this team isn't far off.

A guy dropped a pass that would have won a game against a team many "experts" like yourself had us getting blown out. So the entire team is a bunch of losers??? The loser is probably staring back at your in the monitor.

I hate agreeing with you but I do. This is the best offense we've seen since bledsoe left town!

Sorry, but count me on the side of the who gives a crap about the "good performance" against a good team. Did I expect us to win today? No. Did I expect us to keep it close? No. I was obviously wrong about that.

But what happened was not a positive thing. All it did was lay the foundation for more losing. Losers lose, winners win. Losers drop game-winning touchdowns right in their bread basket in overtime. Losers get the ball in good field position and can't finish. Losers get opponents in their grasps and can't make the play. Losing breeds more losing. We don't lose because we are so terrible....although we do in fact have a number of terrible players on the team. Losers lose because they are used to losing and can't do anything about it.

We're a bunch of losers, and all of the new players on this team are learning what it takes to continue losing from all of the veterans who don't know how to do anything but lose.

Lose, lose, lose, lose, lose, lose.

Losers, losers, losers, losers, losers.

(Thanks for letting me get that off of my chest.)

i agree completely...lombardi wouldn't come off a loss and see a glass half full.

First of all, I never said I was an expert. Common sense said the Steelers would win handily today. Surely you see that.

And the team has a bunch of losers because they have players who have done nothing but lose in this league.

And before you get into a big name-calling debate on the internet, try reading the entire post. I thought the last line, which was in parenthesis, would indicate that I am just a frustrated fan who wanted to vent a little. I doubt you are much different.

i agree completely...lombardi wouldn't come off a loss and see a glass half full.

Do you honestly believe Gailey is happy with that lost? It kills him and every player in that lockerroom. I've been there. No one is happy they played good. But as a fan, it is ok to be happy with some really good progress from a team that started 0-8.

They have lost 4 games to teams that all have 7 wins. I'm as pissed off as anyone that they lost, but the big picture is this team is improving. We may have lucked into a legit QB. The defense is slowing improve. Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams are the definition of gamers.

You add a top 5 pick to this team, it isn't that far off.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

But he DROPPED it! What should have happened means jack ****.

andrewinla... you seriously just need to stop.

when that many people disagree with you, it usually means you're wrong.

which you are, only because of the fact you arent taking the opposing defense into consideration.

and i believe the original post said "not that far off."

Do you honestly believe Gailey is happy with that lost? It kills him and every player in that lockerroom. I've been there. No one is happy they played good. But as a fan, it is ok to be happy with some really good progress from a team that started 0-8.

They have lost 4 games to teams that all have 7 wins. I'm as pissed off as anyone that they lost, but the big picture is this team is improving. We may have lucked into a legit QB. The defense is slowing improve. Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams are the definition of gamers.

Money.

andrewinla... you seriously just need to stop.

when that many people disagree with you, it usually means you're wrong.

which you are, only because of the fact you arent taking the opposing defense into consideration.

and i believe the original post said "not that far off."

Hey davey, thanks for the tip, but its a message board, so I'm not going to stop and I'm going to say what I think, regardless of how many people disagree with me. I am taking the opposing D into consideration, and I stick to my point that the offense was not impressive today. I disagree with Joe that they are "not that far off," they still seem a ways away to me.

we beat cincy and detroit who are bad teams. for some reason this team just doesn't have the edge. the monday night game against dallas, dropped kick against ne, this game, kc game and countless other games. i love this team and will never root for another but this team just finds new ways to break your heart.

This team is all guts and still short on talent. I agree with would - coulda - shouda criticisms. But to call them losers is wrong. They lost - they're not losers. Washington....losers. This game killed me. But at least I felt something and actually believe we are on the right track. But that's for later thought...right now I'm pretty hollow.

Did any of you watch this game? This was lost by the defense!

Yes I watched the game. The D bounced back after the first quarter nicely and played an inordinate amount of time while holding them to 3 more points in regulation. I do not fault the entire defense but do blame the gaffes by Kelsay, Stevie Johnson and McK for the inability to put the game away. Make no mistake this is a team of no-name players who just gave one of the best D's in football (led by the great lebeau) a run for the money. And this just a few weeks after scoring 34 against the ravens. Do not underestimate what we have achieved in the second half of this season.

To clarify, they are losers in the sense that they lose frequently and make too many plays that strip away potential victories. And there is a culture of that within the organization. They are not losers in the sense that they dog it, don't give it their best, etc. Those are the worst kind of losers.

I do disagree with the notion that we are "close." We're lacking talent, our recent draft history doesn't give me much reason to think that a top five pick is going to make a huge difference, and Chan has his hands full in trying to turn around the losing culture that exists within the organization. Maybe that one special player can magically turn it around. Who knows? I know one thing: I'll be here whether that happens or not.