Anyone know of any good OJ Simpson books?

Chandemonium

I have to write a paper about a famous person for a developmental psychology class, and I thought OJ would be an interesting person to write about because he is both famous and infamous for many reasons. What I have to do is research this person's life and use developmental psychology principles and theories to attempt to explain how they became the person they are in adulthood. Does anyone know of any good OJ biographies that contain a good amount of information on his childhood and early life?

There are a million OJ books, but everything written in the last 15 years will frame his early life as a set up to the murders. Of course everything written before then will frame his youth as an obstacle he overcame on the road to greatness (at least that's how I remember the OJ books I read as a kid).

You should probably read from both eras to get a composite, but those old ones might be hard to find. Check the public library or paperbackswap.com.

I honestly don't know of a good one. I have a lot of Bills books...the only biography I have ever read, pre-murders, was written by Larry Felser around 1975...I got it when I was 10, through the school book club. I still have it if you are interested...I don't think it is very insightful, as it is written for school kids...it has all the "Mr Brown, my name is OJ Simpson, and I am going to break all your records some day" garbage...

I honestly don't know of a good one. I have a lot of Bills books...the only biography I have ever read, pre-murders, was written by Larry Felser around 1975...I got it when I was 10, through the school book club. I still have it if you are interested...I don't think it is very insightful, as it is written for school kids...it has all the "Mr Brown, my name is OJ Simpson, and I am going to break all your records some day" garbage...

Mr Brown?? Oh thats right, wrong Mr Brown :wallbash:

Thanks for the replies guys. I decided not to do OJ though, it's due on Tuesday and with the library being closed today I don't feel like I have enough time to try to find sources. I think I'm going to do Marv Levy instead. I own and have already read Where Else Would You Rather Be?, so I think I should be set with that. Happy Thanksgiving!

The OJ version of Jingle Bells, recounting his career with the Bills up to the murders:

Dashing through the snow

In a one-horse open slay

O'er the fields we go

Laughing all the way

Bells on bobtails ringa

Making spirits bright

What fun it is to laugh and sing

A slaying song tonight!