Lee Evans is a Pansy

Stussy109

You can read from Lee's body language and demeanor that is isn't a super fiery win-at-all-costs type of guy.

Also, he doesn't get double-teamed frequently. That is a myth.

Still, he is an NFL-quality player on a team with few, so firing him seems to be short sighted. We are also far below what the salary cap would be if it were a capped year, so we have no need to dump player salary.

He'll never be a superstar though - just doesn't have the fire.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just simply calling a spade a spade, I don't really care what other players do. i could name other players who go balls to the wall and fight for balls, like andre johnson, sidney rice, calvin johnson, hines ward,donald driver, greg jennings etc...

and Bills Freak, its obvious that you have a boner for this dude. How else could you explain your defense of a critique, which in many observers minds is valid. Yeah the team stinks, the LBs suck, the o-line is in shambles, but guess what? Lb's don't play offense, our offensive line looked pretty good for the past 5 weeks and our Qb was outplaying most of the QBs we played, so where was Lee those games? Running around with T-Rex arms. Our 2 undrafted rookie receivers have been more involved in the offense then Mr. Franchise. Defend him if you want, obviously you've been around here for awhile so Lee's probably your guy, but just know that your living in the past. Evans hasn't been our number 1 receiver in 2 years.

[...], I just look at reality. I am not saying he is the next Jerry Rice, but he hasn't been in the best of situations for a receiver either. What, is he not productive because he doesn't score a touchdown then pull up his shirt to show some moronic writing on a t-shirt? Or walk around with words shaved into his hair? Run his mouth on talk radio or TV shows? Put retarded juvenile stuff on Twitter? Just because he is double covered, whether your horse blinders see it or not, and Fitz throws more to a different receiver doesn't mean they are more involved. Besides, what two rookie receivers are more involved? Nelson-I highly doubt it? You really should watch a different sport that maybe you can understand a little better and let your personal hatred for a player less affect your viewing of the game. You obviously don't know much about football, or you would know he is still the best offensive player on a team that doesn't have a QB or other personnel to use him. [...]

Edited by Sisyphean Bills
insults

No Dumbass I don't have a boner for anyone, I just look at reality. I am not saying he is the next Jerry Rice, but he hasn't been in the best of situations for a receiver either. What, is he not productive because he doesn't score a touchdown then pull up his shirt to show some moronic writing on a t-shirt? Or walk around with words shaved into his hair? Run his mouth on talk radio or TV shows? Put retarded juvenile stuff on Twitter? Just because he is double covered, whether your horse blinders see it or not, and Fitz throws more to a different receiver doesn't mean they are more involved. Besides, what two rookie receivers are more involved? Nelson-I highly doubt it? You really should watch a different sport that maybe you can understand a little better and let your personal hatred for a player less affect your viewing of the game. You obviously don't know much about football, or you would know he is still the best offensive player on a team that doesn't have a QB or other personnel to use him. C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S!!!!!!!!!

at least someone in this thread has some knowledge of the game

if evans isn't the biggest waste of talent in the league, then he's really close

i would argue the point that the bills don't have a qb...i like fitz, the only problem is that the o-line is absolutely dreadful, and those of you thinking that they are much improved need to look at how fast fitz has to get rid of the ball, not how many times he has been sacked...he has been making them look good by those quick 3 step drops, and those short routes are more suited for a taller receiver in single coverage, neither of which lee falls into

also, i don't understand how someone can praise steve johnson and criticize lee evans for not wanting to get hit in the same sentence...johnson has gone out of bounds numerous times this year instead of fighting for extra yardage...am i the only one who has noticed this?

to be fair though, i have a hard time questioning anyone's toughness if they play in the nfl...i don't think you can survive there without being tough and ballsy (unless you're a kicker maybe)

Lee Evans is a Pansy

HA, I'd like to see you say that to his face, 'cause them's some fightin' words where I'm from. Football is a tough game for tough people, as Chan says, I don't think you can call anyone that plays it professionally a "pansy."

