I think Cinci beats NE.

ICE

Honestly, if you look at Pittsburgh though, they are doing precisely what New England is doing: they're just winning.

I think a cold-weather team like Pitt could go toe-to-toe with the Pats in Foxboro.  Though we might not be having this discussion if your boys didn't get a nice handjob from the refs in a certain Oakland game.

157837[/snapback]

:o

:D

Three years ago? :lol:

BITTER BEER FACE!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say there Foxboro Mike. You can bet on football every week. How have your bets on Drew been lately? I'd say you're taking the pipe...

And as far as playoffs go Bledsoe won his last one. Remember Pittsburgh?

Oh, and he's 4-3 lifetime in the playoffs.

Now if you're just waiting for a NE/Buff game to bet, well then you might have something.

Say there Foxboro Mike.  You can bet on football every week. How have your bets on Drew been lately?  I'd say you're taking the pipe...

And as far as playoffs go Bledsoe won his last one.  Remember Pittsburgh?

Now if you're just waiting for a NE/Buff game to bet, well then you might have something.

158274[/snapback]

sorry forgot to register

Say there Foxboro Mike.  You can bet on football every week. How have your bets on Drew been lately?  I'd say you're taking the pipe...

158274[/snapback]

Werent the Pats already winning the game in Pittsburgh before Bledsoe came into that game? His backwards over the head pass was something of marvel wasnt it?

158274[/snapback]

Hey, I can call a spade a spade: Drew's play hasn't killed his team (the MM/Wyche blueprint), and he's played pretty well since his Leaf-ian performance at Foxboro. ;)

As a matter of fact, early on in this thread, I told ICE that if he felt really strongly about the Bengals winning at Foxboro, he should have bet the spread (-11) AND the moneyline (probably +250 or so).

Hey, I can call a spade a spade:  Drew's play hasn't killed his team (the MM/Wyche blueprint), and he's played pretty well since his Leaf-ian performance at Foxboro.  ;)

As a matter of fact, early on in this thread, I told ICE that if he felt really strongly about the Bengals winning at Foxboro, he should have bet the spread (-11) AND the moneyline (probably +250 or so).

158747[/snapback]

I took the 11. Had to do it. And gave up the 11 1/2 with Buffalo. A profitable day of betting, I must say.

Just like Atowain Smith was a big contributor to a successful team right??

So CD=AS???  It's not the RB it's the offensive system.  Ron Dayne could look good in NEs offense, which will be different next year.  Bye CW!!!  ;)

157546[/snapback]

No way. This is not to disparage Weis in any way (who I like a great deal), but Corey Dillon is by far a superior back when compared with Antowain Smith.

The Patriots spent the entire 2002 season trying to run just one successful toss sweep to Smith. They failed in that endeavor. Dillon's ability to run both inside and out has been enormous for New England this year, especially when running out the clock while playing with a lead.

Antowain Smith is a solid inside runner who does not put the ball on the ground and can block a little, but he has no speed. The most brilliant offensive coordinator on the earth would not change this fact.

Werent the Pats already winning the game in Pittsburgh before Bledsoe came into that game?    His backwards over the head pass was something of marvel wasnt it?

158436[/snapback]

Same old crap from Pats fans on the AFC championship game Drew won to get you in.

Here ya go, genius.

Bledsoe came in with 2:35 left in the first half after Brady twisted his ankle.

Ya think Favre would come out with a twisted ankle in a conference championship game? I think not.

Bledsoe threw 3 lasers immediately (and this is why with Weis gone you're in deep doody). 11 yards, 12 yards, 19 yards TD to Patten.

He completed the game(over a half) no INTs, no Fumbles, and a win with 3 knees at the end of the game. This after 4 months of not being on the field, against a Pitt defense, at home, recognized as the best in the AFC.

The over the shoulder pass. something Pats revisionist history jerks like you love to throw out. Do you remember the situation? I thought not.

Line of scrimmage Pitt 32 yard line, 3rd and long. Bledsoe is blitzed. Nine yards behind the line of scrimmage he is spun around, as he goes down he throws the ball backward toward JR Redmond it bounces on one hop and hits him in the shin. If he takes the sack, they are out of field goal range.

Grounding is called (wrongly, as mentioned by the announcers) but a defensive penalty neutralizes the down. Bledsoe played solid and won that game, and all morons like you want to do is somehow take that away from him.

Bledsoe made that franchise. No fans, a crappy stadium and he brought it all back with a brand of exciting vertical offense football. Deny that if you will, but it's all BS.

Same old crap from Pats fans on the AFC championship game Drew won to get you in. 

Here ya go, genius.

Ya think Favre would come out with a twisted ankle in a conference championship game? I think not.

Bledsoe threw 3 lasers immediately (and this is why with Weis gone you're in deep doody). 11 yards, 12 yards, 19 yards TD to Patten.

He completed the game(over a half) no INTs, no Fumbles, and a win with 3 knees at the end of the game.  This after 4 months of not being on the field, against a Pitt defense, at home, recognized as the best in the AFC.

The over the shoulder pass. something Pats revisionist history jerks like you love to throw out.  Do you remember the situation?  I thought not.

Line of scrimmage Pitt 32 yard line, 3rd and long.  Bledsoe is blitzed.  Nine yards behind the line of scrimmage he is spun around, as he goes down he throws the ball backward toward JR Redmond it bounces on one hop and hits him in the shin.  If he takes the sack, they are out of field goal range.

Grounding is called (wrongly, as mentioned by the announcers) but a defensive penalty neutralizes the down. Bledsoe played solid and won that game, and all morons like you want to do is somehow take that away from him.

Bledsoe made that franchise.  No fans, a crappy stadium and he brought it all back with a brand of exciting vertical offense football.  Deny that if you will, but it's all BS.

159025[/snapback]

Did I say anything about Drew's impact on the franchise? I just mentioned that he didnt singlehandedly WIN the Steeler game in 01. Believe me, I realize what he's meant to this team over the years and appreciate every bit of it. Its just now I appreciate Tom Brady even more.

He completed the game(over a half) no INTs, no Fumbles, and a win with 3 knees at the end of the game. This after 4 months of not being on the field, against a Pitt defense, at home, recognized as the best in the AFC.

The over the shoulder pass. something Pats revisionist history jerks like you love to throw out. Do you remember the situation? I thought not.

Line of scrimmage Pitt 32 yard line, 3rd and long. Bledsoe is blitzed. Nine yards behind the line of scrimmage he is spun around, as he goes down he throws the ball backward toward JR Redmond it bounces on one hop and hits him in the shin. If he takes the sack, they are out of field goal range.

As you say, maybe I'm a moron and maybe I'm a jerk; that's a debate for a different thread. But Drew was worse in that game than he was in the Bills last trip to NE.

The truth is that no matter how many times you type it, no matter how many ways you try and spin it and no matter how much you've convinced yourself otherwise, the fact of the matter remains that Drew Bledsoe was absolutely, positively atrocious in that playoff game. He did everything in his power to lose that game for the Patriots; but Joey Porter's hands, Lee Flower's muddy spikes, a ridiculous official's flag and the grace of god almighty are the only things that saved him from being the biggest goat in NE since Billy Buckner. You can buy into the storybook fantasy that the national media used to sell its advertising, but the TRUTH is that Bledsoe was sooooo bad that following the game the NFL's shrewdest coach immediately benched him and opted instead for an injured 6thrnd pick from the Big10 who was a 1styearstarter and had about 1/10th Drew's postseason experience.