Ravens interested in Shawne Merriman

If the Ravens are interested and we have first shot AND Buddy knows Merriman, I would think this is a no brainer!

If Buddy chokes on this one........well :doh:

Just like Buddy choked in not getting Jason Campbell? How has Campbell worked out for Oakland thus far? Nix knows what he is doing I believe and this initial year of the rebuilding phase is to see what we actually have. There were not many moves made except the "stop gap" type. I think the serious house cleaning will begin this offseason with many players catching a pink slip. If Nix doesn't go after Merriman I believe it's because he knows that Merriman is not their type of guy or because he doesn't bring the same skillset to the table anymore. Would he be better than what we have? IMO yes, but I'm not the one who is shelling out $1.9 mill for a guy that will likely walk at years end to be on a team going nowhere for 9 weeks.

Just like Buddy choked in not getting Jason Campbell? How has Campbell worked out for Oakland thus far? Nix knows what he is doing I believe and this initial year of the rebuilding phase is to see what we actually have. There were not many moves made except the "stop gap" type. I think the serious house cleaning will begin this offseason with many players catching a pink slip. If Nix doesn't go after Merriman I believe it's because he knows that Merriman is not their type of guy or because he doesn't bring the same skillset to the table anymore. Would he be better than what we have? IMO yes, but I'm not the one who is shelling out $1.9 mill for a guy that will likely walk at years end to be on a team going nowhere for 9 weeks.

campbell is playing well. merriman might actually make this team a bit better and i actually don't know if we want that. at this point we need to concentrate on the rookies and see what we have.

Edited by aristocrat

I trust Buddy, really.

If he can help I bring him in, if not, oh well! :blink:

campbell is playing well. merriman might actually make this team a bit better and i actually don't know if we want that. at this point we need to concentrate on the rookies and see what we have.

I think you will find that most of the players on Buffalo will become backups and make the team, the older players will go!

Which is why he got benched in favor of Gradkowski and Boller at one point this year, huh? The running game and the defense are what has helped Oakland the most.

Which is why he got benched in favor of Gradkowski and Boller at one point this year, huh? The running game and the defense are what has helped Oakland the most.

4-2 record starting, in those first couple games he had little help from his line. well might have been wrong but he is playing above average.

Takeo Spikes is playing well for San Francisco. I remember the Bills releasing him because of an injury. I'm sure he would be a valuable addition. The biggest questions I would have are:

1) Can he come back?

2) What kind of player will he be?

3) What are the chances of him getting injured in the future? Is he now injury prone?

4) How much will he cost?

5) Who else could we use that money on?

6) Who will we replace?

7) Can the Bills sign him for longer than this year, after he has healed?

8) Will this be a short-term deal so he can heal and go somewhere he would prefer?

9) What will be the strategy to determine if he will be in the long term plans if they sign him?

Yes, there are a lot of questions, and I'm not sure this is exhaustive.

http://espn.go.com/b...riman-to-ravens

Here we go!

Maybe he is not a has been as some of you claim~:flirt:

4PM Buddy??

With the LB corp that the Ravens have & have had for a long time if they say their interested i think it's a no brainer for the Bills . We are desperate for a pass rush & just by having this guy on the field other teams will have to take him into consideration .

It's no like we don't have any one that we can't afford to let go :lol: So i say sign him if nothin else it may shut up some of the fans by Nix making a move !!!

With the LB corp that the Ravens have & have had for a long time if they say their interested i think it's a no brainer for the Bills . We are desperate for a pass rush & just by having this guy on the field other teams will have to take him into consideration .

It's no like we don't have any one that we can't afford to let go :lol: So i say sign him if nothin else it may shut up some of the fans by Nix making a move !!!

Maybe they just want a team beneath them to waste time and effort on him? What benefit do the Ravens gain by announcing their interest? Why should the Bills make decisions based on what other teams in completely different situations are doing?

Look if this FO and i'm talking Buddy in this, goes out and signs walking stiffs like Cornell Green to a contract and then JP Foschi, why not take a chance on someone like Merriman?

I don't get it. This is mid season and we're not on the hook for his entire salary because he wasn't on our roster the first week of the season. If I'm wrong, someone let me know. If he sucks and then we cut him, I don't think we accelerate the rest of his contract.

That bit was already taken care of by his time in SD, correct?

So if the above is true, WTH do we not sign the guy and see what he can do?

Color me unimpressed with the present FO admin. I like our coach. He's got something. The players play their asses off for him. But Buddy is trying to old school it in the new NFL. I call BS.

C

Takeo Spikes is playing well for San Francisco. I remember the Bills releasing him because of an injury. I'm sure he would be a valuable addition. The biggest questions I would have are:

1) Can he come back?

2) What kind of player will he be?

3) What are the chances of him getting injured in the future? Is he now injury prone?

4) How much will he cost?

5) Who else could we use that money on?

6) Who will we replace?

7) Can the Bills sign him for longer than this year, after he has healed?

8) Will this be a short-term deal so he can heal and go somewhere he would prefer?

9) What will be the strategy to determine if he will be in the long term plans if they sign him?

Yes, there are a lot of questions, and I'm not sure this is exhaustive.

They benched his ass this year....