I think Cinci beats NE.

ICE

I think Cinci is on the rise. Palmer (After almost a year of development ON THE FIELD)  is playing much better.

NE is prime for an upset. I think Cinci goes balls to the wall and comes at Brady with everything they have.

Hell Pitt beat the hell out of NE. Cinci damn near beat Pitt. In fact gave them the best fight so far this year.

I say upset.

153372[/snapback]

I definitely like the Bengals +11, I also like the Bucs +5. As far as beating the Pats at home, ehhhhhhhhhhh.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can? Then what's your excuse for Week 8's results?

Try again, troll...

154211[/snapback]

So you're telling me you'd be confident enough to wager money on a ROOKIE QB in the playoffs against a battle tested veteran team that would be completely HEALTHY?

It IS possible to come back and beat a team thats beaten you. For I seem to harken back to 2003 when a young upstart team the Buffalo Bills laid a shellacking on the Patriots in Week 1 and yet by Week 17, fortunes had turned and the shellacking was paid back in full.

Funny world we live in huh?

Guest NASTYNATI
I think Cinci is on the rise. Palmer (After almost a year of development ON THE FIELD)  is playing much better.

NE is prime for an upset. I think Cinci goes balls to the wall and comes at Brady with everything they have.

Hell Pitt beat the hell out of NE. Cinci damn near beat Pitt. In fact gave them the best fight so far this year.

I say upset.

153372[/snapback]

couldnt have said it better myself! this game will be a battle of field position! cincinnati's defense will show up this game count on that. they have something to prove to "leon"(corey dillon). after his comments,laughs when asked if he were worried about this game is reason enough for them to want to end his career!

Interesting that ICE once again brings up the "on the field" development, particularly in the case of Palmer.

Guess he missed the Inside the NFL interveiw where Palmer talked about how important sitting behind Kitna last year was to his current success. Maybe it really isn't so bad that JP is sitting and learning behind Bledsoe...

So you're telling me you'd be confident enough to wager money on a ROOKIE QB in the playoffs against a battle tested veteran team that would be completely HEALTHY?   

It IS possible to come back and beat a team thats beaten you.  For I seem to harken back to 2003 when a young upstart team the Buffalo Bills laid a shellacking on the Patriots in Week 1 and yet by Week 17, fortunes had turned and the shellacking was paid back in full.     

Funny world we live in huh?

154970[/snapback]

With all due respect, do you wait around JUST to comment about the Pats being much better then the Bills?? is this your 'goal'???

I think we get the picture about that!!!!

Again not trying to be a piece of stevestojan about it, but IMO its getting old, NE is in another class then Buffalo, we know this already, next story please!!!

B'gals are something like +15 on to's and first or second in points off of to's.

To HC Lewis' credit, they do not give up on the running game regardless of the score. Rudi Johnson is pretty much a between-the-tackles runner, and back up Washington cast-off Kenny Johnson has good hands and blocking abilities. 2nd year FB Jeremi Johnson is in on most downs.  B'gals do not run many 3 or 4 wr sets - they like the run, need to protect Palmer, and after WR's Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh, they have nothing on the bench.

Palmer had a good game in the 24 point 4th quarter comeback against the Ravens. AFC Player of the Week.  TE production is about the same as the Bills - they tend to keep 'em in to protect Palmer, and Palmer doesn't have the experience to be able to pick them up for safety-valve passes, anyway. Last year, Kitna completed 68 passes to them (Matt Schoebel - Aaron's brother - , Reggie Kelly, and Tony Stewart)

The OL plays well - FA guard Bobbie Moore does well, and G Steinback is ok in pass protection and excels in downfield run blocking. Tackles Levi Jones and Willie Anderson are fine. C Rich Brabham makes good line calls, and back-up Jerry Fontenot can play all 3 positions.

To my utter surprise, the DB's have played well. Tory James leads the league in int's, FA acquisition Delthea O'Neal is playing well, and rookie Madeiu Williams plays FS and CB, and is a ballhawk and is always around the ball, run or pass.

Rookie Landon Johnson is playing well at MLB in place of injured rookie Caleb Miller, who was starting in place of FA acquisition Nate Webster, out on IR after week 1.  The DL has improved, and the LB play from Brian Simmons and Kevin Hardy is pretty good. They both cover a lot of ground and are not bad in pass coverage.  The B'gals normally do not blitz a lot.

K Shayne Graham is doing well.  Waiver wire pick-up P Kyle Richardson has been a pleasant surprise. ST's are middle-of the pack.

But it's hard for me to think that they'll knock off NE away...

153562[/snapback]

It's Kenny Watson (Not Johnson) and Bobby Williams (Not Moore).

When we are losing, the run is usually abandoned. Thus the reason why Carson has 408 passing attempts (4th most in NFL).

