[please fix subject]

cage

I missed the game unfortunately as I was traveling all day Sunday... so a bunch of questions not about Stevie Johnson

-- Anyone know the extent of Dwan Edwards injury and who would start in his place?

-- Noticed Alex Carrington played and recorded a sack,... any other info on his overall play?

-- Plus looking at the highlights it appears Maybin was on the field... unfortunately the play I saw had Barry Sanders (I mean Ben Rothlisberger) shucking and jiving for 10+yds and a first down, with nobody on defense being able to catch him

Anyone with any updates on any of these three would be appreciated!!

1] Edwards has a hamstring injury and is likely out a while, maybe the rest of the season,

2] Carrington not only had a sack but played well overall and showed a lot of production and promise. He will likely start next week unless Spencer Johnson is back and 100% and he didn't dress yesterday. Carrington will likely play a lot the rest of the year.

3] Maybin was in for three total plays. On one of them, Jonathan Scott was beat and was called for a holding penalty that negated a good play. On another one he looked like he was held, then chased Big Ben down for a tackle on the other side of the field after an 18 yard scramble. Some people thought he didn't get up quick enough from the apparent hold. I didn't see the replay to know either way. Maybin deserves to see some action on obvious passing downs the rest of the year. And likely will.

1] Edwards has a hamstring injury and is likely out a while, maybe the rest of the season,

2] Carrington not only had a sack but played well overall and showed a lot of production and promise. He will likely start next week unless Spencer Johnson is back and 100% and he didn't dress yesterday. Carrington will likely play a lot the rest of the year.

3] Maybin was in for three total plays. On one of them, Jonathan Scott was beat and was called for a holding penalty that negated a good play. On another one he looked like he was held, then chased Big Ben down for a tackle on the other side of the field after an 18 yard scramble. Some people thought he didn't get up quick enough from the apparent hold. I didn't see the replay to know either way. Maybin deserves to see some action on obvious passing downs the rest of the year. And likely will.

in re #3:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c79393/Roethlisberger-runs-for-1st-down

looks like maybin did a heck of a job on that play. and i'm wondering just how quickly a person can get up when a 300+ pound fatass in laying on top of you?

Edited by bizell

i was screaming at the bar i was at the you cant just !@#$ing tackle a guy and lay on um. i hope maybin can get on the field a little more the rest of the season. maybe he comes into his game and can contribute

in re #3:

http://www.nfl.com/v...ns-for-1st-down

looks like maybin did a heck of a job on that play. and i'm wondering just how quickly a person can get up when a 300+ pound fatass in laying on top of you?

Thx. After watching that replay I'm not sure he could have gotten up fast enough to make the tackle before the first down was made with that guy on top. It did look like he was on the ground a half second or more before he tried to get up but he could have been trying and just couldnt budge the dude. It surely looked like a penalty should have been called though.

i was screaming at the bar i was at the you cant just !@#$ing tackle a guy and lay on um. i hope maybin can get on the field a little more the rest of the season. maybe he comes into his game and can contribute

In some areas that is called a "pancake" :thumbsup:

2. In addition, Carrington was held on a play that negated a decent Pitt gain (if memory is serving me).

in re #3:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c79393/Roethlisberger-runs-for-1st-down

Exactly. Obviously not fast enough for people who want to find a reason to gripe. He did well on that play. A lot of players wouldn't have bothered to chase Ben

down. Maybin was said to have a motor coming out of Penn State. Saw it on that play. He is quick. He just might not be big enough to be on the field.

I don't think he's not playing because he doesn't work hard.

this play is chris kelsey's game in a nutshell. he's too slow to go outside and instead ends up 10yds behind on the qb (meanwhile not containing) and than gets pushed over again, and than trips over teammates that he can clearly see....... how is he in the nfl?

Kelsay played a great game for once... beating a dead horse man

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.