Should McKelvin be benched?

Should McKelvin be benched?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should McKelvin be benched?

Whitner, Lynch, McLovin, Maybin, and Spiller...

This Team could run a clinic on how NOT to pick in the 1st Round of The Draft...

If it was not true no one would believe it... B-)

Why is Spiller on that list? Isn't it a little early to label him a failure?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i say he is a third year guy who is immensely talented..

You people need to re-align your expectations, imo.

I think his talent is a little overrated. He's fast and quick, but he's hardly proven to be extraordinary. He has a lot of skill, but he gets outrun deep by much bigger guys that have no business running by him.

You are right about the expectations and I think most fans have.

Had a bad game, in a game where no one in a Bills uniform shined. Leodis has had solid preformances in the past. He already has been benched- Mcgee is injured so he is back in there. This is his 3rd year and he was injured for the majority of his second year, that and attending a small school in Troy he may still be young and developing- at least I hope. Anyway we have way to many holes on the interior of our defense to have to address our secondary.

I don't know how he has a job.

Pass interference calls, not grabbing balls that come to him, fumbling kick offs, blowing coverage. I had such high hopes for him... but again, we fail at drafting quality players.

Bench him. Cut him. Whatever, he doesn't deserve to be out there, imo.

Think about it this way.....if he were being compared to the Bills past two #1 RB's, Willis McGahee and Marshawn Lynch, how would his first season in the NFL stack up?

Spiller was a guy who was expected to come in and make a difference right away. And rightfully so, he is a running back. They need to hit the ground running because their careers are short.

He may or may not turn into a player, but it is very noteworthy that he has not. I don't know anyone who thought Spiller would be of so little impact. Anyone.

And it is worth noting that they play better without him.

So cut a guy for trying to make a play and the PI was BS call. Plus on the TD he was interfered with. On the fumble yes he needs to be coached to move ball to outside arm.

While I do agree in part with your statement, but as far as the PI being BS then your just blind, he held the guys arm and didnt let him extend, that my friend is the definition of PI

Off topic here, but, Spiller has 68 touches from the LOS in 10 games with today's 35 rushing yards his highest total of the season. His 258 yards from scrimmage leaves a lot to be desired.

If Chan is the offensive genius some fans think he is, what prevents him from including the 9th overall pick in their game plan? I've seen one play this entire season where Spiller was used creatively, that being the screen pass near the goal line at NE.

And if someone says it's pass blocking that precludes Gailey from inserting him, I'm going to puke. So far, the pick is living up to what the reality based fans called it: a luxury pick for a team needing help at more important positions.

Most consider McGahee and Lynch as failures for our team... and Spiller has done significantly less than either of those guys.

Why does Spiller get a free pass?

Off topic here, but, Spiller has 68 touches from the LOS in 10 games with today's 35 rushing yards his highest total of the season. His 258 yards from scrimmage leaves a lot to be desired.

If Chan is the offensive genius some fans think he is, what prevents him from including the 9th overall pick in their game plan? I've seen one play this entire season where Spiller was used creatively, that being the screen pass near the goal line at NE.

And if someone says it's pass blocking that precludes Gailey from inserting him, I'm going to puke. So far, the pick is living up to what the reality based fans called it: a luxury pick for a team needing help at more important positions.

I don't know if Nix/Gailey are slowly working him in and are saving Spiller for when the Bills actually become competitive. That's my only guess to the limited amount of time Spiller's been on the field. I would like to see Gailey have Spiller involved more in the passing game, especially on screens and short passes.

As far as McKelvin is concerned, if he can't start playing better consistently, then I think the Bills should trade or cut him. I understand that every player has a bad game every now and then, but he's cost the team multiple games with his play.

He should be benched. I don't care who he is or when he was drafted. The guy is always hurting this team with his lack of focus and lack of awarenes of situational football. Give me the player that doesn't have great ability but knows what is going on around him.

+ 1

Dump this turd of a 1st round pick.

Constantly hurts team.

<_<

My vote is for "Yes and he should be cut in the offseason". I will admit, McKelvin does has talent, but he is way too inconsistent and has cost the Bills numerous games over the last 2 years with his reckless style of play. Today, he had three costly gaffes: Going for the INT instead of swatting the ball away, the fumble on the kickoff deep in our zone and the pass interference penalty on an overthrown ball in the end zone. I don't ever want see McKelvin handle another kickoff or a punt return ever again. I hope McKelvin gets benched and Youboty takes his place.

Give the guy a break, the word on the street is that he chokes himself with his belt while watching "What's happening? " reruns. That can hinder your motor functions.

My vote is for "Yes and he should be cut in the offseason". I will admit, McKelvin does has talent, but he is way too inconsistent and has cost the Bills numerous games over the last 2 years with his reckless style of play. Today, he had three costly gaffes: Going for the INT instead of swatting the ball away, the fumble on the kickoff deep in our zone and the pass interference penalty on an overthrown ball in the end zone. I don't ever want see McKelvin handle another kickoff or a punt return ever again. I hope McKelvin gets benched and Youboty takes his place.

Good call! But I'm a bad guy for stating this in another post! We all watch the bills and f*cking blows! He's a bust!

