donald jones

superbills315

he had a good game 5 catches for 70 yards and 1 td i think we got two good wide receivers as rookie free agents, we are now stacked at wr with lee evens, steve johnson, rosco parrish, marcus easley, david nelson, donald jones and buffalos own naaman roosevelt.

i know we dont know what we have with a lot of thes guys but if one or two end up like steve j. i will be happy... go bills:beer::beer:

he had a good game 5 catches for 70 yards and 1 td i think we got two good wide receivers as rookie free agents, we are now stacked at wr with lee evens, steve johnson, rosco parrish, marcus easley, david nelson, donald jones and buffalos own naaman roosevelt.

i know we dont know what we have with a lot of thes guys but if one or two end up like steve j. i will be happy... go bills:beer::beer:

The WRs are good because of the QB.

Did anyone notice how fast Jones is? It looked like he fired a rocket when he took off for the end zone.

PTR

I thought the same thing... actually said out loud, "wow, that guy's a burner!" when the showed the replay of his burst as he neared the endzone and blew past the defenders. Now I understand better why he's always the second man back deep on kick returns as well as the outside gunner on kickoffs and punts.

Nice game, rookie! :beer:

I'm not even sure if it was to the level of "pop gun." It may have been simply a picture of a pop gun. We are only now seeing just how bad it was - worse than the statistics.

This offense, with largely the same players was routinely scoring 3-10 points/game just a year ago :)

Watch Donald Jones block on run plays also. He brings an entire new element to the offense that you don't get with Roscoe. Don't underestimate how much it helps when Jones can seal the edge or chip somebody. Probably one of the reasons he is getting more time than David Nelson since Roscoe went down as well.

This offense, with largely the same players was routinely scoring 3-10 points/game just a year ago :)

The offensive line is maturing ... it really does take time for rookie and near rookie players to adapt to the NFL.

Bell is improving and doing a good job at LT and the rest of the line has been pretty solid since 'Gramps' went down with his injury.

But, in the end ... anyone want Shanahan still? I am so glad we have Chan!

ya where are all the guys who blamed the O-line and said Edwards "would be good" if we only had...

1. better tackles

2. better guards

3.better coaches

4.oh and better receivers

Well we had these same receivers and lineman last year.

Where are those idiots now who wanted TO to stay? WHo played better yesterday? Owens dropped at least one ball, stevie 0. Owens had 1 0r 2 TDs, Stevie 3.

Well now they are saying any receiver who has a decent game is now a number 1 and a star. So why now do the other WRs look so good? Well first, Lee Evans pulls 2 guys his way and leaves a wide open Johnson to catch the balls that T.O. never could. ohh and we have a real QB who most wont accept because we didnt draft him. Fitz is doing good, so Johnson looks good, Johnson is slowish but with great hands and agility ala Billy Brooks. Was Billy Brooks a star? He was good but he just had 1 good year and thats it, he holds the bills record for most tds in a season. There was a pole at the end of last year whether people on this board wanted fitz or trent to start, it was like 80/20 in favor of trent, REALLY???

after the way he played in 09 the board here was all to quick to beg for trents re-emergence. WHY?

It is now confirmed that there is a group of morons on this board who wil forever start controversy by saying the opposite of the truth every time until we win a superbowl and even then they will say, "but Trent was 5 and 1....5 and 1....ohh and trade Lee Evans"

Edited by loserlovers

Watch Donald Jones block on run plays also. He brings an entire new element to the offense that you don't get with Roscoe. Don't underestimate how much it helps when Jones can seal the edge or chip somebody. Probably one of the reasons he is getting more time than David Nelson since Roscoe went down as well.

+1 Beat me to it, he should give Lee some pointers. It was great to see a receiver taking out DB's on a running play. I hope he gets more playing time.