always try and make a play.

Guess he should have ran to his phone to tweet about it and paint his face to look like a movie villan? How dare a player try and make a play and say he will always try and make a play.

I guess he should say that he will try to take care of the ball next time, but next time came last week and he fumbled a punt return in OT and next time was today tried to go throught the trash without changing the ball to the outside arm. Be a playmaker but be smart enough not to hurt your team first.

Think about it this way.....if he were being compared to the Bills past two #1 RB's, Willis McGahee and Marshawn Lynch, how would his first season in the NFL stack up?

Spiller was a guy who was expected to come in and make a difference right away. And rightfully so, he is a running back. They need to hit the ground running because their careers are short.

He may or may not turn into a player, but it is very noteworthy that he has not. I don't know anyone who thought Spiller would be of so little impact. Anyone.

And it is worth noting that they play better without him.

Exactly...

I freaked out a bit on Draft Day...I just thought it was a stupid move for a Team that already had 2 decent RB's...After the Lynch Trade I was OK, but I can't possibly put into words how disappointed I am in Spiller so far...He has so greatly underachieved to this point I think there needs to be a better word for this level of under-achievement...Like some sort of super under-achievement...Hyper under-achievement?... ;) I don't know...

Seriously though I think many Bills Fans thought Spiller was going to be the highlight of a Team desperate for talent...The fact that it has yet to happen is concerning mainly because The Bills have been so terrible at Drafting in the 1st Round you have to wonder if it's some sort of curse...Maybe a hyper-curse of some sort?...Who knows... B-)

Why is Spiller on that list? Isn't it a little early to label him a failure?

Don't know...

But it's DEFINITELY too early to call him any type of success...That's for certain... B-)

Off topic here, but, Spiller has 68 touches from the LOS in 10 games with today's 35 rushing yards his highest total of the season. His 258 yards from scrimmage leaves a lot to be desired.

If Chan is the offensive genius some fans think he is, what prevents him from including the 9th overall pick in their game plan? I've seen one play this entire season where Spiller was used creatively, that being the screen pass near the goal line at NE.

And if someone says it's pass blocking that precludes Gailey from inserting him, I'm going to puke. So far, the pick is living up to what the reality based fans called it: a luxury pick for a team needing help at more important positions.

Jackson is just more productive. It doesn't make sense for them to take out Fred Jackson and get diminishing returns just because Spiller is a first round pick.

It remains to be seen if Spiller can do enough of the dirty work to justify the touches necessary for him to get to the big plays he could potentially make. At the same time, if he is the kind of runner that can give you 1200 yards in a season, at some point he should be able to flash some big plays in the running game without getting 20 touches to do it. So far, it's not happening.

All that talent and physical ablity and stupid, stupid plays. He cost us at least 14 pts., and couldn't cover a fire hydrant today. With McGee declining and Leodis regressing......what? We draft a g'damn CB again?

With Florence and Youboty also entering free agency after the season it wouldn't surprise me. Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara are also both rated as top 5 picks.

The coaches made the depth chart and obviously thought he could start. Why not give him some starts and experience and maybe work through the mistakes and become a better DB/KR? And if you don't like him, maybe he'll get hurt. Win win.

That being said, if we can snag anyone better in the offseason, I'm all for it.

With Florence and Youboty also entering free agency after the season it wouldn't surprise me. Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara are also both rated as top 5 picks.

I hope Florence gets resigned. I like Youboty, he does make plays when he's out on the field on healthy, but his main problem is that he can't stay healthy.

IMO, the Bills bigger priority on defense is getting better players on the front 7. I hope eventually they do get a shutdown corner to replace McGee (or if it's McKelvin), but I'd rather see a dominating pass rusher first.

He may or may not turn into a player, but it is very noteworthy that he has not. I don't know anyone who thought Spiller would be of so little impact. Anyone.

This would include me. I was furious when he was selected, but I thought he would break a few long ones and sell some tickets.

One can never win an arguement when there is no proof, but I will always believe that Spiller was a Ralph Wilson pick. Mr. Wilson saw what a rb like Thurman could do, and thought that this would be the next Thurman Thomas. Posters on this board often compared their sizes as well, to prove that Spiller was "big enough." Ralph also figured that Spiller could break some long, exciting runs and draw fans.

Imo the only hope Bills Fans will ever have is for Mr. Wilson to let the Bills football people make the decisions. That, and to avoid bottom of the barrel hires such as Levy and Jauron.