I do understand your frustration, but pansy? Really? Try completing just one pro practice and get back to us.

HA, I'd like to see you say that to his face, 'cause them's some fightin' words where I'm from. Football is a tough game for tough people, as Chan says, I don't think you can call anyone that plays it professionally a "pansy."

I do understand your frustration, but pansy? Really? Try completing just one pro practice and get back to us.

I totally agree, the guy that started this thread would be shaking like a pansy in the wind. He might find out who is really a pansy.

Guys - OP is clearly using the term pansy in a relative fashion. Obviously, Lee Evans would thrash any of the losers on this message board, should he be fixing for a fight.

It is a fair comparison between Lee Evans and other NFL wide receivers. Some are tougher, more hard-nosed competitors than Lee Evans is. There are more fiery, demonstrative leaders. Compared to those guys, Lee Evans looks a bit pansy-ish.

Edited by akm0404

Has he ever layed out for a ball that is 5 inches off his fingertips in his life? He is one of the highest paid players on the team, and is supposed to be setting an example for the younger guys make 10% of what he is. At this point in his career, it is very clear he is just doing a job collecting his paycheck.

that's why we need to trade him for another pick in the draft while he still has some value or at least other teams think so .Go ask some Bills fans though he's #1 & we need him -- NOT !

It's time to start paying attention to what good teams do & trade the vets that either don't play up to their contract or are on the down side of their career , which i believe that is where Lee Evans is at now .

that's why we need to trade him for another pick in the draft while he still has some value or at least other teams think so .Go ask some Bills fans though he's #1 & we need him -- NOT !

It's time to start paying attention to what good teams do & trade the vets that either don't play up to their contract or are on the down side of their career , which i believe that is where Lee Evans is at now .

Honestly i don't want to trade, nor feel it would be worth it to. I just want to see the guy put some effort on the field on a consistent basis. Even though we were down 3 scores, other guys like freddie and stevie j were still out their ballin, as was the defense. Like i said, it just appears as if he's going through the motions.

No Dumbass I don't have a boner for anyone, I just look at reality. I am not saying he is the next Jerry Rice, but he hasn't been in the best of situations for a receiver either. What, is he not productive because he doesn't score a touchdown then pull up his shirt to show some moronic writing on a t-shirt? Or walk around with words shaved into his hair? Run his mouth on talk radio or TV shows? Put retarded juvenile stuff on Twitter? Just because he is double covered, whether your horse blinders see it or not, and Fitz throws more to a different receiver doesn't mean they are more involved. Besides, what two rookie receivers are more involved? Nelson-I highly doubt it? You really should watch a different sport that maybe you can understand a little better and let your personal hatred for a player less affect your viewing of the game. You obviously don't know much about football, or you would know he is still the best offensive player on a team that doesn't have a QB or other personnel to use him. C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure why you feel the need to talk about things that have nothing to do with production on the field to move your argument. Steve Johnson has 9 TDs. Lee Evans has 4. Steve Johnson has words shaved in to the side of his head, that must be why he catches more balls and more for TDs right? Mark Kelso made the statement that lee hasn't seen doubles and has trouble getting off the line of scrimmage. So I might not have the football IQ that a seasoned bitcher to TBD like yourself has, but I doubt you hold a candle to Kelsos knowledge base. [...] I watch football. I watch Lee Evans underperform on a team who needs guys to step up. I watch guys such as Fitz, Jackson, and Johnson play there asses off to make our offense better. All three of these guys' salaries put together is less then what Evans makes. Defending a leader on a 2 win team seems like the kind of thing you do when you have a special place in your heart for said player, i.e. [...]. Best offensive player my [...]

insulting

I'm not sure why you feel the need to talk about things that have nothing to do with production on the field to move your argument. Steve Johnson has 9 TDs. Lee Evans has 4. Steve Johnson has words shaved in to the side of his head, that must be why he catches more balls and more for TDs right? [...]

[...] What are you 12?

pot, kettle