Heading to TSO this afternoon

buckeyemike

I'm finally going to see TSO in concert, at Quicken Loans Arena, early show.

You guys have spoken so well about them over the years that it finally convinced my wife and I to go.

I will post later today or tomorrow...looking forward to an awesome show!

You guys have spoken so well about them over the years that it finally convinced my wife and I to go.

So guessing you are kickeing yourself in the nuts about now...great Bills game on, and you were sitting there saying ..WTF, what I am doing here watching this boring ass show????

I know people love these guys, I hated it last year when we went...left at intermission.

Edited by plenzmd1

Browns---Panthers game would have been telecast

in Cleveland unless Horseman has DirectTV or

goes to a Bills bar in NE Ohio.

I was driving from WNY to Southern WV and listened

to the game on a Steelers radio station and in

the second half I was able to receive 1080 WHAM

from Rochester. Alas the signal died one minute

into the OT.

I'm going to TSO for the fifth straight year. It's something I do with my niece every year, so I really like it for that reason.

I'm of two minds on the show. I absolutely love the music. I can and do listen to their first album in the summer. And, they have a bunch of other great songs. I also think the light show is really good and actually gets better each year.

On the other hand, they are cheesy as all hell. They are such old headbangers - "we used to play in a little band called....Sabbotage!"....That Chris guy bugs the crap out of me. Tells the people on the floor when to stand, cups his hand to his ear telling the crowd to cheer. I think cheering and standing should be natural and I've been on the floor, and hate being told to stand. It's totally awkward, and not organic at all.

I also think the 2nd half goes on and on. There's only so much instrumental heavy metal that I can put up with. And, then to play Sarajevo again tops all the cheese.

I think part of the disconnect is because I believe the guy who wrote this great music is not actually there as part of the band (at least not the one that comes to Buffalo).

We're waiting...

TSO? Seriously? :sick:

And heretofore I thought Yanni found an easy way to earn a living.

:lol:

Very good, Sen. Although from what I have seen, it looks like these guys are working hard at posing, shaking their hair and such. Clearly the person who does the lighting has a tough job and those lights are working their asses off!

Our physician has seen them live and said they were quite entertaining (more as a show than a true concert). He has pretty good musical taste and I tend to trust his opinion.

I think I'd have to alter my consciousness a bit to get the most out of seeing TSO. That state of mind helped me enjoy (somewhat) a Boston Pops concert with John Williams at the helm. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Very good, Sen. Although from what I have seen, it looks like these guys are working hard at posing, shaking their hair and such. Clearly the person who does the lighting has a tough job and those lights are working their asses off!

Our physician has seen them live and said they were quite entertaining (more as a show than a true concert). He has pretty good musical taste and I tend to trust his opinion.

I think I'd have to alter my consciousness a bit to get the most out of seeing TSO. That state of mind helped me enjoy (somewhat) a Boston Pops concert with John Williams at the helm. :rolleyes:

Williams? There's another one bilking the ignorant masses with his eratz ' serious art-music ' - everything he...um...composes ( :rolleyes: ) sounds exactly the same. And as far as the Boston Pops, well, Williams is no Arthur Fiedler!

Regarding TSO - with all the hair-shaking and pyrotechnics, I'd certainly be afraid of a Michael Jackson-type Pepsi moment. B-)

(TBD needs a good ' hair-on-fire ' emoticon!)

Williams? There's another one bilking the ignorant masses with his eratz ' serious art-music ' - everything he...um...composes ( :rolleyes: ) sounds exactly the same. And as far as the Boston Pops, well, Williams is no Arthur Fiedler!

Regarding TSO - with all the hair-shaking and pyrotechnics, I'd certainly be afraid of a Michael Jackson-type Pepsi moment. B-)

(TBD needs a good ' hair-on-fire ' emoticon!)

I feel exactly the same way about Williams.

I can't help you with a "hair on fire" emoticon. But I can offer you my new avatar.

TSO? Seriously? :sick:

And heretofore I thought Yanni found an easy way to earn a living.

Now thats funny..thought I was the only non TSO zealot on the board. If OP was like me and went based on the recommendations of this board..he might have shot himself halfway through the show and that is why he has not updated yet :w00t:

Although from what I have seen, it looks like these guys are working hard at posing, shaking their hair and such.

You've definitely got them nailed.

This is one of the two things that get to me. And, I've had front row for them, too, so 60 year old headbangers shaking their hair is not pretty up close......The other part is that annoying Chris guy telling me when I should cheer and when I should stand up.

But, I love their music so much. I just don't think the guy who wrote it is part of the band.

You've definitely got them nailed.

This is one of the two things that get to me. And, I've had front row for them, too, so 60 year old headbangers shaking their hair is not pretty up close......The other part is that annoying Chris guy telling me when I should cheer and when I should stand up.

But, I love their music so much. I just don't think the guy who wrote it is part of the band.

Is that true??? (!!!!)

You mean Johann Pachelbel, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Franz Liszt, Carl Orff, etc., etc., aren't actually part of the band?

(NEWS FLASH: everything they do is a cheap rip-off of popular works from the classical and/or traditional repertoire - none of those TSO clowns have ever had an original musical thought in their lives.)

Is that true??? (!!!!)

You mean Johann Pachelbel, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Franz Liszt, Carl Orff, etc., etc., aren't actually part of the band?

(NEWS FLASH: everything they do is a cheap rip-off of popular works from the classical and/or traditional repertoire - none of those TSO clowns have ever had an original musical thought in their lives.)

I stand corrected. Beethoven and Liszt are part of the band that tours on the West Coast.