a few comments

- Our quest for the number 1 overall pick is still intact

- A note to the offensive line.....to me it is frustrating as a fan to watch you fight hard against the ravens and their DL monsters only to play like this against the Chiefs......yes it is obvious we do not have a legit RT playing.......In pass protection I still say that D. Bell is getting it done. And it needs to be said....I have yet to see Wood actually dominate in a game like I would hope he would....I still say his not 100 percent from the injury.

- Dont put this loss on Fitz....if he didn't have pressure in his face all game he does better. Still made some third down plays. I noticed that when teams get INTERIOR heat on him that is when he starts to mess up.

- WHY CANT WE HOLD DOWN OUR EDGES

- Kelsay....I just dont get it. What has he done to warrant that contract.

- Another game another dropped int by Whitner

- Kansas City really tackles.....wish we did that

- A note to the offensive line.....to me it is frustrating as a fan to watch you fight hard against the ravens and their DL monsters only to play like this against the Chiefs......yes it is obvious we do not have a legit RT playing.......In pass protection I still say that D. Bell is getting it done. And it needs to be said....I have yet to see Wood actually dominate in a game like I would hope he would....I still say his not 100 percent from the injury.

- Dont put this loss on Fitz....if he didn't have pressure in his face all game he does better. Still made some third down plays. I noticed that when teams get INTERIOR heat on him that is when he starts to mess up.

KC is on the upswing for sure.

I am watching Sports Center and the staff in Dallas and Minnesota are upset and embarrassed.

For Buffalo it looks like many fans look for positives when we play a close game. The team is still bottoming out. We have many sub par players that start on this team.

KC is on the upswing for sure.

I am watching Sports Center and the staff in Dallas and Minnesota are upset and embarrassed.

For Buffalo it looks like many fans look for positives when we play a close game. The team is still bottoming out. We have many sub par players that start on this team.

There are a number of perennially bad teams which are starting to move up the ladder. KC, St. Louis, Tampa, Detroit and possibly even Oakland. The central point isn't that any of these teams will make the playoffs this year so much as their rosters have been upgraded to the point that they can compete with any team. What these historically bad teams all have in common is that their draft picks over the past few years are developing and they are adding the critical mass of players necessary to garner some wins.

Recently you posted how impressed you were with the Buffalo Bills front office decisiveness when they released Trent Edwards. You "liked it."

Still long-term optimistic, John?

Yes

- I dont think the purge of this team is finished. We still have several players that I think will not be on this roster next year like Dante Whitner and Marcus Stroud.

- The Kelsay is baffling to me I admit that....even if he is a "positive locker room presense" I dont think it warrents a new contract like that. This wreaks to me of a Ralph Wilson favorite.

- I know it doesnt mean much to talk about "ifs and buts" but in my opinion

If Wood was at center, and we had upgrades at RG and RT Fitz is much more accurate in this game and we run the ball more effectively.

If we had real linebackers maybe we own our edges better and dont allow teams to run all over us

If we dont have defensive players dropping interceptions we win

John you don't have to put the entire game on him, but blame falls on Fitz. The int and the over throw of Spiller both could have ended it as much as anything else...if it had gone the other way.

I disagree about the Spiller pass, but that's beside the point. The biggest mistake Fitz made was the intentional grounding at the end of the game. It took away the FG attempt. But that being said, Fitz had us in position to win the game. If he can clean up some of these mistakes, especially the ones late in the game, he's a solid starter for us. We need more defense and at least one more solid OT.

Recently you posted how impressed you were with the Buffalo Bills front office decisiveness when they released Trent Edwards. You "liked it."

Still long-term optimistic, John?

John wasn't alone, there were plenty of us here that thought releasing Edwards was the right move by the front office.

Nix inherited a talent deprived roster and have confidence that he can right the Bills ship. At least we have a FO that knows football talent now calling the shots.

I noticed most of this too. I disagree about Kelsay in a way. Yes, he sucks, but why is he covering TEs and RBs out of the backfield? He is a DE (or should be). You can't excuse getting faked out of his jock by Cassel, however. I mean, he's not Doug Flutie...

John you don't have to put the entire game on him, but blame falls on Fitz. The int and the over throw of Spiller both could have ended it as much as anything else...if it had gone the other way.

You cant love the player for being a confident gutsy QB who is willing to throw the ball into tight spots then hate him when you already know he has accuracy problems.

This is what he is.....he takes chances......and he throws bad balls from time to time. The thing is if the defense was good we could still win with him.

What about the Spiller and Edwards fumbles?

Not putting Fitz on any pedestal - but spread the blame around a little. :oops:

You cant love the player for being a confident gutsy QB who is willing to throw the ball into tight spots then hate him when you already know he has accuracy problems.

This is what he is.....he takes chances......and he throws bad balls from time to time. The thing is if the defense was good we could still win with him.

Exactly, John.

(Lakers suck!)

That's a really good observation. Fitz isn't the tallest QB, only 6'2". Wonder if having someone right in his face, he tries to over-compensate his throw over them and gets wild? Just a thought - that might be something good coaching/practice could improve if so.

Thought it was George Wilson who dropped the int right on his numbers?

Our D and ST did better than I've seen to date. There were a couple of monster hits you could hear through the TV. Despite being porous to the run, they did keep the score low and keep us in the game.

Well..the defense for once did not look hopeless, and we did move the ball. On the other hand, Fitz showed a lot of tghe early weaknesses that kept him on the bench...inexplicable passes to defensive backs. He still looks pretty darn good though. I'm disappointed but there is significant improvement in the last two weeks.