A Solution to the Spiller Problem

Hell that's not a bad idea at all, seeing as how we can't run the ball for sh--. He was wide open deep last week if Fitz would've gave him a chance to catch it...woulda been a game winner.

Actually our run average is where you wnat it to be... the fact we have to play down every game limits the amount of carries....sooooo no

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about spiller is there have been a few times where he got into space one on one with a corner or OLB and he can't produce the move to avoid the tackle.

I wonder if it is a confidence or game speed adjustment issue or something more concerning.

You're not an idiot.

However there is a word for someone that continually enjoys rubbing people's noses in their optimism for their favorite team. What is wrong with having optimism about your team? Nothing. What's wrong if that optimism wraps itself in denial, even? Nothing. What's wrong with having a parade even though there's little reason to have one in the first place? Nothing. It's all part of the slings and arrows of being a fan.

But there's a lot that's wrong with someone that so thoroughly enjoys pissing on parades. Yeah, there is a word for people like that. Several words in fact.

The people who have unbridled optimism around here stand a chance of having that optimism rewarded at some point in the future. May take awhile. May take forever. But there's a chance.

Whereas someone who so thoroughly enjoys peeing on parades has little chance of being anything but someone who enjoys peeing on parades.

Congratulations.

GO BILLS!!!

See above.

GO BILLS!!!

Most discussions on this board pits pessimists against optimists. There are a rare few enjoyable posts that are pure analysis.

Spiller = Reggie Bush who also had a slow rookie season

Good comparison. Bush has never been a feature back and generally considered a disappointment considering his draft position.

Once again, the Bills made a luxury pick instead of investing in building the OL and front 7. Doing so year after year is the reason why they are the worst team in football.

You said, "Blind optimism, as you put it, is what leads Ralph Wilson to sell our home games and their competitive advantage for cash money."

That implies that RW was lead by his blind optimism to sell the games to Toronto. I maintain RW's optimism had nothing to do with selling the games.

What I said means this:

Because Bills fans are blindly optimistic and are blindly loyal, Ralph Wilson can feel comfortable enough to sell his team's competitive advantage in meaningful regular season games for a suitcase filled with cash.

Few other owners in the NFL have their fans so brainwashed that they wouldn't immediately be run out of town on a rail should they pull a clown maneuver like that.

But Bills fans will happily swallow down just about anything because they are scared that their team will be taken away from them if they make any waves.

Edited by akm0404

Some of you older guys might remember Lenny Moore of the Baltimore Colts..... Move him around, split him out wide, sometimes in the slot, sometimes in the backfield, sometimes in motion; take advantage of his speed and who is going to cover him and where. We just have to utilize his 3.8 or thereabouts speed.

Oh my god, I saw the same observation in 1969 when Larry Felser said O.J. should be switched to WR.

Well, OJ went on to become the leagues best RB.

I don't recall Felser making this suggestion, but I do recall the infamous genius John Rauch suggesting this and wanting to use OJ at WR and as a decoy. Number 1 draft pick overall, and he wanted to use OJ as a decoy?

Edited by Spiderweb