The punt that bounced. Sums up life as a Bills fan.

I was at a spot here in St. Louis with a bunch of Backers, and we had hope when the defense held. But then that punt bounced to the 1 yard line, and somebody said, "That bounce is a perfect example of life as a Bills fan."

I don't know how something destined to happen takes a complete turn for the worst possible scenario.

There are about a dozen things that could've gone the other way today. I am beating a dead horse here.

Exactly right. We weren't going to score the game-tying field goal (and God knows we weren't going to score a game-winning TD), but the sports gods had to go and make it worse with that bounce. When that happened, it was the first time I vented all year long. Just kicking us when we are down.

I was at a spot here in St. Louis with a bunch of Backers, and we had hope when the defense held. But then that punt bounced to the 1 yard line, and somebody said, "That bounce is a perfect example of life as a Bills fan."

I don't know how something destined to happen takes a complete turn for the worst possible scenario.

There are about a dozen things that could've gone the other way today. I am beating a dead horse here.

Ha - same thing at the bar here. Almost word for word.

I mean how many strange things can happen in this descent? Lindell's first missed extra point ever? That punt? Ftiz's lack of accuracy today? And that's just today, and just a few examples. Over the years the trend is uncanny...

What I thought was funny was the replay view of the challenge.Ithink it was from the blimp.Buffs catch on the sideline had enhanced circle around parrish hand out of bounds.

I thought it was the missed extra point. In a tight game, Lindell misses the first extra point of his career. That one point is what lost the game.

Think about it... if we make that, it's tied 14-14. Our next score, we don't need the 2pt conversion; so they get the extra point and its 14-21. Then when the Bears score, they don't go for the 2pts, so it's tied 21-21. I knew as soon as he missed that point that it would cost us the game and it did. (Granted we would have probably lost in OT anyway, but still...)

I feel like im in the "Buffalo Wild Wings" commercial where the field guy sets off the sprinklers to sabotage the other team (bills in this case) and send the game into overtime :wallbash:

Edited by DUFF

That was me Tom, I said it.

Most games in the NFL come down to one or two plays. Today, I think the blocked extra point was the killer. It was a 21-21 game without that play. We may have found another way to lose but things like that should not happen.

Good teams have players that make big plays. Today, the biggest miss was Bryan Scott's dropped INT. We could have gone up by 12 or 13 with that play.

The biggest talent difference between the teams is the defensive front 7. They have some studs; we we have Kyle Williams and thats about it.

Bottom line -- we need better players.

Exactly what I was saying. A mixture of stupid mental and physical mistakes and heart breaking, freakish bounces always come together to create a new way for the Bills to lose.

This has nothing to do with stupid mental & physical mistakes. It's the D*MN curse man! How do we get it lifted?

Funny thing is, if it wasn't the punt it would have been something else. No matter what, something would have gone wrong. Kicker is, if the game would have been reversed and the Bills were punting in that situation, the ball would have bounced 15-20 yards in the opposite direction and the Bears, or any other team would have had the ball around the 40 instead of the 1.