Lindell needs to be accountable

Lindell is fairly solid for the most part and he got a nice kick to send the Ravens kick into overtime, but it was not a long kick yesterday and he missed it. That same distance lost us a game against the Browns on Monday night and it seems like there have been others where he has had a chance to make a kick to get a win or at least a bit closer and he just doesn't get it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes, once it goes over 40 yards with him, I have always thought it was a 50-50 shot. Incredibly accurate inside 40, but he is below overage 40 - 50. NFL kickers can get a pass over 50 yards, but the difference between an NFL kicker and not is 40 - 50 range.

Also, the show he put on waving his hands at the goalposts really irritated me. He's waving at them like the wind didn't behave as it should but you can see the flags on top pushing to the right, which is exactly where his kick went.

Rian, if the wind is pushing right, you can't kick it to the right and try to draw it back in. You can see the wind is not going to allow that kind of action on the ball. You need to kick it left and let the wind do what it does.

Lindell is fairly solid for the most part and he got a nice kick to send the Ravens kick into overtime, but it was not a long kick yesterday and he missed it. That same distance lost us a game against the Browns on Monday night and it seems like there have been others where he has had a chance to make a kick to get a win or at least a bit closer and he just doesn't get it. Has anyone else noticed this?

Fairly solid? He is one of if not the best kicker the Bills have ever had. Everyone has an off day here or there, let's not run another very good player out of Buffalo.

Fairly solid? He is one of if not the best kicker the Bills have ever had. Everyone has an off day here or there, let's not run another very good player out of Buffalo.

I have to agree with the poster. Lindell has been very solid for the most part. Statistically he is one of the best kickers in Bills history. However, I too have noticed a tendency to miss relatively easy kicks in pressure situations. For the most part during Lindell's tenure, the Bills have been terrible and there has been very little pressure to win games. When the kicks really mean something, he has a tendency to miss fairly easy kicks. Not knocking his in general, just noticing what appears to be a tendency. I think the poster is right on the money. Nailed it right down the middle.

ty

oh wait a minute, i mean LINDELL SUX!!!!!

gotta have somebody to hate and with kelsay having another strong game since going back to DE i gotta find another white guy to pour my transferred hate upon

I have to agree with the poster. Lindell has been very solid for the most part. Statistically he is one of the best kickers in Bills history. However, I too have noticed a tendency to miss relatively easy kicks in pressure situations. For the most part during Lindell's tenure, the Bills have been terrible and there has been very little pressure to win games. When the kicks really mean something, he has a tendency to miss fairly easy kicks. Not knocking his in general, just noticing what appears to be a tendency. I think the poster is right on the money. Nailed it right down the middle.

Not buying that at all. Let's face it Lindell has knocked a lot through at the end of games and with the Bills not being that good they are normally from 40+. I hope that the dumb part of the fan base doesn't get carried away and run another great Bills player out of Buffalo.

I happened to be sitting next to another Bills fans in Baltimore after he kicked that game tying kick. The guy elbows me and says "Lindell is the BEST kicker in the NFL and he never gets the credit he deserves"...he was so adamant about it. I'm like dude, he's ok but you forget how many big kicks he's missed over the last several years. He seems to miss an inordinate number of 4th Qtr kicks (over his Bills career) that could win the game or put it out of reach. He's money in the 1st and 2nd Qtr though. ANother Miss to win the game in KC too. And you say, it was over 50 yards but we've seen other teams' kickers bury the BIlls in our stadium with over 50 yarders.

Bottom line...I like Lindell,,he's good, but he's certainly not money in the bank with the game on the line.

Rian, if the wind is pushing right, you can't kick it to the right and try to draw it back in. You can see the wind is not going to allow that kind of action on the ball. You need to kick it left and let the wind do what it does.

I'm sure Lindell appreciates the messageboard giving him tips on how to do his job...

Lindell is one of (if not the) most accurate kickers in Bills history. When has he had a chance to kick for a win other than the KC game? The kick in KC was 54 yards into a nasty wind. He made it once and nearly twice. I have no problem with Lindell. He's human and will miss now and then - I really don't see the point of your post. I think he is actually one strong point of this team.

Given Lindell's lack of misses over the past few years seeing what many consier to be gimmes the last two weeks does raise an eyebrow, but that's kicking in the NFL. I just hope he's dealing with it OK - if a guy goes into a slump and it gets to his head it gets worse and we can ill afford that.

Let's run him out of Buffalo. Moorman too. When was the last time he put one INSIDE the ten?

Kelsey can stay, for now.

Why the hell not? I see one of the retards here is running Fitzpatrick out of town this morning, too. Run all three out of town, fug it.

Edited by bobblehead

Not buying that at all. Let's face it Lindell has knocked a lot through at the end of games and with the Bills not being that good they are normally from 40+. I hope that the dumb part of the fan base doesn't get carried away and run another great Bills player out of Buffalo.

So because I disagree with you that makes me "dumb"? I have watched Rian Lindell his entire career. I agreed that he has been mostly solid. I also have seen him miss his share of kicks that would have either put games away when the Bills had the lead or put them ahead. I stand by my original statement. If you disagree that's fine, I won't stoop to your level and call you dumb. And I don't think holding a kicker accountable for missing easy kicks is going to run anybody out of town.

Aren't fans great? Player X screws up so he has to be cut from the team even though he may be one of our most consistent performers. And of course the opposite is true: Player Y has a great game and all of a sudden he's "franchise". I can predict these posts after every game.

PTR