Peter King - LA Frontrunners

TheLynchTrain

Regarding a team in LA, Peter King says:

As for the team to play there, the obvious candidates are San Diego (likely the favorite, unless a stadium gets built there, which appears increasingly unlikely) or Oakland. I'd say San Diego's more likely, but this thing has a couple of years to play out.

Always good news, even if it is speculation.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/14/monday-morning-qb-week-10/1.html

As for the team to play there, the obvious candidates are San Diego (likely the favorite, unless a stadium gets built there, which appears increasingly unlikely) or Oakland. I'd say San Diego's more likely, but this thing has a couple of years to play out.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/14/monday-morning-qb-week-10/1.html

I guess the Ed Roski City of Industry stadium is dead. But this NEXT stadium idea---this one's gonna do the trick!

round and round it goes....

I've been saying all along that the Chargers should go to L.A. The Chargers started in L.A. back when the AFL was formed! Charger fans can drive 90 minutes to go to games. Call them the SoCal Chargers. Make them a regional team ala New England. And if SD fans have their feelings get hurt, too frickin' bad. Go to the beach or where ever SD'ers go when the flaunt how great their city is. You can still follow your team if you are such great fans.

PTR

I've been saying all along that the Chargers should go to L.A. The Chargers started in L.A. back when the AFL was formed! Charger fans can drive 90 minutes to go to games. Call them the SoCal Chargers. Make them a regional team ala New England. And if SD fans have their feelings get hurt, too frickin' bad. Go to the beach or where ever SD'ers go when the flaunt how great their city is. You can still follow your team if you are such great fans.

PTR

How is this different than Toronto?

This is always encouraging. I don't think the next owner can profit anywhere more than Buffalo, with the exception of LA. If there's already a team there, that would limit the next owner's options to what? Toronto? OKC? San Antonio? I guess. Is it worth building a stadium for a billion or whatever dollars not knowing if that city is a football town that wants to support a team long-term? We almost already know that Toronto is NOT that city. The Bills are Buffalo's to lose and if another team moves to LA first, I think that makes it almost impossible for them to leave.

As somebody who actually lives in Los Angeles, I'd say I'd like to see a stadium built where they say in this article as opposed to the City of Industry site they had been talking about for a few years now. And yeah, I'd much rather have an AFC team here, that way I wouldn't have to wait every 8 years to see the Bills come play like I would if it were an NFC team.

PTR

Let's see how great they really are...move em to Mexico. They could experience the same Border pleasures we get when we go to Hoser Land for a "home" game.

The Stadium could be multi-purpose. Football & Bull Fighting!

Let's see how great they really are...move em to Mexico. They could experience the same Border pleasures we get when we go to Hoser Land for a "home" game.

The Stadium could be multi-purpose. Football & Bull Fighting!

Funny you mention bull fighting because there is a bull fighting arena just a few feet from the USA-Mexico border in Tijuana. So they have a stadium but do they allow tailgating? :devil:

PTR

The Bills are not leaving Buffalo.

San Diego Should Not Leave San Diego, even though they rarely sell out, they have been here 50 years.

Viking should stay in Minneapolis.

Jacksonville should move to L.A.

The Rams are the other logical team to move BACK to L.A.

Everyone else should stay where they are.

St Louis is a baseball town anyways.

PTR

Why can't people in LA drive down to San Diego?

If someone actually asked the people of LA, they would probably tell you that they don't want a team.