Who voted?

mead107

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marked my card for R Joe Miller US senator from Alaska,tea party endorsed. He beat the incumbent Republican in the primary who is running as a write in[and has a real chance] but what made up my mind was the local liberal media[in other words, all of them print or broadcast] HATED Joe, so that was good enough for me.

I vote here same as when I lived in Buffalo. See who the paper endorses and vote their opponent.

Why not get on the AK bandwagon... More people in AK are voting Write-In than the two douchebags running for the Repubs and Dems.

:lol: :lol:

Right now it is about 6k more Write-In votes than Miller and about 19k more than McAdams!

Does 'Write-In" win? ;)

:lol: :lol:

Do you do ever do even minimal research before you shoot your mouth off? Thought not. Write in is Lisa Murkowski current and two term Republican senator from Alaska. She lost the GOP primary and ran as a write in independent. Shows Alaskans vote the person, not the party, unlike the mindless sheep in a certain Midwestern state.

Do you do ever do even minimal research before you shoot your mouth off? Thought not. Write in is Lisa Murkowski current and two term Republican senator from Alaska. She lost the GOP primary and ran as a write in independent. Shows Alaskans vote the person, not the party, unlike the mindless sheep in a certain Midwestern state.

Hey I voted Republican for Congress in the IL 11th District... And they won.

Sorry.. I was just reading the election results and seen: "Write-Ins"... That is with an "S" on the end? I am not sure how it works up there... Can you only write in her (Lisa Murkowski) or can you write-in anybody? Will they have to phyiscally count the names if yo can write-in more than her.

Again... Sorry... Why so angry?

Anyway... JIA... You are my research... What better than to ask an person from the State.

If it helps... I also voted Independent for Gov... That wife beating, pawnbroker dude on steroids.:P Sorry, those are all the choices I got.:bag:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Hey I voted Republican for Congress in the IL 11th District... And they won.

Sorry.. I was just reading the election results and seen: "Write-Ins"... That is with an "S" on the end? I am not sure how it works up there... Can you only write in her (Lisa Murkowski) or can you write-in anybody? Will they have to phyiscally count the names if yo can write-in more than her.

Again... Sorry... Why so angry?

Anyway... JIA... You are my research... What better than to ask an person from the State.

If it helps... I also voted Independent for Gov... That wife beating, pawnbroker dude on steroids.:P Sorry, those are all the choices I got.:bag:

Well calling the guy I voted for a douche bag is a good start. Yes you can write in anybody you want. when you vote for a write in you blacken a oval next to the write in line. That tells the voting machine this is a write in nothing more. It can't read. those ballots go to a human. considering the typical write in vote in a normal year is a couple hundred, and the incumbent senator ran a write in campaign this year and the write in is 10s of thousands, its pretty safe to say those votes are for Murkowski. Only the second time in US history a write in won a US senate seat.

Well calling the guy I voted for a douche bag is a good start. Yes you can write in anybody you want. when you vote for a write in you blacken a oval next to the write in line. That tells the voting machine this is a write in nothing more. It can't read. those ballots go to a human. considering the typical write in vote in a normal year is a couple hundred, and the incumbent senator ran a write in campaign this year and the write in is 10s of thousands, its pretty safe to say those votes are for Murkowski. Only the second time in US history a write in won a US senate seat.

Thanks!

"Pretty safe to say those votes are for Murkowski."

:blink:

Why so sure? Still seems like Alaskans are voting for a "party" or ideology... Just somebody (LM) that was cast off from a party.

Anyway.. Thanks again for the info... I wasn't sure how to read it and struck me as very interesting... Of course I wasn't really following AK until it caught my eye. Here in IL, I bet Brady is mad at the Cohen vote. Everybody thought it would work against the Dem incumbant Quinn since Cohen was cast off as his Lt. Gov. on the ticket (after winning the primary to be on the ticket). It siphoned my vote off... But it seems to have siphoned more of the angry conservative vote more. Quinn appears to have won by 9k votes... Cohen took in 136k or so votes.

