3. Da'Quan Bowers* DE Clemson 97

4. Marcell Dareus* DT Alabama 97

5. Robert Quinn* DE North Carolina 96

6. A.J. Green* WR Georgia 96

7. Stephen Paea DT Oregon State 96

8. Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska 96

9. Nick Fairley DT Auburn 95

10. Anthony Castonzo OT Boston Coll. 95

5 of these players are D Line men,.... Not sure of what type of techniques these guys play, But with a top 5 pick, we should get an impact player.... (I hope)

Da'Quan Bowers (born February 23, 1990) is an American football defensive end. He is currently in his junior year at Clemson University. Bowers was ranked the #1 overall high school football prospect by ESPN.com in 2008,[1] the first Clemson recruit in history to be ranked as the number-one player in the nation by any recruiting service. Rivals.com dubbed Bowers the top defensive end prospect of the high school classes 2005–2009, describing him as “the closest thing to Reggie White and Bruce Smith”.[2]

Edited by coldstorage5

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem I can think of is: What kind of system to they play in? Is Bowers a 3-4 DE or a OLB. Call me shell shocked from Maybin, but if that is the case, I'd be scared to waste a top 5-10 pick on someone who has to learn a new system and position again. Now, I could see if one of these DT's would be a DE as that transition appears to be easier. I'd say go for the OT since this draft is weak, but if we pick top 5, that kids going to want some money.

Man, I still want Luck. I haven't watched a single clemson game this year to see Bowers play. The very begining of the year, I would have said Green would be a great pick (calvin johnson good), but we don't need another WR. And crazy thing is, this front office seems like the type that WOULD draft green. We have 2 RBs, then we draft a RB. We got a lot of WRs, wouldn't be a stretch to draft one.

If we don't get luck, then Dline all the way with the first pick. Run Stuffer, pass rusher, or one that can do both. One that can do both would be ideal with a top 3-5 pick.

The only problem I can think of is: What kind of system to they play in? Is Bowers a 3-4 DE or a OLB. Call me shell shocked from Maybin, but if that is the case, I'd be scared to waste a top 5-10 pick on someone who has to learn a new system and position again. Now, I could see if one of these DT's would be a DE as that transition appears to be easier. I'd say go for the OT since this draft is weak, but if we pick top 5, that kids going to want some money.

Bowers is about 280. I've heard reports saying he could be a 4-3 end or 3-4 end if he had to bulk up.

I think the bigger question is what kind of system will we have. I am not sure what we will have next year.... will they try 3-4 again or stick to the 4-3? That right there kinda hinders any defense prospect predictions.

1. Andrew Luck* QB Stanford 98

2. Patrick Peterson* CB LSU 98

5 of these players are D Line men,.... Not sure of what type of techniques these guys play, But with a top 5 pick, we should get an impact player.... (I hope)

Da'Quan Bowers (born February 23, 1990) is an American football defensive end. He is currently in his junior year at Clemson University. Bowers was ranked the #1 overall high school football prospect by ESPN.com in 2008,[1] the first Clemson recruit in history to be ranked as the number-one player in the nation by any recruiting service. Rivals.com dubbed Bowers the top defensive end prospect of the high school classes 2005–2009, describing him as “the closest thing to Reggie White and Bruce Smith”.[2]

Just curious - what's the source for this rating?

And if accurate, kinda sad that one of the Bill's biggest needs - OLB - doesn't even crack the top 10.

I think the bigger question is what kind of system will we have. I am not sure what we will have next year.... will they try 3-4 again or stick to the 4-3? That right there kinda hinders any defense prospect predictions.

I can't say I know much about the DL's in the list but I wish they would just pick the best players and run the defense that fits them instead of insisting on a scheme first and then backfilling with players.

The only problem I have with that is, what if they have a mix bag of players. They will have like half the players for the 4-3 then half the players for the 3-4. I think they need to pick a scheme and get the players that fit it. Right now, we have have like 75% for 4-3 (Kyle williams, stroud, kelsey, Johnson, Poz etc) and 25% for the 3-4 (Andre Davis, Dwan Edwards, Troup etc). Then on top of it, a lot of those players suck and need to be replaced anyway.

Picking the best defense for this team is going to put players in the spots they don't really belong either way.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

Just curious - what's the source for this rating?

And if accurate, kinda sad that one of the Bill's biggest needs - OLB - doesn't even crack the top 10.

It has been speculated that Robert Quinn, due to his speed and athleticism, can easily make the transition to 3-4 OLB. He's 6'5" 270 lbs, and has been clocked at 4.38 in the 40. Scary.

1. Andrew Luck* QB Stanford 98

2. Patrick Peterson* CB LSU 98

Bowers is a beast, he's recorded a sack in all but two games. He has sixteen sacks and five multi sack games. He's just a big dude that manhandles people. But Quinn is a bad dude too, totally different players, Bowers is more of beast where Quinn has size and speed. They are both going to do well in the NFL and I'd be happy with either one of the two.

I am assuming (and it may be a hopeful assumption) that gailey and his defensive staff will figure out what kind of defense they are going to install and teach next year. This year's experiment with the 3-4 was a colossal failure. If the team really wants to stick with it, then they are pretty much committed to drafting quinn with their 1st pick, and going defense for at least 4 more picks after that.

Quinn looks like the legit hybrid DE/OLB of this year's draft. Sorta like Orakpo last year : (

I can't say I know much about the DL's in the list but I wish they would just pick the best players and run the defense that fits them instead of insisting on a scheme first and then backfilling with players.

Yes but you have to have one system or another. It takes time to transition from a 34 or vice versa. The biggest problem was the front offices mistake in believing they could transform 43 guys into 34. They should have went all out for a real nose tackle in Casey Hampton or Vince Wilfork and proven 34 OLB as well to help transition the team over. Going after second tier players and journey man isn't enough. That said This season has shown these obvious shortcomings and I believe they will get the right guys in here. Our number one priority is to get a passrusher with the first pick.

Crap. The #2 guy is a cb. I see another 1st round db in our future. :censored:

people will go nuts when I say this, but I think in later rnds we need to pick up a CB, unless they pick up a FA CB.

McGee ain't lookin too good at this point, and after Corner I believe Youboty's the dimeback (minus McGee in lineup). Florence isn't exactly a spring chicken either.

Bowers sure looks like an OLB to me...

One of his biggest strengths is he is versatile.

At 280+ he would be a huge OLB, I think 4-3 DE is more of a natural fit.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to stand him up on a 3rd and long and blitz him from an OLB position.

And if the team is really insistent about a 3-4 he can bulk up about 10-15 pounds (some scouting reports say his playing weight is already closer to 290) to play 3-4 DE full time but you lose his natural pass rush knack a little there. Its not common to draft a 3-4 DE this high.

If the Bills continue to play this 3-4, 4-3 hybrid he wouldn't really have to come off the field, he could play DE in both sets and OLB given the situation.

One thing I just realized if the Bills did take Bowers with their #1,

That would be two years in a row they draft from Clemson.

Spiller and Bowers are boys.

CJSPILLER Cj Spiller

“@DaQuanBowers93: @cjspiller just continuing the legacy u left big bro” bra you did your thing this year

I was just watching this clip:

The ACC is so doo-doo though MD, NC State, GT and UNC are definitely not top tier teams, no wonder why he got a sack in 9 straight games.

When you watch the clip keep in mind that Jarvis Jenkins #99 could make an interesting Clemson book end in a 3-4 alignment around rounds 3-4.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2428

Edited by Why So Serious?