Kelly Washington is our #3 WR, and is a very good WR on the bench. It's a shame we don't have Peter Warrick this season :P

Deltha O'neal has turned his career around in Cinci, he has been excellent.

We have been blitzing like crazy this year.

Our punter is Kyle Larson (Not Richardson), and averages 42.5 yards per kick. He was an undrafted free agent, and has been excellent.

Shayne Graham is money (kickoffs are a little short though). Special teams are top 10 IMO.

But it's nice to know that some people other than Bengal fans think we may upset NE.

I hope we go into Dec. 19th with both of us at 7-6, it would be one hell of a game considering if we want playoffs we more than likely need to go 10-6. And playing in Cinci will be very tough :P

Ty Law comes back this week :( Cincy is playing pretty good. They might make it a challenge for the Pats. But, Corey Dillon must be licking his chops to just run over the team that gave him grief. It wont be easy for both teams. But, NE will win. EDGE COREY DILLON.

154348[/snapback]

Ty Law is out this week.

A Cincinnati win is not my prediction, but I don't think it's anywhere near impossible. A number of reasons have been cited already, Palmer's coming of age, the ability of the Cincinnati defense to pressure the QB among others. There is also the possible distraction value of Notre Dame's interest in Charlie Weis. That's probably no begger deal for NE than it seems to be for the Bills and Clements, but you never know.

I'm rooting for Cincinnati. Buffalo has to win out, and Cincinnati is Buffalo's next game after Cleveland. I don't think a Cincinnati win against the Patriots would make them any more difficult to beat next week, and if we beat them, they are eliminated. A NE loss works in Buffalo's favor by possibly making Pittsburgh's final game against Buffalo unnecessary for them. They could conceivably wrap up home field throughout without a win against Buffalo if NE loses a game over the next three weeks. The Cincinnati game is as good a place as any to start.

Guest NASTYNATI
I'm rooting for Cincinnati.  Buffalo has to win out, and Cincinnati is Buffalo's next game after Cleveland.  I don't think a Cincinnati win against the Patriots would make them any more difficult to beat next week, and if we beat them, they are eliminated.  A NE loss works in Buffalo's favor by possibly making Pittsburgh's final game against Buffalo unnecessary for them.  They could conceivably wrap up home field throughout without a win against Buffalo if NE loses a game over the next three weeks.  The Cincinnati game is as good a place as any to start.

155769[/snapback]

while im glad that you are rooting for cincy, im not sure where your thinking that a cincy win/ne loss will aid the bills in any way?!?! it just makes the bengals one game closer to the playoffs and giving them a sh-- load of confidence going back to PBS to take on the bills!

Every week an upset of the Patsies or at least a close game is predicted and every week they roll...they won't be beaten until maybe the playoffs where anything and everything seems to happen. I hope the Gals lose and Tom Brady gets hurt...nothing career threatening just season ending :(

Guest Guest_dan_*

While I agree with the "on any given Sunday" senerio,in the case of the Patriots they have not been suseptable to these "trap" games.

You don't win 26 out of 27 by accident. It's by respecting every team good and bad and focusing on one game at a time. Teams that look ahead often stumble on the way.

You don't win 33 games in a row after leading into the 4th qtr. by relaxing and taking leads for granted (see Seahawks)you do it by respecting your competition. That's why Belichick in his press conferences speaks of every team like they're the defending champs. For the most part the players buy into this because frankly how can you argue with the results?

Peace and Happy Holidays!

I think there will be an upset in the makings this weekend.

153356[/snapback]

With all due respect, do you wait around JUST to comment about the Pats being much better then the Bills??  is this your 'goal'???

I think we get the picture about that!!!!

Again not trying to be a piece of stevestojan about it, but IMO its getting old, NE is in another class then Buffalo, we know this already, next story please!!!

155537[/snapback]

After 1775 posts on a fan message board of a team he doesnt like, really dont think theres a logical explanation other than what you just put up here.

After 1775 posts on a fan message board of a team he doesnt like, really dont think theres a logical explanation other than what you just put up here.

155957[/snapback]

I have THAT many posts? Wow. Thats a compliment to the quality of this board and the quality of posters on it. (Most of them anyways)

the ability of the Cincinnati defense to pressure the QB among others.

The problem with this is that the only way they seem to be able to get to the QB is by routinely sending 5-6 or sometimes even 7 guys. This defensive design has led to disaster against averybody who has used it against the Pats. The only times I've seen anybody slow down the very efficient NE offense is by leaving 3-4 'backers in the short zones, playing more nickel than normal and/or dropping guys into a wide variety of mixed coverage schemes.

If the Bengals come out sending extra rushers at Brady, the Pats O will tear them to pieces.

Cya