He should be benched. I don't care who he is or when he was drafted. The guy is always hurting this team with his lack of focus and lack of awarenes of situational football. Give me the player that doesn't have great ability but knows what is going on around him.

+1,000,000

He shouldn't return any more kicks. He's way too careless with the ball to be back there and has cost the team too many games.

I'd argue that he should probably be cut, in the spirit of the guys that went earlier this year. If you want to change the culture, cutting a guy who keeps creating huge negative plays and makes a big show after every assisted tackle would be a nice step.

+1 but that's how much he sucks! That's why he gives a big show because he finally did something!

i say he is a third year guy who is immensely talented....had a really ****ty game....and we should have him out on the field for every play that it makes sense for him to be there. The only way for players to develope is for them to play fricking football games. You people need to re-align your expectations, imo.

re align sh*t!!!! He was th 11th pick and was rated as the best corner in the draft! This is his 3rd year and he still doesn't have a clue!

McKelvin should not be benched, cut, or traded. He is a bill and it wont benefit our team to just dump him. He has tremendous talent, but has zero football sense which has killed us in crucial times. The only cure to his lack of football knowledge is experience and learning from your mistakes. We are 2-10 so i dont not believe we should bench him. I agree he should not return kicks anymore, but you dont just dump one of your most talented players physically.

I don't know if he should be cut, but that was honestly the single worst quarter of football I've ever seen anyone play. Consider:

1. Giving up over 100 yards receiving in 1 quarter!

2. Giving up a touchdown catch

3. Giving up a pass interference in the end zone, essentially giving the Vikings another touchdown.

4. Fumbling a kickoff directly after giving up a touchdown.

5. Returning the kickoffs he didn't fumble for a grand total of about 10 yards.

After that disgraceful performance, he was then on the sidelines smiling. Maybe for that he should be cut. He honestly played as if he was on drugs today, and not the performance enhancing kind either.

I'm no apologist of McKelvin and he didn't have a great game but

1. Most of the 100 yards are on 1 play, and most CB's have a game like that in their career, even Darrell Green and Charles Woodson have

2. That TD catch was offensive interference, and he still came down with it. Great coverage, bad break that the receiver also had possession.

3. I think you are referring to the one where Berrian shoulder checked him and he grabbed his arm back. That should have been a no call or a double call.

4. No argument there

5. Again no argument there, though Spiller did no better.

The Vikes picked on him but if he comes down with that pick instead of being interfered with and sharing possession, the game is a whole different view. His lack of experience needs to be changed over to PT as he needs to develop mentally. He is physically gifted but needs to translate that to the field. With McGee hurt and the season lost, they should focus on getting Spiller, McLovin, and Maybin more PT.

Mckelvin screws up, he gets his lawn trashed, and now posts saying he should be benched. Johnson costs the Bills a very winnable game against a good team dropping a ball anyone could have caught, and now continues to show what he really learned from spending time with TO (getting your name in the spotlight, TD celebrations, tweeting, and dropping balls), yet everyone sends him good will messages and encouragement

I'm no apologist of McKelvin and he didn't have a great game but

1. Most of the 100 yards are on 1 play, and most CB's have a game like that in their career, even Darrell Green and Charles Woodson have

2. That TD catch was offensive interference, and he still came down with it. Great coverage, bad break that the receiver also had possession.

3. I think you are referring to the one where Berrian shoulder checked him and he grabbed his arm back. That should have been a no call or a double call.

4. No argument there

5. Again no argument there, though Spiller did no better.

The Vikes picked on him but if he comes down with that pick instead of being interfered with and sharing possession, the game is a whole different view. His lack of experience needs to be changed over to PT as he needs to develop mentally. He is physically gifted but needs to translate that to the field. With McGee hurt and the season lost, they should focus on getting Spiller, McLovin, and Maybin more PT.

I noticed that too, they grabbed the back of his jersey and pulled down, yet no call. Its hard to blame him for that TD, he caught the ball too (and still held on with Whitner running into them), and it was only a TD because "Tie goes to the offence"

No one was getting anywhere against the Vikings today. He had a nice pick too

Mckelvin screws up, he gets his lawn trashed, and now posts saying he should be benched. Johnson costs the Bills a very winnable game against a good team dropping a ball anyone could have caught, and now continues to show what he really learned from spending time with TO (getting your name in the spotlight, TD celebrations, tweeting, and dropping balls), yet everyone sends him good will messages and encouragement

I noticed that too, they grabbed the back of his jersey and pulled down, yet no call. Its hard to blame him for that TD, he caught the ball too (and still held on with Whitner running into them), and it was only a TD because "Tie goes to the offence"

No one was getting anywhere against the Vikings today. He had a nice pick too

Maybe is how they go about their business after a bad day at the office. You had Leodis showing no remorse when he fumbled in the opener last year, saying that he's a playmaker and that he would always try to make a play. (as is that is his only goal) Today, with the team down by 24 he gets an easy int where he only had to dive to it after a tiped pass and he does the x-factor sign with his arm.

I have the sense that Leodis plays for Leodis first and foremost and as a team you can't trust those kind of players. That is why you test him by benching him, you keep coaching him up and see how he reacts.