Gailey

Toledo Bill

while i love the adjustments, why do they seem to be complete 180 degree adjustments...hell i would be happy if we could do more than 10 plays in a half....what's up with that????

Although I can't figure out why they start games so poorly, our coaching staff seems to be making superior halftime adjustments. Something we have not seen in years!

but how and why are they able to adjust in the second half(excluding OT????)

Because for some equally unexplanable reason, the Steelers stopped trying to run it down our throats in the 2nd half; however, they did return to in OT. Bottomline, we just can't stop it.

With some serious help on the D-line and at the Linebacker position, this team can contend. Put up the "Help Wanted - Defensive players" sign the night free-agency opens and on draft day.

Because for some equally unexplanable reason, the Steelers stopped trying to run it down our throats in the 2nd half; however, they did return to in OT. Bottomline, we just can't stop it.

With some serious help on the D-line and at the Linebacker position, this team can contend. Put up the "Help Wanted - Defensive players" sign the night free-agency opens and on draft day.

I'm starting to wonder whether d-line isn't the problem whatsoever in our run defense. Williams is a beast. Carrington looks solid. Dwan Edwards and Stroud have been fairly solid. I think it's our lousy LB's and the scheme that's the problem. Case in point, in OT on a crucial run, one of our LB's (think it was Poz) totally blew his gap assignment, got pulled to the middle, and Mendenhall did a slight cut back through a wide open hole for a 10+ yard gain.

I'm starting to wonder whether d-line isn't the problem whatsoever in our run defense. Williams is a beast. Carrington looks solid. Dwan Edwards and Stroud have been fairly solid. I think it's our lousy LB's and the scheme that's the problem. Case in point, in OT on a crucial run, one of our LB's (think it was Poz) totally blew his gap assignment, got pulled to the middle, and Mendenhall did a slight cut back through a wide open hole for a 10+ yard gain.

I'm with you--it's the lack of talent with the LBs. The Bills now have 6 solid players for the 3 part of the 3-4. Akin also made a bone headed play that went for long run. Bring in 2 playmakers at the LB position, and this D becomes top 10.

I was just having the same conversation with someone. The line doesn't actually look that bad. The LBs however might be the worst in the league. Your in rough shape when Poz is your best LB. I assume that is why he's not getting any love with a new contract. I have a strong feeling Gailey and Nix will go VERY heavy on LB in FA and the draft. Which I'm 110% ok with btw.

but this isnt the first time....do we lull teams into a false sense of security? it just seems every game. we do NOTHING in the first half and come back to fall short in the second.....