AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL

OldTimer1960

I've been a fan since I was ten years old which was in 1963. I will always root for this team to win and I never give up in the 2nd quarter. The OP was reacting like a moron. By the way, I picked my "Greatest Comeback" sweatshirt to wear today, before the game started. It may have not matched the 1993 game, but it sure was sweet.

It takes real effort to F-up a franchise this bad. There should not be ANYONE left in the scouting

department after this season. This team is so void of talent it is ridiculous. The only two

1st round picks that are good at all in the last many years are Lee Evans and Eric Wood.

For those thinking that they should "build around Fitz", I think that he is showing why he is a

tough overachieving career-backup.

Even formerly good K Rian Lindell is now awful. How on earth do you kick the ball out of bounds

with 1:17 left? That error gave Cincinatti 3 points and if the Bengals were worth a crap, they'd

have scored 7. Way to just hand momentum right back to Cinci after a late score gave the Bills

just a little hope.

I've been a fan since the late 60s and while I admire the team's effort, they are just truly

awful and might be the worst team I have seen in those 40 some years.

Whew, I needed to vent that. I'll try to get back to being calm and rational now.

How your foot taste?

Edited by mead107

You notice how the guys that start threads like this very rarely come back to them to take their lumps?

I am tempted to read the game thread today. I can only imagine how many posts in the first half turn out to bite the poster in the ass. The morons really expose themselves on days like this.

It takes real effort to F-up a franchise this bad. There should not be ANYONE left in the scouting

department after this season. This team is so void of talent it is ridiculous. The only two

1st round picks that are good at all in the last many years are Lee Evans and Eric Wood.

For those thinking that they should "build around Fitz", I think that he is showing why he is a

tough overachieving career-backup.

Even formerly good K Rian Lindell is now awful. How on earth do you kick the ball out of bounds

with 1:17 left? That error gave Cincinatti 3 points and if the Bengals were worth a crap, they'd

have scored 7. Way to just hand momentum right back to Cinci after a late score gave the Bills

just a little hope.

I've been a fan since the late 60s and while I admire the team's effort, they are just truly

awful and might be the worst team I have seen in those 40 some years.

Whew, I needed to vent that. I'll try to get back to being calm and rational now.

Come back to this thread and visit! I have some crow all cooked up for you.

Don't worry. They're going to have a pick in the top 5 this coming draft. No way they'll blow that pick. :w00t:

Too many people put their thoughts up on this board like chimps flinging their own poop against a wall, and then are nowhere to be found when they're proven dead wrong. What do you say, OldTimer1960? Care to re-visit the thread that you started and take your medicine?

Well it actually was still awful awful awful.

But the focal point of the awfulness switched to the Bungles in the second half (and did it ever!).

Too many people put their thoughts up on this board like chimps flinging their own poop against a wall, and then are nowhere to be found when they're proven dead wrong. What do you say, OldTimer1960? Care to re-visit the thread that you started and take your medicine?

Here I am and happily they won the game thanks to them trying and also thanks to an EPIC collapse by the

Bengals. I don't know where you come off thinking that I am dead wrong, though. Yeah, the Bengals completely

folded and the Bills were game enough to take advantage of that. Great and I am happy that they did. I am

happy that they try hard and compete. I am happy that their coach has put some toughness into them. BUT,

don't think that this is somehow a great team. All the flaws that were there going 0-8 are still there. Some

are improving with experience (the OL, Troup and Carrington are at least playing on the DL now, Steve Johnson),

but their run defense is still truly abysmal. Lindell's out of bounds kick and missed 30 yd FG attempt would

have cost them the game against even a decent opponent. And, I love Fitzpatrick's story and heart, but I

still am not sold on him being the answer at QB for the long-term. He is a gritty, smart, hard-working QB,

but he can be wildly inaccurate. There have been a LOT of passes this year that defenders flat-out dropped

that should have been INTs. Heck, he got very lucky in this game that an INT was called back due to a

roughing the passer penalty. That could have ended the game right there as Cinci's lead could have been insurmountable.

OK, flog me for venting my frustration, but don't come off like some smug know-it-alls that you guys all had this figured out and knew that they were going to win this game.

Here I am and happily they won the game thanks to them trying and also thanks to an EPIC collapse by the

Bengals. I don't know where you come off thinking that I am dead wrong, though. Yeah, the Bengals completely

folded and the Bills were game enough to take advantage of that. Great and I am happy that they did. I am

happy that they try hard and compete. I am happy that their coach has put some toughness into them. BUT,

don't think that this is somehow a great team. All the flaws that were there going 0-8 are still there. Some

are improving with experience (the OL, Troup and Carrington are at least playing on the DL now, Steve Johnson),

but their run defense is still truly abysmal. Lindell's out of bounds kick and missed 30 yd FG attempt would

have cost them the game against even a decent opponent. And, I love Fitzpatrick's story and heart, but I

still am not sold on him being the answer at QB for the long-term. He is a gritty, smart, hard-working QB,

but he can be wildly inaccurate. There have been a LOT of passes this year that defenders flat-out dropped

that should have been INTs. Heck, he got very lucky in this game that an INT was called back due to a

roughing the passer penalty. That could have ended the game right there as Cinci's lead could have been insurmountable.

OK, flog me for venting my frustration, but don't come off like some smug know-it-alls that you guys all had this figured out and knew that they were going to win this game.

Hahahahaha. Try typing this next time, "Wow, I was really wrong. Forgive me fellow Bills fans, I've come to expect the worst." That would be the manly thing to do instead of this "I was only a little wrong" BS.

I love the "wildly" inaccurate stuff. His completion rate is 3% below that of Rothlisberger, who no one would say is an inaccurate passer. That means for every 100 attempts, Rothlisberger completes 3 more. At a clip of 30 pass attempts a game, that's about 1 completion more per game. Do I want that completion and the 7-8 yards that go with it? You bet. Does it make some huge difference? Of course not.

That doesn't make him as good as Rothlisberger. It just makes the point that although he's not Brees-like in his accuracy, it's less of an issue than many here make it out to be.

Hey, 50% humilty is better than nothing. I think I would have hid out for a few weeks after that post. At least he had the guts to come back. But Old Timer...it wasn't all the Bungles bungling. Watch the Hi Lites & see if you can come back & up your humility level to where it needs to be... another 20 points or so. No, I didn't know the outcome, but I had a feeling they would have a respectible 2nd half. They exeeded my expectaions by a country mile.

I actually had zero expectation of the Bills winning that game, and was probably just as frustrated at halftime. But I would have known better than to post my rantings before the game was actually over. Still, kudos for coming back to respond. Most people would have hidden for a week and then started posting again as if nothing happened.