NICE ARTICLE ON MIKE VICK

sleaky72

It's pointless to question the "dog lovers" that still despise Vick. People who care for animals more than they do human beings have their own sociopathic issues.

But if the objective of this post is to blame the Bills failure to pursue Vick on those people, it's kind of a moot point. The Bills organization passed on Vick, not the fans.

The Eagles are a good franchise. They have been consistently good as long as the Bills have been consistently bad, which is saying something. They make a lot of good decisions.

The Bills have been lousy and they aren't lousy by accident. They got there by making an extraordinary amount of bad decisions the past 11-12 years and they have consistently missed the opportunities that winning teams do not. Drew Brees? Not needed. Kurt Warner? Washed up. The Bills have been a model for nothing ventured-nothing gained.

The team consistently does things the fanbase objects to and those moves usually turn out to be predictably bad. So when they don't do something they should have, even if the fans were also in favor of not doing it, you can't blame the fans.

It's pointless to question the "dog lovers" that still despise Vick. People who care for animals more than they do human beings

This is a totally brain-dead statement. Not once in the past several years that this sociopath has been brought up for his crimes have I seen anyone ever put animals above humans.

Idiots see the outrage over him and assume this because they're idiots.

Here's the facts

He spent 6 years committing vicious crimes...crimes that serial killers had committed before they moved on to humans

He lied about his involvement for as long as he could until they had hard evidence against him.

His favorite phrase has seemed to be "It's unfortunate this happened to me"...a statement that indicates that he thinks of himself as a victim and a lack of remorse on his part.

The name I've seen Vick compared to the most is Donte Stallworth....let's examine that

After a night out, he went home to sleep off the alcohol

A few hours later, he woke up and went to get breakfast, with a significant amount of alcohol still in his system

While driving along the expressway, a guy runs out in front of him and Stallworth can't stop in time to avoid him

Immediately after hitting him, Stallworth called for help and was devastated about having killed the man.

It was discovered that Stallworth still had alcohol in his system above the legal limit.

Stallworth has been remorseful about the accident from the time it happened and did what he could to help out the family of the victim. Had his blood-alcohol level not been above the limit, he very well may have still hit the man and the courts wouldn't have done a thing to him because of the fact the man was illegally out in the highway and it was, in fact, an accident.

So you have 1 guy who committed pre-meditated vicious crimes over the course of 6 years and is not remorseful and another who was involved in an accident that wasn't entirely his fault but has been remorseful all along

No one with any remote level of intelligence can actually think Stallworth is a worse person than Vick...who was involved in even more trouble this past offseason

If anyone truly believes people are putting animals above humans, please seek psychiatric help

He didn't "lose $100 million". H never earned it, that's all. That's like saying I got fired from my job for committing a crime. Why should I have to go to jail---I've lost thousands of dollars. Isn't that punishment enough?

Another stupid Reilly article. This is what sports writing is like. Every one of them writing the same article packed with the same tired points and full of cliches.

He spent 6 years committing vicious crimes...crimes that serial killers had committed before they moved on to humans

Hey, Dr. Phil(ster).....what exactly are you getting at here?

Besides your attack on the OP, this just might be the single most ridiculous post I've seen. I can just see your chest pump up with every stroke of the keyboard, right?

When you're done hugging Donte, come back over to me so I can explain to you just how bad, bad, bad drinking and driving is. Regardless of "how sorry" and "how responsible" he was......

HE KILLED A HUMAN BEING!!

When I'm done with that little reminder, I'll then drill into your thick skull that one lost HUMAN LIFE due to DRINKING and DRIVING trumps that of how ever many dogs were killed and tortured by Vick.

Are we clear?

ARE WE?!?!

He didn't "lose $100 million". H never earned it, that's all. That's like saying I got fired from my job for committing a crime. Why should I have to go to jail---I've lost thousands of dollars. Isn't that punishment enough?

Another stupid Reilly article. This is what sports writing is like. Every one of them writing the same article packed with the same tired points and full of cliches.

Actually, he was denied it. It was a contract.

It's not the point. He paid the price that was on the law books. You don't like it, lobby to change the laws.

We are there so many a holes telling people that they need to forgive Mike Vick? They guy is a piece of garbage that spent the majority of his life acting like a common thug and living better than 99% of society because he could run and throw. There are millions of people that deserve to be written about and admired for their hard work. Are you kidding me with the "he's the last one to leave the locker room" crap? The guy plays a game for millions of dollars and some douchebag writer is using that as a reason to forgive Vick for his disgusting behaviour. If you want to argue that he has paid his debt to society, that's fine, but don't give us some self-rightous rant about how we need to forgive him and admire his new found lawfull lifestyle. Do you really think he would be acting any different now if he wasn't one step away from going back to prison and losing his paycheck?

Hey, Dr. Phil(ster).....what exactly are you getting at here?

Besides your attack on the OP, this just might be the single most ridiculous post I've seen. I can just see your chest pump up with every stroke of the keyboard, right?

When you're done hugging Donte, come back over to me so I can explain to you just how bad, bad, bad drinking and driving is. Regardless of "how sorry" and "how responsible" he was......

HE KILLED A HUMAN BEING!!