Thanks!

"Pretty safe to say those votes are for Murkowski."

:blink:

Why so sure? Still seems like Alaskans are voting for a "party" or ideology... Just somebody (LM) that was cast off from a party.

Anyway.. Thanks again for the info... I wasn't sure how to read it and struck me as very interesting... Of course I wasn't really following AK until it caught my eye. Here in IL, I bet Brady is mad at the Cohen vote. Everybody thought it would work against the Dem incumbant Quinn since Cohen was cast off as his Lt. Gov. on the ticket (after winning the primary to be on the ticket). It siphoned my vote off... But it seems to have siphoned more of the angry conservative vote more. Quinn appears to have won by 9k votes... Cohen took in 136k or so votes.

No their voting for Lisa Murkowski. She's a write in independent. What could possibly be more about the candidate and less about ideology or party?

Marked my card for R Joe Miller US senator from Alaska,tea party endorsed. He beat the incumbent Republican in the primary who is running as a write in[and has a real chance] but what made up my mind was the local liberal media[in other words, all of them print or broadcast] HATED Joe, so that was good enough for me.

I vote here same as when I lived in Buffalo. See who the paper endorses and vote their opponent.

Of course if you had read my original post that you quoted, the explanation would have been unnecessary.

No their voting for Lisa Murkowski. She's a write in independent. What could possibly be more about the candidate and less about ideology or party?

Because LM is (was) a INCUMBANT Republican that lost the primary to Miller... Now with the state voting her in (or appears to be), it just proves people are going back to the middle of the party... The Tea Bagger element just so happened to win the primary... Now it seems the voters across the board are scared to sh*t and doing what you blamed us "Mid-Western sheep" of doing. What is actually happening in AK is the exact opposite of the spin you are trying to put on. I'd vote for LM if I was in AK.

She seems to be pulling away... Up by almost 10k now.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Mrs. Lew was the first voter at 6:30 AM and

I was #300 at 5:00 PM.

Like WVUFootball said, I must be cursed as both guys

I wanted to win, lost :(

We had 14 'robo-call' voice mail messages

on our phone on Monday night. 7 on Tuesday.

I will really miss that nonsense.

None of the above should disqualify anyone running if it wins.

It's funny, but when everyone asks why do the same bums keep getting elected it is pretty simple. In order to run for office you have to sell your soul and abandon your moral compass. The way that campaigns are financed mean that only the scum of the earth, without conscience or conviction, can whore themselves out to anyone willing to give them a dollar and still sleep at night.

Yesterday at lunch. I moved 6 months ago (same state) and never changed my drivers license so I had to drive back to my old district. But it was worth it to vote against Crazy O'Donnell.

Sorry, babe...you can try again in 2 more years.

Can't blame you there, Bart! :lol:

But this raises a question for me that you'd be a good person to ask since you live in one of the states that saw a Tea Party battle up close. Did you get the sense that the national Republican party was fully behind some of these Tea Party upstarts once they won the nominations? In races likes DE and NV (which seemed to be there for the taking for the GOP), the candidates tripped all over themselves and probably cost themselves wins. For instance, where were the experienced advisers from the national party to tell this idiot not to go on TV and say "I'm not a witch!"

Did the GOP drop the ball? Did they intentionally distance themselves from some of these candidates in fear of long-term repercussions of the Tea Party movement? I always find the campaign strategy to be the most interesting part of politics.

It's funny, but when everyone asks why do the same bums keep getting elected it is pretty simple. In order to run for office you have to sell your soul and abandon your moral compass. The way that campaigns are financed mean that only the scum of the earth, without conscience or conviction, can whore themselves out to anyone willing to give them a dollar and still sleep at night.

This is exactly how I feel as well. ANYONE who wants to get into politics nowadays MUST be a soulless scumbag. Doesnt matter which "side" they say they are on. Once they get elected, it's all the same side. Them against the people.

