After 2 straight Ws what are you rooting for?

mikegamms

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious what the majority of fans are thinking. I've heard some people that wish they'd stopped winning and secure te first round pick. Other fans, like myself, think no matter what they want the bills to win each game.

I don't believe it's the majority who want the Bills to lose - just the bedwetting draftnik types who have nothing better to do than drool over greenhorn college talent every Saturday.

I think if you could have a scientific poll, most real fans want the wins.

And, in regard to overall effort, it's really better than just "2 straight". The 3 games prior to the wins were losses by a combined 9 points. In the last 6 games, going back to the Jaguars contest, the Bills have outscored opponents 152 to 151 point.

These are the signs of a team coming together. A gelling still in it's infancy for sure, but it's promising nonetheless. And yet, there's still a number of supposed Bills fans more interested in the damn draft in April than the actual games. Go figure!

I don't believe it's the majority who want the Bills to lose - just the bedwetting draftnik types who have nothing better to do than drool over greenhorn college talent ...

I wasn't say a majority that want that. Just that I wanted to know what a majority thought.

But good points. Agreed

My opinion has not changed, the culture of collapse and losing is ending and we are entertaining again, relevant comes next and then playoff runs. We don't need Luck we can make our own luck.

Nicely put. If we continue to improve at this pace, why would you do anything drastically different. Let's not talk about the draft again til draftime.

Curious what the majority of fans are thinking. I've heard some people that wish they'd stopped winning and secure te first round pick. Other fans, like myself, think no matter what they want the bills to win each game.

Edited by Bart

6 more

Three straight would be nice. More than anything else I want to beat the Pats* at home in front of a full house.

And another thing, for all you "fans" rooting for losses; by what mechanism are you hoping these losses can be accomplished? Key injuries? Mass lockerroom insurrection? Should Gailey be starting Ganther at tailback? How about mix the line all up and have D. Bell snappin the ball.

What do you say to the season ticket buyers?

You people are utterly ridiculous.

Just pick a new team each week. But dont pick til halftime so you can see who has the lead.

Edited by marsadale

And another thing, for all you "fans" rooting for losses; by what mechanism are you hoping these losses can be accomplished? Key injuries? Mass lockerroom insurrection? Should Gailey be starting Ganther at tailback? How about mix the line all up and have D. Bell snappin the ball.

What do you say to the season ticket buyers?

You people are utterly ridiculous.

Just pick a new team each week. But dont pick til halftime so you can see who has the lead.

Agreed. Morons.

When they were 0-8, I saw no reason to win with the possibility of Luck being available, since Luck appears to be a once in a decade player. Now, at 2-8 there is no chance of getting the #1 pick & the team appears to be playing a lot better & developing a pretty good bunch of receivers. With Luck gone, I wouldn't draft any other QB early & I'm no longer interested in where we draft. Just win.

+1

I along with you, were rooting for securing the #1 pick to get Luck. Since that is over, I hope the Fitz supporters are right about him because I don't want the Bills to draft Mallett or Locker.

Also, I will be rooting for Luck to stay in college for another year so I won't feel too bad about missing out on our chance to draft him.

I'd love to see the Bills redeem this season by winning out. 8-8 would look good after the 0-8 start. There is no way that's going to happen - our defense is pretty bad. I think at best we go 5-11. It still wouldn't surprise me if we finish the season at 3-13 or 4-12. Pittsburgh, Jets or the Patriots will probably represent the AFC in the Superbowl, and we still have to play all of them. The other three teams are not going to roll over either. Maybe Farve will give us a going away present when we play the Vikes. Hoping for the best...

Go Bills!

I don't believe it's the majority who want the Bills to lose - just the bedwetting draftnik types who have nothing better to do than drool over greenhorn college talent every Saturday.

I think if you could have a scientific poll, most real fans want the wins.

And, in regard to overall effort, it's really better than just "2 straight". The 3 games prior to the wins were losses by a combined 9 points. In the last 6 games, going back to the Jaguars contest, the Bills have outscored opponents 152 to 151 point.

These are the signs of a team coming together. A gelling still in it's infancy for sure, but it's promising nonetheless. And yet, there's still a number of supposed Bills fans more interested in the damn draft in April than the actual games. Go figure!

All of this... great post! :thumbsup: