Perry Fewell Assistant Coach of the Year

HarkinBanks

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/11/04/2010-nfl-midseason-report/2.html

ASSISTANT COACH OF THE YEAR -- Perry Fewell, defensive coordinator, Giants: New York head coach Tom Coughlin made the right hire when he locked up the former Bills interim head coach/D-coordinator. New York's pass rush has been restored to its previous ferocity, and that has been the key to the Giants' current four-game winning streak and rise to first place in the NFC East.

Good for Perry. Very glad to see him doing well.

He could've been our HC and hired Gailey as OC.

HC would have been the only option with the Bills. I don't think he would have accepted a demotion to DC after being interim head coach. That being the case, he wouldn't have been the DC, so we really don't know how good of a HC he would have been. But we do know he is a pretty good DC, working with a very good Giants D this season. Good for him...

It helps when he has some very good players in NY. Here, he didn't have much to work with, hence the bend but don't break defense we have always had.

Hate to say it, but I miss that bend but don't break defense.

It helps when he has some very good players in NY. Here, he didn't have much to work with, hence the bend but don't break defense we have always had.

Agree with this.

Fewell is a very good DC - that is the job he should have. Too bad the Bills didn't make Bobby April the interim coach last year - then maybe he and Fewell would still be coaching in Buffalo.

Perry Fewell has been my favorite bills coach - position coach and head coach - since Marv was here (as coach). I hated to see him go. :thumbdown:

hate to say it, but our defense last year couldn't stop the run, but was one of the best overall when you take in account for pass rush and especially turnovers where we were king. So, don't say the he didn't have much to work with when he had a double digit sack pass rusher, a rookie safety that got 9 picks, and a defense that had a propensity for the big play. The only thing his scheme was missing was size up the middle to stop the run.

The current scheme by Edwards was foolish to transition to, because the D had no size, no returning pass rush, and only 1 starting NFL-caliber LB.

He could've been our HC and hired Gailey as OC.

Gregg Williams is one of the best DC's in football yet wasn't that good of a HC for us. So, granted he is a good DC, there is no telling what he would have been as our HC this year. In fact, this lead has several guys who were great DC but average or worse as HC.

Gregg Williams is one of the best DC's in football yet wasn't that good of a HC for us. So, granted he is a good DC, there is no telling what he would have been as our HC this year. In fact, this lead has several guys who were great DC but average or worse as HC.

I liked him as the interim coach, the defense played hard for him.

I like Gailey as the O-Co the offense is starting to hum with most of the same bits and pieces of last year.

It's the fate of Bills fans never to get the two together at the same time.

:bag:

He deserves Assist Coach of the Year for the first half of the year at least.

Good for Perry.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

HC would have been the only option with the Bills. I don't think he would have accepted a demotion to DC after being interim head coach. That being the case, he wouldn't have been the DC, so we really don't know how good of a HC he would have been. But we do know he is a pretty good DC, working with a very good Giants D this season. Good for him...

Sums it up. Too many people looking in the rear view mirror. I think Gailey was a better HC choice.

This is what everyone wanted, the Bills had to switch to a 3-4 to be successful! No one that had been in the same room as DJ could stay because he has tainted them with his loser mentality and the defence last year was so bad it was the reason they were horrible :rolleyes:

I said many times last year that the defence was not the problem and actually pretty good, it was the offence that needed the overhaul and was costing them games.