An omen for the Bills/Bears game?

Just Jack

The Bison showed a lot of heart... but in the end... it had to be put down.

No better metaphor ;)

:thumbsup:

Yes, in the end it wasn't the bear, but rather self inflicted injury that caused the death of the buffalo. Only a buffalo has the msifortune of standing on some sort of hot spring gyeser when it blows.

:thumbsup:

Yes, in the end it wasn't the bear, but rather self inflicted injury that caused the death of the buffalo. Only a buffalo has the msifortune of standing on some sort of hot spring gyeser when it blows.

Jesus, they used a "dramatic photo" for the story's image? Now THAT'S journalism! :doh:

EDIT: :oops: should have read the article first. But really they should change the word "dramatic" in the photo caption, no need for editorializing there. I definitely read it as "dramatic" as in "dramatic re-enactment" as if it were a staged picture.

Edited by The Big Cat

I'm not sure if this is a GOOD omen because the bison escaped the bear alive. Or if it's a BAD omen because they had to put it out of it's misery? Well, seeing how I am a glass half full sort of guy I say it's a good omen and we beat the bears this week and finally get the monkey off our back. If we lose, can someone put me out of my misery?!

I'm not sure if this is a GOOD omen because the bison escaped the bear alive. Or if it's a BAD omen because they had to put it out of it's misery? Well, seeing how I am a glass half full sort of guy I say it's a good omen and we beat the bears this week and finally get the monkey off our back. If we lose, can someone put me out of my misery?!

Or perhaps the Bear (coming of its bye week) being unable to subdue the wounded Bison, that's good. The day-later death? Well, I don't exactly think this weekend's game has playoff implications...

Jesus, they used a "dramatic photo" for the story's image? Now THAT'S journalism! :doh:

EDIT: :oops: should have read the article first. But really they should change the word "dramatic" in the photo caption, no need for editorializing there. I definitely read it as "dramatic" as in "dramatic re-enactment" as if it were a staged picture.

Dramatic: sensational in appearance or thrilling in effect, an episode that is turbulent or highly emotional

Dramatic: sensational in appearance or thrilling in effect, an episode that is turbulent or highly emotional

Yeah, now I understand.

Either way, photo journalism 101, the point of the caption is to add context to the picture's inclusion with the story. You don't tell the viewer it's a "dramatic" photo, just like you wouldn't write "Students at Asbury Elementary School spend a boring day reading at the library."

Well if you're going to see it that way then the omen means this:

The Bills will barely survive an onslaught to escape with a win (in overtime) <_< But sustain season ending injuries to Lee Evans, Fred Jackson, Ryan Fitzpatrick, half the offensive and defensive lines. The team crawls back to Buffalo where the commissioner is waiting. He says:

"You guys showed a lot of heart. Don't worry we are here to put you out of your misery. It will all be over soon."

In walks Bill Bellicheck with a 22. :cry:

Grizzly versus Bison

Park rangers had to put the bison down due to the injuries it sustained.

See, your quote implies the bear killed the bison...not true. "once in the safety of the woods the bison out maneuvered the grizzly, escaping to live exactly one more day." My spin is the bison foiled the bear and lived another day...we will be victorious!!!

OK, maybe the Bison doessn't fare well against the Bear, but I have been told, that you can

start a Buffalo against a horse, and you will go through three horses before the Buffalo starts

to fade, distance wise. The moral, understanding that a lot of you want immediate improvement,

which I see, is that we are in good shape, long run wise.

OK, maybe the Bison doessn't fare well against the Bear, but I have been told, that you can

start a Buffalo against a horse, and you will go through three horses before the Buffalo starts

to fade, distance wise. The moral, understanding that a lot of you want immediate improvement,

Buffalo don't quit!

So if we play the Colts or Broncos the NFL should make the game three hours long instead of one hour?