The problem isn't "Democrats" or "Republicans". The problem is all of the Career Politicians.

Term limits...

Senators...2 six year terms

House of Reps.. 6 two year terms.

end of career politicians.

Robert Byrd of my state was classic example of this.

as is our congressman, Nick Rahal. 34 years in house of Rep.

Can't blame you there, Bart! :lol:

But this raises a question for me that you'd be a good person to ask since you live in one of the states that saw a Tea Party battle up close. Did you get the sense that the national Republican party was fully behind some of these Tea Party upstarts once they won the nominations? In races likes DE and NV (which seemed to be there for the taking for the GOP), the candidates tripped all over themselves and probably cost themselves wins. For instance, where were the experienced advisers from the national party to tell this idiot not to go on TV and say "I'm not a witch!"

Did the GOP drop the ball? Did they intentionally distance themselves from some of these candidates in fear of long-term repercussions of the Tea Party movement? I always find the campaign strategy to be the most interesting part of politics.

I certainly got the sense that the National Republican Party was not behind O'Donnell. The local party was definitely not in her corner. A lot of that bubbled over from the primary where she launched a very negative campaign (not normal for Delaware) against a very iconic and well-liked candidate in Mike Castle. And it was just such a shock that she won, I don't think the party ever stopped to think that they might want to ease off the gas in their attacks on her. Put it this way, Chris Coons didn't even acknowledge her in his campaign before the primary. Didn't speak her name. All the early attacks that you probably heard about on a national level, they all came from the republican side. So the mainstream republicans pulled out all the stops to tear her down in the primary and the wounds never really seemed to heal after she won.

I think it a lot of it was pride. Hard to shake hands after a dirty fight. But it was clear that she did not have the support of "everyday" republicans and I believe a lot of that trickled down from the top. If she had better handlers, like you alluded to, and more of a unified front, I think she could have won. But from what I've heard of her, she's not exactly the type to take a lot of advice.

Interesting side note...I'm by no means the Mayor of Delaware, but I've spent most of my life here and I know a lot of people and I don't know a single person who knew her personally before this whole thing. Not one. Delaware (especially northern Delaware) is a very small place. I'm not sure how it translated on a national level, but her campaign presence within the state was very odd. Most of her events were comprised of invite only guests, hardly any true public appearances (at least in New Castle County...she did most of her work downstate where it is far more conservative).

She might not be a witch, but she sure seemed like a ghost. I only hope the national money and attention she received doesn't promote her to some sort of Palin-esque quasi-celebrity status. I'd be quite pleased if I don't hear her name again in 2012.

Term limits...

Senators...2 six year terms

House of Reps.. 6 two year terms.

Manchin is looking to follow suit

Thanks for the insight, great post.

Interesting side note...I'm by no means the Mayor of Delaware, but I've spent most of my life here and I know a lot of people and I don't know a single person who knew her personally before this whole thing. Not one. Delaware (especially northern Delaware) is a very small place.

This is a good point. The freshman Dem appears to have barely held on in my district and I think the GOP guy not being a recognized name probably had some impact. In a Senate race, that's got to be a huge deal. Even candidates that pop up suddenly on the national scene (i.e., Scott Brown) are almost always well known at home.

I'm not sure how it translated on a national level, but her campaign presence within the state was very odd. Most of her events were comprised of invite only guests, hardly any true public appearances (at least in New Castle County...she did most of her work downstate where it is far more conservative).

Honestly, from what I could tell the national view of that race boiled down to "Tea Party Candidate!" and (sadly) "she was for being a witch before she was against it"

Term limits...

Senators...2 One six year terms

House of Reps.. 6 One two four year terms.

Fixed.

Eliminate these clowns from ever having a re-election campaign to influence their agenda. You show up, serve, and then go back to having a life. No f---ing pensions either.