Being a Black QB; It Must be Tough

Rob's House

Perception of Black QBs  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think race affects black QBs?

• It's like Jim Crow out there
    • There may be a little more scrutiny on them
    • Teams are just concerned with winning
    • They often get a pass by media types who don't want to offend

why is that? why do we let the cream rise to the top in sports but in the "real" world we have boxes and quotas?

There aren't millions of people cheering you on on national television, expecting perfect punctuation on your business report with multimillion advertising contracts on the line if you dot every I and cross every T.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on performance !! Look at Jeff George and Vince Young decent stats but cry babies both of them . Vince looks like he's heading down the same road as George . Warren Moon performed along with paving the way for others & had a great career !! So did Randal Cunningham & now Micheal Vick , so it's all about performance !!!

Others that didn't Tim Couch , Rob Johnson (loser) , JP losman ,Trent Edwards, man i got to stop this is starting to hurt !! But you get the idea .

Edited by T master

Michael Vick went to the Super Bowl? What year was that?

You got me. I was wrong.

In 1998 when the Falcons went to the SB, Chris Chandler was the QB, NOT Michael Vick. I still stand by that he (and the rest of the Falcons team) beat GB in GB in a playoff game breaking some kind of cheese playoff home win streak or something and got to the NFC Championship in 2004.

There aren't millions of people cheering you on on national television, expecting perfect punctuation on your business report with multimillion advertising contracts on the line if you dot every I and cross every T.

so what I am hearing you say is that if we could millions to cheer, bet on, watch mid-level managers shuffle papers the quota system could be done away with?

You got me. I was wrong.

In 1998 when the Falcons went to the SB, Chris Chandler was the QB, NOT Michael Vick. I still stand by that he (and the rest of the Falcons team) beat GB in GB in a playoff game breaking some kind of cheese playoff home win streak or something and got to the NFC Championship in 2004.

Yup, I remember that. I thought he was going to the best QB in the league for the next 15 years at that point.

I would love to be a black QB in the NFL.

Just my opinion

Where is her article on white WR's or RB's?

Just look at TO's recent "fast for a white guy" comment for evidence that crackers don't get a fair shot at the other skilled positions.

I had a conversation with a friend (who is black) about white guys in the NFL a while back. We were discussing how in the last few years it seems that white offensive skill players (RB and WR) have been making a comeback.

Just my opinion

I had a conversation with a friend (who is black) about white guys in the NFL a while back. We were discussing how in the last few years it seems that white offensive skill players (RB and WR) have been making a comeback.

I was thinking the same thing.

How come the Bills have never had a black QB? Or, if they have, who was he?

James Harris - who in 1969 became the first black quarterback to start the season opener.

The only other one I can think of is Willie Totten, who played the strike games in 1987.

Yeah, your point is not the same as the people who said she is Whitlock with titties, etc. However, I don't think Whitlock is the only one writing about race. I see it all over. I assume you don't live in Buffalo or read the News, or else you would see Watson a few times a week.

Fair enough. Yep, I don't live in Buffalo or read the News. :)

On SportsCenter just now Tom Jackson, Chris Carter, and Keyshawn Johnson ALL said that Vince Young doesnt even deserve to be on the team anymore, let alone be the starting QB, because of his own actions.

Guess those 3 guys are trying to hold the black man down...

Er do you have a point or just cloaking ur racism in psycho-babble