You Be The GM !!

T master

I know this has been talked about before but i think it's a subject that has a valid argument !

If you were GM with the emergence of Steve Johnson at the WR position & the use of Rosco's talents more apparent with the new coaching staff plus with Marcus Easley coming back at the beginning of next year, coupled with the potential of Shawn & David Nelson along with the fact that we need more draft picks to continue the restructuring of the team .

Would you trade Lee Evans for added picks in the up coming draft ??

Personally i think his contract doesn't match his production and we could use the extra draft picks .

What say You Bills fans ????

Edited by T master

Wouldn't get good value back for him, and he's an important piece in helping the young players develop. You don't want to all of a sudden thrust young players into new roles or have them carry too big a load. The presence of Evans allows gradual progress.

Edited by Ozymandius

Wouldn't get good value back for him, and he's an important piece in helping the young players develop. You don't want to all of a sudden thrust young players into new roles or have them carry too big a load. The presence of Evans allows gradual progress.

I agree, why take a chance when you've got a sure thing.

You can't build a winning team if you cut/trade ALL of your top flight talent. Part of why Johnson is playing so well is because everyone is focused on Evans.

If I'm GM... I'd start by firing George Edwards and then take it from there.

Lee Evans contract info:

10/2/2008: Signed a four-year, $37.25 million contract extension through 2012. The deal includes $18.25 million guaranteed and a first-year salary of $11,730,770. Another $3 million is available through incentives. 2010: $5.4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011-2012: $3.025 million (+ $1 million roster bonuses), 2013: Free Agent

He's a bargain at $3.025 Million in 2011 and 2012.

I know this has been talked about before but i think it's a subject that has a valid argument !

If you were GM with the emergence of Steve Johnson at the WR position & the use of Rosco's talents more apparent with the new coaching staff plus with Marcus Easley coming back at the beginning of next year, coupled with the potential of Shawn & David Nelson along with the fact that we need more draft picks to continue the restructuring of the team .

Personally i think his contract doesn't match his production and we could use the extra draft picks .

What would he bring? A 2nd possibly? If it was used to get some line help, I might be inclined to say trade the man. Of course... you don't really know what you'll get in the draft, but we really need to go out and get some studs to open holes for the run, pass block, and on the D stop the run and/or pressure the QB. If we get a stud Lineman, it's a no brainer... trade Lee. Hell, you'd even reward him by trading him to a contender. He's paid his dues...

If he would have been moved before the deadline for say; Minnesota’s second or San Diego’s 2nd I'd have said “DO IT”. Since that Deadline came and went and WR holes are much easier to in the offseason, I’d say the chance to get anything for him passed, this season or maybe even the last.

The good news is he is working his way up from 3rd best to second best WR on the team this year (where he finished last year).

Lee Evans contract info:

10/2/2008: Signed a four-year, $37.25 million contract extension through 2012. The deal includes $18.25 million guaranteed and a first-year salary of $11,730,770. Another $3 million is available through incentives. 2010: $5.4 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2011-2012: $3.025 million (+ $1 million roster bonuses), 2013: Free Agent

He's a bargain at $3.025 Million in 2011 and 2012.

Absolutely keep him. His presence does help open up things for other guys underneath, because teams do have to respect Evans as a deep threat. Plus he's a good player. Plus he doesn't make that much money. Plus, even young/rebuilding teams need to have SOME veteran presence. Lee Evans is one of those guys.

...Would you trade Lee Evans for added picks in the up coming draft ??...

No way. Evans stays. Kelsay gets cut. After those two, how much money am I spending on players anyway??

If I'm Buddy:

#1A, Modrak and his scouts are fired....TODAY. I then hire good veteran scouts to replace them...scouts that don't care about always trying to ego out by finding the "diamonds in the freakin' rough." (Maybin, Troup, Covington...the list goes on ad nauseum)

#1B, George Edwards is gone. And I'm replacing him with a proven successful ex-defensive oriented head coach or current or ex-NFL DC ONLY. And I could not care less if Chan has coached with him in the past or not!

#2, I hit UFA hard next year signing the best OT, and/or best DT, and/or best LB available, if I can get them to come to Buffalo.

#2, In next April's draft, of course I sign the best QB on my board, be it Luck, Locker, Mallett or whomever, with my first pick.

#3, The rest of next year's draft, I'm looking at hard hitting strong athletic DE's, DT's, Strong Safeties, and Linebackers, or OT's, depending on how I do in UFA signings the month before.

#4, I sit back and see if we will even play football in 2011.

I would yes. Lee has been an exemplary Bill and he deserves to be given a chance to win. I was hoping a trade was going to happen at the 2010 dead line. Trading Lee for two picks in the 2011 draft, at least one in the third round would be good value. FOlks may respond that Randy Moss only commanded a 3rd pick. Randy Moss has been in the league since 1998 so he has played 7 more years than Lee and has 7 more years of wear on his body.