Is anyone thinking Cam Newton?

zevo

I read somewhere that he will be entering the draft....does he interest anyone and it will be interesting to see just how high his stock rises. I admit that I am intrigued. If luck comes out...then I am less intrigued.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we should focus hard on convincing ourselves that a Stanford QB is the answer since it's worked so well in the past for us.

Luck is a winner, Edwards was not. Luck has stayed relatively healthy, Edwards did not. Luck has put big numbers in college agaisnt good competition, Edwards did not. Ask Denver how the Stanford QB they drafted worked out. :thumbsup:

I worry he only had 1 year of serious competition

I have to agree with you here. While he does have a lot of the physical tools to potentially be a franchise QB at the NFL level, I think he would benefit tremendously from staying in school an additional year.

No, we should focus hard on convincing ourselves that a Stanford QB is the answer since it's worked so well in the past for us.

Ummm isnt this the thinking that got the bills f.o. in trouble for not drafting orakpo because they hated UT players. Each player is a separate entity and should be treated as such. Do you get judged on your work performance because someone who went to the same college as you did a good or bad job? :wallbash:

Racist comparison. Their styles of play are not alike in the least.

ummm does it have to be racist or could it be that he was thinking that cam newton would be a bust?

ummm does it have to be racist or could it be that he was thinking that cam newton would be a bust?

I seriously doubt that was his thinking. And even if it was, the comparison still wouldn't make sense. Russell was a first overall draft pick. Newton won't even go in the first round.

Racist comparison. Their styles of play are not alike in the least.

WTF???

It's 'racist' to think Newton will be a huge bust in the NFL, like Russell???? :blink:

Racist comparison.

I seriously doubt that was his thinking. And even if it was, the comparison still wouldn't make sense. Russell was a first overall draft pick. Newton won't even go in the first round.

How do you have any idea what i was thinking? Are you sitting here next to me?