While most were watcing Mallett, I kept an eye on this guy...

Special K

This is the third game I made a point to watch him, and he seemes to be a very impressive run-blocking tackle.

Not to mention the fact that Arkansas flip-flops its offensive lineman from left side to right side pending where the ball is spotted on the field.(He has consistent experience playing both Left and Right tackle)

I'm wondering if the drafniks on the board are aware of this guy, and if they think he may last into the second round....

I'd like to see this road-grading RT opening up holes for CJ and FJ for the Bills next year.

This is the third game I made a point to watch him, and he seemes to be a very impressive run-blocking tackle.

Not to mention the fact that Arkansas flip-flops its offensive lineman from left side to right side pending where the ball is spotted on the field.(He has consistent experience playing both Left and Right tackle)

I'm wondering if the drafniks on the board are aware of this guy, and if they think he may last into the second round....

I'd like to see this road-grading RT opening up holes for CJ and FJ for the Bills next year.

I noticed too a couple of times (maybe when the announcers mentioned him).

They call him "D Love". This 320-pound (just throwing out a number) beast.

A couple of interesting linebackers with Arkansas as well. I don't know if they are in the next draft, but they were good.

Edited by Dennis in AZ

I noticed too a couple of times (maybe when the announcers mentioned him).

They call him "D Love". This 320-pound (just throwing out a number) beast.

A couple of interesting linebackers with Arkansas as well. I don't know if they are in the next draft, but they were good.

I like the idea of adding trench players and passrushers before we re-address qb, just like you guys. But let me offer a darkhorse candidate to be a developmental qb. Zach Corallas (QB) Univ. of Cincinnati....check me on the spelling, he's a junior.

I give you Marcus Cannon:

Jersey Number: #61

Height & Weight: 6'6 - 350 lbs.

Ranked #72 on our Top 100 Prospects Board

2011 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

person

Marcus Cannon, OT, TCU

When any college football fan thinks about TCU, it is their defense that comes to mind first…and rightfully so. However, the Horned Frogs did not go to a BCS Bowl in 2009 and are eyeing another one this season just because of their defense. The offense may not be dynamic, but they are smart and control the game. In order to do that, TCU relies very heavily on their offensive line and nobody in purple is more important to the offensive line than tackle Marcus Cannon.

After serving as a backup as a redshirt freshman in 2007, Cannon stepped into a starting role at right tackle in 2008. He was often a very dominant player and saved his best outing for the Poinsettia Bowl against Boise State. By 2009, Cannon took over just about every game; he did not allow a sack all season and went up against some very good defensive ends. Cannon made the move to left tackle in 2010 and he could play either spot at the next level.

At 6-6 and 350 pounds, Cannon is a big lineman who has enough athleticism to move his feet and stop the more nimble ends. Cannon could sneak into the first round, but he is more likely a second or third round selection at this point. Yet, for a second or third rounder, he is a very polished blocker who has the ability to immediate

If we can find a badass, road grating, mean, snarly RT...this offense will be much improved. Wood should be back to normal next season, so the interior of our line will be solid. If DBell continues to improve and we add the aforementioned RT, our line may finally become a contributing unit on this team.

If we can find a badass, road grating, mean, snarly RT...this offense will be much improved. Wood should be back to normal next season, so the interior of our line will be solid. If DBell continues to improve and we add the aforementioned RT, our line may finally become a contributing unit on this team.

Love is your man then.

I saw a mock where Carimi, Constanzo, and Sherrod were gone in the first and we took Love in the second.

I was very happy with that. It may be a "reach" but this year the Tackle position is weak and Love is arguably the meanest in the crop.

If the rumors of Wang practices at Guard are true you would have

Love, Wang, Wood, Levitre, Bell

Or

Bell Levitre, Wood, Wang, Love

For your 2011/2012 line.

Love could battle Bell for LT or he is probably better than any RT on the roster and would start week1 and hopefully for the next 10 years.

Plus it gives a more romantic feel to the Erection Company.

And if by some unlikely turn of events they're protecting Luck the double entendre will make your head explode.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Love, Wang, Wood, Levitre, Bell

Or

Bell Levitre, Wood, Wang, Love

For your 2011/2012 line.

You're way ahead of yourself on Wang and frankly, Wood too.

Wood is a fan favorite and I hope he returns to his former self next year but he's not been much to see this year.

Carimi or Love in the 2nd would me awesome. I havent seen the TCU guy but I have heard he is more of a G in the NFL.

Sherrod and Soldier stink thought I wouldnt want them at all

One of my faroite guys is Carpenter from Bama. He is also regarded as a G but 3rd-4th round he would be a road grading monster. Another late round guy is LSUs blacksdale who could be a solid interior prospect.

With no true stud LTs in this draft, I am seeing a lot of good road grading RTs and G/Cs. Carimi or Love could be 2nd rounders. There are a handful of good Gs and Cs. If the Bills invest 2 picks in rd 2-4 on quality lineman I think we could solidify our OL. Of course I said the same thing last year and we didnt do anything about it :thumbdown:

Edited by Thoner7

Wood is a fan favorite and I hope he returns to his former self next year but he's not been much to see this year.

You're correct about Wang.

And foolishly, hopelessly, incorrect about Wood he is rated in non Buffalo based sports talk as a top Guard in 2010.

Not to mention if you watch the games and notice that thier isn't immediate pressure in the QBs face on every play anymore.

Why are so many people accusing you of not watching games? :D

Btw, you are 100% correct wrt Wood. The best OG on this team is Andy Levitre, by a lot.

You are wrong about Wood. He started off the season as merely an average G, but his last 3-4 games he has played like he belongs in the upper echelon.

Why are so many people accusing you of not watching games? :D

Btw, you are 100% correct wrt Wood. The best OG on this team is Andy Levitre, by a lot.

Couldn't agree more, most of the pressure has been comming right up the gut. Many will blame Haertenger (sp), but I've been blaimimg Wood all year long.

Although I hope that this is all based on his injury and blah, blah, blah,.... But he seems to be a bit of an Ass.

Levitre, on the other hand, has turned out to be a legitimate NFL player. When Woods muscule equals his mouth, we might have the decent OL envisioned when he was drafted in the first round.

You're correct about Wang.

And foolishly, hopelessly, incorrect about Wood he is rated in non Buffalo based sports talk as a top Guard in 2010.

Not to mention if you watch the games and notice that thier isn't immediate pressure in the QBs face on every play anymore.

Why the rush to move Hang out of center to put an unproven player in at guard?

Our interior is our strength, so until there is talk about moving Wood to center, we should keep him at guard where (as you point out) has been very good of late.

I think with another year in the weight/film rooms will make Bell even more impressive than he has been thus far. A high quality RT is what we need in my opinion and then line can then go forward and jell into a strength of our roster. Just my opinion.

He could be a good pick up for his versatility alone. I expect he will be there in round 2 or 3.

By the way, who is on your avatar? Awesome!

He's a top prospect. I've only seen them play twice but both times he looked very impressive to me. I like that he can and does routinely play both left and right tackle.

There may be other players I would prefer with our top pick, but he would be a good solid pick imo.

Edited by NaPolian8693

This is a weak class of Offensive Tackles.

Love will never be there in the 3rd unless he catches a significant injury.

He'll be drafted somewhere in the 17-49 range.

It would be an ideal pick for the Bills with their second round pick (39).

That gives you 2 high second round picks, 1 first round pick, a serviceable Vet, and D. Bell for your O-line.

The O-line complaints should go away.