Alex Carrington

Jerry Jabber

Congrats to Alex Carrington in getting his first NFL sack, and helping K. Williams finish off Rapelisberger for Williams' 2nd sack of the day. Looks like D. Edwards is out for a while (most likely, the rest of the season), so Carrington should get more playing time. Hopefully, with Carrington getting more experience, this will help in his development and maybe he'll get a shot at starting next season.

Congrats to Alex Carrington in getting his first NFL sack, and helping K. Williams finish off Rapelisberger for Williams' 2nd sack of the day. Looks like D. Edwards is out for a while (most likely, the rest of the season), so Carrington should get more playing time. Hopefully, with Carrington getting more experience, this will help in his development and maybe he'll get a shot at starting next season.

+1

Yah maybe Nix & Gailey can continue to clean house of those that aren't up to the job like Stroud . I haven't really seen him play this year but from what i've heard here he's not doing all that good this year ....

Carrington used a nice swim move on that sack and it was great to see him out there. The Bills were sending him from both sides of the line and they used stunts a few times. The guy is big and agile. I hope he continues to improve over the rest of the season.

Carrington used a nice swim move on that sack and it was great to see him out there. The Bills were sending him from both sides of the line and they used stunts a few times. The guy is big and agile. I hope he continues to improve over the rest of the season.

A few times I saw Carrington use the shutter step in pass rushing. I hope he learns that it must be bang bang then explode. One one play, he was still stutter stepping three seconds into his rush. That's not going to cut it. Yet, overall he does seem big and mobile. It also seemed that he will only get better with PT.

Now back to nub hands Johnson.....

Edited by Spiderweb

Today, we played against and offensive line that blcoks well for the run, but as everyone saw, is poor in pass protection. That made our ruch look better than it really was or is.

That said, we absolutely need Troup and Carrington to be ballers. Today, they looked better, but some of those huge holes for the Steelers to run through continues to be a huge concern. Our LB's too much carrying much of the blame as well. They were either late to see the play, over over ran the hole.

Stroud, who played decently against the Bungals, looked every bit today as a player with a fork buried in his back.

Today, we played against and offensive line that blcoks well for the run, but as everyone saw, is poor in pass protection. That made our ruch look better than it really was or is.

That said, we absolutely need Troup and Carrington to be ballers. Today, they looked better, but some of those huge holes for the Steelers to run through continues to be a huge concern. Our LB's too much carrying much of the blame as well. They were either late to see the play, over over ran the hole.

Stroud, who played decently against the Bungals, looked every bit today as a player with a fork buried in his back.

I have to agree but still great to see them sacking the rapist. The Bears OL was supposed to suck but we didn't even touch Cutler. It's was nice to see us putting the hurt on the QB.

Both Carrington and Troup are contributing and so far they look like they belong, better technique, maybe better strength (PRO standars) and maybe they can become solid players for us for years to come. It seems Carrington being inactive was the clear case of a numbers game because he showed he can play.

As you said, we need LBs that can attack the LOS, when Kyle Williams knifes through the OL there isn't one teammate killing the play after thim, we don't do this consistenly. We need better LBs.

I think this guy just needs more reps.

He was in on quite few plays. He seems to have good moves inside, good instincts as well.

Beast potential.