When can we seen Brian Brohm?

OK, you've won me over to your way of thinking. Let's not draft Andrew Luck if he's available.

If we had just been patient with Art Schlichter and let him play instead of signing that Kelly guy we might have won those 4 Super Bowls, Artie would have never gone back to gambling and the world would be a better place. After all, Schlichter was the 4th pick in the entire draft 4 years earlier, we stole him, but never gave him a chance to play. It would be an absolute shame for the Bills to make the same mistake with Brohm by drafting Luck and having him turn into the next Jim Kelly, while sending poor Brian Brohm to arenaball without ever giving him a chance. All to sell a few extra tickets by marketing Luck.

The Bills ruined poor Art Schlichter's life, don't let them do the same to poor Brian Brohm.

Yes. I have had these same thoughts. Artimus Schlichter had ALL the tools. So does Brian Brohm. I say bench Fitz! Just because he uses the receivers, moves the chains, takes the hits running for his life AND the first down marker (sometimes during the same play), and is the best player on the team, doesn't mean we should keep a guy with the potential of BRIAN BROHM on the bench.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh GREAT point he beat him out for first loser- your right.

No, you're wrong - Levi Brown beat out Edwards for 'first loser'.

Other than nicknaming him "No TD", where do you see any stats in the post? Then you call me a jerk? Maybe you're the jerk with the reading comprehension problem.

No, I believe APV had it right - you're a jerk.

Edited by The Senator

Here is my problem, I would like to jump on the Andrew Luck BANDWAGON but I still need to see Brohm for 1 complete game (not a series)

If that doesn't happen this year,then I stick with the Quarterbacks we have. I realize this will piss a few of you off but we are most likely talking about the #1 overall pick in the draft and the uncertainy is the issue.

Don't even think about posting past stats in Green Bay, that was years ago!

I want to see Brohm soon and for a complete game.

Not sold on Fitzpatrick quite yet, but there is still time. You can see the problem, one pretty good QB in Fitzpatrick and one unknown!

If the Bills don't draft a QB I assume Buddy Nix will say WE STILL HAVE BRIAN Brohm, and we like him!

Then I will be pissed! Don't be mad at me, I need all the facts before draft day 2011.

Don't worry about it, it's only a matter of time b4 Fitz goes down due to a missed assignment. He'll miss 1-2 games and we'll see what Brohm's got.

Here is my problem, I would like to jump on the Andrew Luck BANDWAGON but I still need to see Brohm for 1 complete game (not a series)

If that doesn't happen this year,then I stick with the Quarterbacks we have. I realize this will piss a few of you off but we are most likely talking about the #1 overall pick in the draft and the uncertainy is the issue.

Don't even think about posting past stats in Green Bay, that was years ago!

I want to see Brohm soon and for a complete game.

Not sold on Fitzpatrick quite yet, but there is still time. You can see the problem, one pretty good QB in Fitzpatrick and one unknown!

If the Bills don't draft a QB I assume Buddy Nix will say WE STILL HAVE BRIAN Brohm, and we like him!

Then I will be pissed! Don't be mad at me, I need all the facts before draft day 2011.

You need all the facts? You need a clue. "Ok hold on guys a fan needs all the facts before he can get on the Luck bandwagon so we're going with Brohm." Screw the crucial cohesion we are tying to desperately find for this team, and that we've been able to finally find with Fitz. For the first time in 5-6 years we are able to evaluate our O line, our receivers, the coaches are able to do some things, AND YOU WANT TO SEE BROHM TO QUENCH YOUR CURIOSITY?

Edited by Buffalonian-at-Heart

Yes. I have had these same thoughts. Artimus Schlichter had ALL the tools. So does Brian Brohm. I say bench Fitz! Just because he uses the receivers, moves the chains, takes the hits running for his life AND the first down marker (sometimes during the same play), and is the best player on the team, doesn't mean we should keep a guy with the potential of BRIAN BROHM on the bench.

Mathews' Bag is dead on, Let's just bench one of the only guys that is killing himself week in and out, so "we can see what we got." Genius!

Replying to When can we seen Brian Brohm? Can he play defense? If not we probably won't see him barring an injury and really shouldn't. Fitz has been making some mistakes, but he still has been playing much better than Brohm will ever play. If we draft a QB high in the draft next year, Brohm won't be around in 2011, unless Fitz doesn't wanna stay as the eventual backup to a rookie.

Replying to When can we seen Brian Brohm? Can he play defense? If not we probably won't see him barring an injury and really shouldn't. Fitz has been making some mistakes, but he still has been playing much better than Brohm will ever play. If we draft a QB high in the draft next year, Brohm won't be around in 2011, unless Fitz doesn't wanna stay as the eventual backup to a rookie.

Truer words were never stated - providing Brohm never plays another down. Otherwise, no one has a freaking clue how well or how poorly Brohm might play.

(Brohm's an RFA in 2011. I expect him to be around especially if we draft a QB high in the draft - Levi Brown would be odd-man out, as the Bills won't groom a rookie QB to be their future starter and keep Brown.)

Edited by The Senator

The coaches see Brohm in practice all the time.... You have some insight that they don't? Would Brohm magically play lights out football when inserted into a game? Maybe they should put Brohm in to start against the Steelers. If he leads us to a win, no need to worry about Luck or another top ranked qb lol.

There are players that don't practice well but come alive on gameday. There also players like TE that practice well but struggle on Game day

If the defense cant stop other teams its a mute point whos in a qb

The original post has nothing to do with the defense. But anyway, if the the offense can't score the Bills are still gonna lose. And if the offense can't score it's unbearable to watch the games. And if the offense can't get first-downs, the defense is gonna be on the field all game long. And defenses that stay on the field all game long start to suck.

And why don't you start a post and title it:

"If the defense cant stop other teams its a mute point whos in a qb"

There are players that don't practice well but come alive on gameday. There also players like TE that practice well but struggle on Game day

Pfffft!

Get real man! When you are trying to win the starting job, IT"S GAME TIME! It's your career on the line. It's showtime! You have to perform your best , the pressure is on. If you can't do it then, you can't do it. That's the way it is in High School, College , or the NFL.

Sure, there are guys that AFTER THEY WIN THE JOB might lay back in practice. Some get much sharper when the have more pressure. But pressure is all relative, and he has been under PLENTY of pressure to motivate him, or tap into his "highest instinctual abilities" or whatever capability level you think he can only reach on gameday. It's ridiculous.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Yup. I saw the game against Atlanta last season and watched a few preseasons too. Nothing there too impress any coaches IMO.

What particular series of plays lead you to believe he is the second coming?

In all fairness to Brohm, he was given a very stripped down play book from the Jauron era offense. Pretty hard to evaluate a QB from that. I would like to see him play a bit as well.

Yet while Fitz's scatter shot arm and mechanics drive me crazy, he does appear to have pretty good command of the offense and has shown a strong ability to be able to prepare for and read a defense. The only real exception to this was against the Jets, in which he looked like Edwards throughout the game. In his other 5 starts, only his somewhat frequent errant throws cost him and the Bills. Sadly, some of those were huge.