Think Chan can handle Vince Young?

Haven Moses

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it matter? We clearly found our QB in Fitzpatrick. Why can't Bills fans appreciate something good when we have it?

+1

+2

I cant believe someone started a VY thread (well, i guess I can believe it). Young is not very good. Im not sure I would call him bad, but he is not nearly as good as Fitzy. Not even close actually.

The Trent over Fitz gaffe is not so unfathomable. Trent was a flag football superstar who crumbled under game pressure and Ftiz seems to be exactly the opposite. Of course a new coaching staff would get that wrong in training camp. In Hindsight it cost the team 1 win, 2 at most (if you honestly believe Fitz could have defeated the Pack) so what is the big deal? Let's move on.

I'd like to see Brohm brought into a game at some point to find out which side of that spectrum he falls on.

An upgrade at QB means a locker room leader capable of perennially ranking as a top 5 QB VERY SOON. Anything less and you may as well stick with Fitzy. Vince is not that guy, and Chan would need a whole new (and simple) playbook for him as his Wonderlic score got lots of press for the opposite result of Fitz's.

Good post. :thumbsup:

The Trent over Fitz gaffe is not so unfathomable. Trent was a flag football superstar who crumbled under game pressure and Ftiz seems to be exactly the opposite. Of course a new coaching staff would get that wrong in training camp. In Hindsight it cost the team 1 win, 2 at most (if you honestly believe Fitz could have defeated the Pack) so what is the big deal? Let's move on.

I'd like to see Brohm brought into a game at some point to find out which side of that spectrum he falls on.

An upgrade at QB means a locker room leader capable of perennially ranking as a top 5 QB VERY SOON. Anything less and you may as well stick with Fitzy. Vince is not that guy, and Chan would need a whole new (and simple) playbook for him as his Wonderlic score got lots of press for the opposite result of Fitz's.

Wonder how Nix and Gailey would score on the Wonderlic?

I don't think we would want to know.

Sorry but Brohm cant play, get over it

Handle him? As in cutting him? Sure.

That's the wrong question. Vince Young needs to "handle" Vince Young. He needs to decide he wants to put in the effort to be great or not. Nobody can make those decisions for him.

Some of these clowns have it backwards. They think that the game and their teammates exist as a sort of vehicle to help glorify themselves personally. But, the ultimate team sport is about building a team and the accolades follow great teams. Teams that win and win championships will reflect more than enough glory and praise on their best players.

VY is the exact opposite of Fitz in terms of smarts, leadership, desire, physical ability.

But as much as everyone wants to rip VY, he has shredded us everytime we play him and was having a decent year. 5th in QB rating. The guy finds a way to win. Someone who takes this chance could be very rewarded if he is put in the right setting (which I don't think is buffalo).

SPLIT CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2010 93 156 1255 59.6 8.05 71 10 3 13 98.6

Fitz:

SPLIT CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2010 169 285 1961 59.3 6.88 54 18 9 14 88.1

Edited by marshawn's_blunt

Chan struggled to pick between Edwards and Fitz.

Anyway, Young is a bust. He's likely retarded also.

Gailey learned quickly as soon as the "real" games started though. He made the right move dumping Trent. I'd take Fitz over Young as the starter here anyday.