When I'm done with that little reminder, I'll then drill into your thick skull that one lost HUMAN LIFE due to DRINKING and DRIVING trumps that of how ever many dogs were killed and tortured by Vick.

Are we clear?

ARE WE?!?!

Actually, he was denied it. It was a contract.

It's not the point. He paid the price that was on the law books. You don't like it, lobby to change the laws.

He was denied it???

You're wrong. He signed a contract of employment just like I do. It covers remuneration and the conditions under he/I will get paid and remain employed. He chose to violate those conditions so he foreited his money.

wow.

He was denied it???

You're wrong. He signed a contract of employment just like I do. It covers remuneration and the conditions under he/I will get paid and remain employed. He chose to violate those conditions so he foreited his money.

wow.

He was denied it, rightfully so, because of his actions.

He had a a 100 mill pissed away due to his inhumane acts. It was all in front of him. He blew it.

He then paid his debt to society. The very debt that the lawmakers and we the people have written into law. Vick losing his right to realize the contract is obviously of his own doing.

I think we're saying the same thing here.

Not everyone works under contract.

He was denied it???

wow.

Vick paid the price for his ugly criminal behavior. He went to jail and lost years on his relatively short football career. What more do you want? If you have contempt for him and don't believe in the sincerity of his contrition then so be it.

From everything I have heard about Vick after his release and return to playing he has owned up to his mistakes and has worked hard to get back into a very challenging and merciless profession. When I use the term merciless I am referring to a profession which is based on performance and not sentiment. If you are not good enough you will be bypassed.

There are people who go ballistic at the mere mention of his name. I don't understand that level of hatred for someone who has gone through the justice system and has done everything expected of him to turn his life around. What more is there to be asked of him? The vitriol directed toward him is more of a reflection of the person who spews the hatred than the person it is directed at.

WEO, I am not saying you fall in that category. But it is astounding how the mention of his name can trigger a hatred laced response.

Edited by JohnC

Vick paid the price for his ugly criminal behavior. He went to jail and lost years on his relatively short football career. What more do you want? If you have contempt for him and don't believe in the sincerity of his contrition then so be it.

From everything I have heard about Vick after his release and return to playing he has owned up to his mistakes and has worked hard to get back into a very challenging and merciless profession. When I use the term merciless I am referring to a profession which is based on performance and not sentiment. If you are not good enough you will be bypassed.

There are people who go ballistic at the mere mention of his name. I don't understand that level of hatred for someone who has gone through the justice system and has done everything expected of him to turn his life around. What more is there to be asked of him? The vitriol directed toward him is more of a reflection of the person who spews the hatred than the person it is directed at.

WEO, I am not saying you fall in that category. But it is astounding how the mention of his name can trigger a hatred laced response.

John, in this great country of ours, freedom allows us all to pursue our dreams. Let Vick do so, what do I care?

I was commenting on the often repeated and idiotic claim that part of the price he "paid" was "hundreds of millions of dollars". He broke the contract that made that money available to him. It was not "taken away" or "lost". It was never earned.

He will have the opportunity to make much of that back, ironically, after this season--assuming he doesn't revert to the crappy QB he was before he got busted.

From everything I have heard about Vick after his release and return to playing he has owned up to his mistakes

the fact that he has the habit of saying "it's unfortunate this happened to me" says that he's sincere? The only time he's been apologetic about his crimes is when he's been given a script...that's my issue with him...his lack of remorse

He got out in less than 2 years because of his celebrity...anyone else would still be locked up and everyone knows it

John, in this great country of ours, freedom allows us all to pursue our dreams. Let Vick do so, what do I care?

I was commenting on the often repeated and idiotic claim that part of the price he "paid" was "hundreds of millions of dollars". He broke the contract that made that money available to him. It was not "taken away" or "lost". It was never earned.

He will have the opportunity to make much of that back, ironically, after this season--assuming he doesn't revert to the crappy QB he was before he got busted.

WEO, I want to make it clear that I wasn't referring to your well stated and understandable position on Vick. My response was more towards those who go ballistic at the mere mention of his name. I'm taken aback by some of the visceral hatred towards him and their view that he shouldn't be allowed to pursue his profession after he has gone through the penal process.

There is no doubt Vick has lost a lot because of his criminality. Whatever he lost he deserved. He did it to himself. There are some who don't care about him. That is fine. There are those who go beyond wishing that he fails in his profession. They don't even want to allow him the opportunity to reclaim his profession. That I disagree with. That was my central point.

The NFL is the most followed professional sports league on the planet...it sends a bad message to everyone if they allow a non-repentant convicted felon back in the league...it's not like he couldn't play football elsewhere...UFL, CFL, Arena League

When I use the term merciless I am referring to a profession which is based on performance and not sentiment. If you are not good enough you will be bypassed.

Who doesn't work in a profession which is based on performance. (OK, I'll give you politicians and various government workers) If your business is based on sentiment over performance you go out of business. That is why team owners are willing to overlook the fact that he is a someone who took pleasure in torturing dogs for his entertainment. They certainly have the option to hire him and he will of course accept those offers. People don't have to like the fact that while they do the best they can with their talents and squeak out a living, Mike Vick makes millions running and throwing and people praise him for doing that job while not breaking the law. I'm sure jealousy plays a role along with their understandable contempt for the life that he chose to live.