Bills/Bears game not on TV in Syracuse area this weekend?

Metal Man

I noticed something while looking at the NFL line up this upcoming weekend that has me thinking the Bills game might not get televised in the Syracuse market this weekend.

The game is on Fox at 1pm. The Giants are also on Fox this weekend at 4pm, however Fox does not have the double header this week so they will not be able to air both. In previous years living in CNY I have noticed that if both teams are on at the same time on Fox then the Giants game is always the one that wins out.

This situation is a little different, but I am thinking the same is going to happen and that Fox will air the 4pm Giants game instead.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Then again if the game doesn't sell out, and that still counts as a local black-out despite being in Toronto, then I guess this is all moot anyway.

:unsure:

In Rochester is shows as:

WUHF-DT1 - 7 - Sun, 11/07, 1:00 PM 3 hrs

Chicago Bears at Buffalo Bills from Ralph Wilson Stadium

Not exactly accurate regarding location, but it is showing anyway.

I'm not sure anymore if the NFL automatically considers it a sellout or not.

There are probably more Giant fans in Syracuse than Buffalo fans.

Nah!

There's more bandwagon fans here in Syracuse who follow the Giants, Jets, Steelers, Vikings, etc. These fans never leave their couch and if their game isn't on television, no big deal.

The die-hard, knowledgeable fans follow the regional NFL team Buffalo Bills.

Watertown, NY shows a 1pm game on Fox, teams TBA, and no game listed at 4pm.

Watertown usually is more of a Bills market, so they'll probably be on up there.

If Syracuse is considered a Giants market, then you'll get no game at 1:00 and the Giants at 4. And it appears that the authoritative source (IMO) says Syracuse should get the Giants.

Edited by BuffaloWings

I'm living in Oswego, about an hour north of Syracuse, does that mean i will have to go to a bar for the game?? i was looking forward to rolling out of bed with a hangover and watching the Bills on my couch while recovering. It would be tragic if i would have to go to the bar at 1...

Syracuse is a secondary market, like Erie, Pa., for Pittsburgh. Therefore, the local Fox affiliate (Ch. 68) can choose to show a different game, in this case the Giants. Road games and home sellouts are the only guarantees for the secondary market. This happens a few times a year.

Syracuse is a secondary market, like Erie, Pa., for Pittsburgh. Therefore, the local Fox affiliate (Ch. 68) can choose to show a different game, in this case the Giants. Road games and home sellouts are the only guarantees for the secondary market. This happens a few times a year.

It shouldn't, if Syracuse is a secondary market the Bills game should be shown, otherwise take away the secondary status and show the games when it's not a home sellout. I'm blacked out from the games, 3 1/2 hours away, in order to urge me to go to the game. If the game is a home sellout what am I expected to do? If Syracuse was also a secondary market for the Giants I could understand (is it? not sure but don't think it is). My point is it should be one way or the other, I shouldn't get blacked out when it's not a sellout and also blacked out when it is.

Lemme fix that, since this IS a home sellout. Only road games and home sellouts on CBS are a guarantee.

Why does the network the game is on make any difference?

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson