Robert Quinn - DE North Carolina

PIZ

Take a few minutes, go on youtube, and compare Robert Quinn with Nick Fairley DE Auburn.

Nick Fairley is a monster much the way that Bruce Smith was once upon a time. He may look like a DT, but he plays like a DE. Mark it down, this kid is going to be the first defensive player off the board.

You can have Luck, give me...

...Nick Fairley

...the "head case" LT from miami who will fall into the 2nd

...a solid inside linebacker in the 3rd

...hopefully Merriman is good and the Bills can strike a deal with him

Bills would have a good team that's playoff ready, baby.

Yes

Quinn will probably light it up at the combine and not be available in the 2nd round.

You are right some team is likely going to look past the off the field issues and draft him at the end of the first.

However a guy that has spent the last 6 months leading up to the draft sitting around and watching football like me is not really a guy you want to take with your once every 20 years, Top 3 Pick in the NFL draft.

You need to take a less riskiy option.

There are a ton of beastly D-Line man in this year's draft.

Marcell Dareus

Da'Quan Bowers

Akeem Ayers

Adrian Clayborn

Nick Fairley

All of the above players have a lot less isuues than Quinn.

If by some stroke of Luck, Quinn is there in the second then you draft him. Taking him in the #3 draft pick is the kind of risk this franchise can't risk.

Mallet is going to light up the combine too, as the draft approaches if he declares your going to see his name shoot straight to the top just like Sam Bradford last year, and Mallet is arguably regarded as a pro prospect with a higher ceiling than Sam Bradford.

He's 6'5 - 270 and holds the record at UNC with a power clean lift of 374lbs, but just because he's ALSO fast (broke Julius Pepper's lineman record in the 40 with 4.38) he's obviously just like "somebody we already have"?

But can he play football? There are lots of workout warriors...cough, Aaron Maybin who look great running in shorts in the gym and training with weights.

You are right some team is likely going to look past the off the field issues and draft him at the end of the first.

However a guy that has spent the last 6 months leading up to the draft sitting around and watching football like me is not really a guy you want to take with your once every 20 years, Top 3 Pick in the NFL draft.

Marcell Dareus

Da'Quan Bowers

Akeem Ayers

Adrian Clayborn

Nick Fairley

If by some stroke of Luck, Quinn is there in the second then you draft him. Taking him in the #3 draft pick is the kind of risk this franchise can't risk.

Mallet is going to light up the combine too, as the draft approaches if he declares your going to see his name shoot straight to the top just like Sam Bradford last year, and Mallet is arguably regarded as a pro prospect with a higher ceiling than Sam Bradford.

Quinn would be good, but I'd rather see us take Dareus first, and follow that up with Von Miller as the 2nd round pick. Did anyone see Texas A&M and Oklahoma this past week? I have watched Miller play quite a bit and he can apply great pressure on the QB and he is not a 1 year wonder. He led the nation in sacks last year, but was slowed by injuries earlier this year.

Take a few minutes, go on youtube, and compare Robert Quinn with Nick Fairley DE Auburn.

Nick Fairley is a monster much the way that Bruce Smith was once upon a time. He may look like a DT, but he plays like a DE. Mark it down, this kid is going to be the first defensive player off the board.

You can have Luck, give me...

...Nick Fairley

...the "head case" LT from miami who will fall into the 2nd

...a solid inside linebacker in the 3rd

...hopefully Merriman is good and the Bills can strike a deal with him

Bills would have a good team that's playoff ready, baby.

Eeesh. Really? So we're two rookies on Def. and a "headcase" LT away from the playoffs. I wish you were right, but I don't see it happening this fast.

Ok, you obviously are talking out of your ass. I am an avid Tarheel football fan and haven't missed watching a game in years, and this kid is the real deal. First, he doesn't just have great speed, but he has great size and height at 6'5 270lbs. Not only does he have strength, size and speed he has good moves, he has a good ability to dip below tackles blocks.

I remember a couple years ago I wrote thread about Hakeem Nicks and how he was going to be the best WR out of that years draft and look at the kid. Quinn is going to be a beast, and if Luck isn't available then I would be very happy if we were to select him.

He's not going to drop to the second. No chance in hell, I'd be surprised if he makes it out of the top 10.

I saw Quinn play in about 3 games..against BC, GT, and i forget who else..he was pretty impressive, i'll admit..has GREAT size..but to take Quinn, after really only 1 productive season in college, and now an entire season out, in the top 10 would be an absolute reach. I'd gladly take a flyer on him if he's there with our first pick in the 2nd round. There are several pretty good DL coming out this year, and Quinn could very well be there at 33-38.

