Fitz is a serviceable QB on a bad team

Beerball

I agree that Fitzy is a serviceable QB, but I would believe that they have to see what Brohm has. They already know what Fitzy brings to the table. Maybe Brohm can do something similar given Chan's system. I would guess Brohm would get the opportunity to play the last few games.

Honestly at this point, I wouldn't mind if they went somewhere other than QB with their first round pick. If you buy that it'll take 3 years to be relevant, why not address either line with an elite player that can step in and start day 1. Barkley looks better to me than any of the QBs that will be draft elligble this year, and he can't come out until 2012.'s draft.

I am fine with letting Fitz take it for a few years and using those high picks for defense and tackle.....Fitz is a gamer....he converted a ton of 3rd downs and the TD to Stevie J on 4th down is about as clutch as can be.....he led us to consecutive back to back 4th quarter comebacks and once we learn how to close a game out we'll win more of those than lose.....

Build the D and lines.....we can do a lot worse than a smart QB who isn't afraid to sling it or put his head down and drive for yardage....

I think you give Fitz (age 27, at least another 6 years left in the tank barring catastrophic injury)and the receivers and the line and the backs as many reps as you can. Why not? It certainly won't hurt next year and I don't envision Brohm being a whole lot better. In fact, a better quarterback may, in fact border on league elite, and I have my doubts that Brohm is at that level.

I mean seriously, which of the league's starting quarterbacks would be a huge improvement over Fitz?

Fitz is a backup QB. He's serviceable for filling in until the season is over and we can draft a new QB. In no way should he be a realistic option as a starter when looking at the future of this team. The guy has a noodle arm.

Ask the Ravens about his "noodle arm."

& maybe he carries (drags) the torch while the QB OF THE FUTURE is groomed.

but...Does there come a time this season where Brohm gets a shot, or do you think the brass have already decided that he aint in the team's future plans?

Not a chance Brohm gets a shot if Fitz stays healthy. To do so would only serve to retard the progression Fitz has shown this season. And his progression is directly tied to everyone's progression on offense.

So, unless the Bills' FO deems one of the available QBs to be "the franchise" in the next draft (and I doubt they do currently), then Fitz is their guy going forward.

They have to keep playing him at this point. He's their best option.

GO BILLS!!!

Then neither you nor Ray were watching the same game the rest of the sane world was watching.

It shouldn't be a shocker that Chan can make an average to below average QB look good in his system. The fact remains the Fitz has trouble making all NFL throws and has had struggles with accuracy in the past.

Need I remind you of Tyler Thigpen and his ability to produce in Chan's offense?

Fitzpatrick is a good QB, I hope he is still the starter next season, even if we draft Luck. He is a smart QB, who can read the defense and take what they give him. What he isn't, is a guy who imposes his will on the opposing defense and dictates the game.

For all the fools out there that called for Frank Reich to be our starter in the 1990's- that is why he wasn't a starting caliber QB either.