Luck and the Stanford v Ari game

95altima12

I am not trying to nit pick I am dead set on drafting Luck if he comes out but I don't watch many college games but I did DRV this Sat game just to watch the kid... He looked good... great... but even my gf mentioned that a few passes seemed to wooble a bit... Just wanted to get others who watched the game thoughts.

I know what you are talking about, I kinda noticed the same thing. When flipping back and forth between the Stanford game and the Arkansas game, it's clear that Mallett has a better arm. Luck's passes were wobbly, almost as if there was too much touch on the ball.

However, even though Mallett has been my personal choice (barely), I think we might be better served with Luck who can scramble when needed, given our offensive line.

I'd honestly be very happy if we landed either one.

Edited by DrDankenstein

Oh he sucks.

We should definitely lose out all next season so we can draft Oregon's Darron Thomas - he's the real deal! :rolleyes:

No one is saying Luck sucks. He's still the top prospect. But I also noticed what the OP saw. Not that worried about it, but it was there.

No one is saying Luck sucks. He's still the top prospect. But I also noticed what the OP saw. Not that worried about it, but it was there.

I'm not saying he sucks either - just being a little sarcastic at what you must surely recognize as a constant TSW fickleness regarding the latest 'greatest' QB prospect (after prospect, after prospect...)

I'd be ecstatic with Mallett, and hope Luck stays at Stanford (and expect he will) so we don't even have to make a choice between the two.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

It's gonna be 'heaven' in 2011!!!!! :thumbsup:

I am not trying to nit pick I am dead set on drafting Luck if he comes out but I don't watch many college games but I did DRV this Sat game just to watch the kid... He looked good... great... but even my gf mentioned that a few passes seemed to wooble a bit... Just wanted to get others who watched the game thoughts.

Really? Your "gf" pointed this out to you and now your having some second thoughts?

Hmmmmmmm....wait a minute..

Do you know her exact whereabouts on draft day for the past 4 or 5 years?

Oh he sucks.

We should definitely lose out all next season so we can draft Oregon's Darron Thomas - he's the real deal! :rolleyes:

LOL good ol TSW humor! :beer:

Really? Your "gf" pointed this out to you and now your having some second thoughts?

Hmmmmmmm....wait a minute..

Do you know her exact whereabouts on draft day for the past 4 or 5 years?

Ah What? sorry I'm confused... Are you joking that she might have been in on the past years draft picks? cuz no even she wouldn't have drafted lil Donte that high.

But ya I was saying even she... someone that is not a huge football fan pointed it out so I guess i wasn't being too picky.

I saw about 15 plays and luck seemed to have great pocket presence but most if not all passes complete were less than 10 yards and many in the flat. Reminded me of another Stanford qb. Can someone confirm the guy can sling it downfield and I don't mean just an occasional rainbow over the top but the deep post and out as well. Mallet has lesser footwork and presence but is terrorizing the d with the deep ball every other play. I.want to get on the luck bandwagon but am concerned he is captain checksown v. 2.

Do a little more research than watching 15 plays. Pretty much any scouting report you can find on the kid has universal praise for his arm strength. He can make NFL throws. And he's dead-on-balls accurate. Captain Checkdown he is not.

Luck's minor footwork issues are really his only problem and will be easily corrected by an NFL coaching staff.

I am leary of Luck, because he is playing in a pro set offense in college. His current coach Jim Harbaugh was a decent NFL quarterback when well coached, and I think he is coaching Luck well. That can magnify ability and minimize real skills in the college game. Also, the last quarterback from Stanford that was supposed to be great is nursing injuries in Jacksonville. What was his name, came highly recommended by a Hall of Fame NFL coach.

Peyton Manning also throws a lot of "wobbly" passes. Just sayin'.

I am leary of Luck, because he is playing in a pro set offense in college. His current coach Jim Harbaugh was a decent NFL quarterback when well coached, and I think he is coaching Luck well. That can magnify ability and minimize real skills in the college game. Also, the last quarterback from Stanford that was supposed to be great is nursing injuries in Jacksonville. What was his name, came highly recommended by a Hall of Fame NFL coach.

Who coached that team, what was their record & how many games did their QB miss due to injury? How about the last Stanford QB who ended up being the top pick in the draft, went to multiple Super Bowls & won his last 2. Or the prior Stanford QB who went #1 & won 2 Super Bowls. Comparing a potential top pick in the draft to a late 3rd rounder because they played the same position at the same college is beyond stupid.