Quinn would be good, but I'd rather see us take Dareus first, and follow that up with Von Miller as the 2nd round pick. Did anyone see Texas A&M and Oklahoma this past week? I have watched Miller play quite a bit and he can apply great pressure on the QB and he is not a 1 year wonder. He led the nation in sacks last year, but was slowed by injuries earlier this year.

von miller is a BEAST!!..but there's very little chance he's there in the 2nd round. He may not make it past 15 at this rate.

This guy reminds me of Bruce Smith. The Bills needs Defense first, in my opinion. I want a chance at the playoffs next year, and Luck wouldn't do that. Why was Robert Quinn suspended?

Robert Quinn highlights

I LIKEY!! :thumbsup:

Any word on where this guy is projected to go?

I would say that he reminds me more of Reggie White or Dwight Freeney more so than the great B. Smith. Bruce beat players with that incredible 1st step and counter moves. Reggie and Dwight are awesome using angles and the other player to obtain a release and get into the backfield. Quinn does not seem to have that Bruce Smith cat-like 1st step.

Which is not a knock by any means. He gets there!

I would love it if we could get a guy like this in the 2nd, after getting maybe a Luck in the 1st.

Or not. As long as he came to town and performed like that, I say just get him!

Marcell Dareus

Da'Quan Bowers

Akeem Ayers

Adrian Clayborn

Nick Fairley

Watching highlights, and looking at your list, I would rate them as:

1.) Marcell Dareus- monster.

2.) Nick Fairley- A Kyle Williams clone. Scary. Penetrating interior D-lineman.

3.) Adrian Clayborn- solid, point-of-attack type of DE.

4.) Da'Quan Bowers- so-so.

5.) Akeem Ayers- This guy spends as much time standing up as he does in a 3 point stance. Seems a bit light, too. More OLB than DE.

But if NC's Quinn is available in Round 2, I'd certainly take him there.

I LIKEY!! :thumbsup:

Any word on where this guy is projected to go?

I would say that he reminds me more of Reggie White or Dwight Freeney more so than the great B. Smith. Bruce beat players with that incredible 1st step and counter moves. Reggie and Dwight are awesome using angles and the other player to obtain a release and get into the backfield. Quinn does not seem to have that Bruce Smith cat-like 1st step.

Which is not a knock by any means. He gets there!

I would love it if we could get a guy like this in the 2nd, after getting maybe a Luck in the 1st.

Or not. As long as he came to town and performed like that, I say just get him!

Quinn was a top five pick in EVERY experts mind coming into this season. The suspension hurts his stock because CFS didnt give him a shot to break the UNC sack record? I dont really get it. IMHO, all the talented players are getting compensated, nothing has changed since Reggie Bush's days. It doesnt sound like the guy has real character issues. 3 time heavyweight Highschool wrestling champ that worked at BurgerKing. He was recruited by Auburn, Alabama, and UNC, he took their money. He survived and overcame a brain tumor in highschool. I dont think the guy makes it to the second round, he's fighter with good character.

I would love to see Quinn, Dareus, Bowers, Clayborn, Ayers or Fairley wearing Buffalo Bills Jerseys. Real deep DL class this year. Praying we get Andrew Luck plus one of those guys in the top of the second.

Watching highlights, and looking at your list, I would rate them as:

1.) Marcell Dareus- monster.

2.) Nick Fairley- A Kyle Williams clone. Scary. Penetrating interior D-lineman.

3.) Adrian Clayborn- solid, point-of-attack type of DE.

4.) Da'Quan Bowers- so-so.

5.) Akeem Ayers- This guy spends as much time standing up as he does in a 3 point stance. Seems a bit light, too. More OLB than DE.

But if NC's Quinn is available in Round 2, I'd certainly take him there.

Looking at the youtube clips, Kyle Williams does not have the agility and athleticism that Fairley possesses. He looks more like a Bruce Smith, Reggie White clone at DE or a Warren Sapp clone at DT. He's got the longer legs to rip it up at DE in the NFL.

No. He's like somebody we already have because people want to reach for him based on one productive year at college. He's fast, but he doesn't have any other moves besides a speed rush. The potential is there. I'm not debating that. But is he worth a top 3 pick after having not been able to play football this season. That answer is no. However, he may end up being a Pro Bowl DE for years to come. We're not in the position to be making a gamble like that with such a high pick.

Looks like speed rush is not his only move. Notice the way he gets low and pushes his way around the outside of the Tackle? Maybin was unsually untouched on his speed rush.

Obviously the Va tech Tackle will never forget that game, but if the guy is really 270 and can run a 4.38, he could be a monster in the NFL.

Here is another link. Serious athletic play on the screen break up, shows bull rush too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqJrjwjf55c