WFAN in New York

1billsfan

Sure it disappointing but can you blame him?

OC for an NFL team or Head Coach for one of the most prestigious programs in NCAA history???

I wish him well if this is true and glad he was here to help the offense.

Im sure MM knows a lot about what TC runs, I really dont think it will be a HUGE loss for the Bills.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it disappointing but can you blame him?

OC for an NFL team or Head Coach for one of the most prestigious programs in NCAA history???

I wish him well if this is true and glad he was here to help the offense.

Im sure MM knows a lot about what TC runs, I really dont think it will be a HUGE loss for the Bills.

152205[/snapback]

I would say so. Clements was only a QB coach last year, with Mularkey running the Steeler offense. Clements is basically running Mularkey's offense anyway. I would think Wyche could do just as well or better anyway.

I would say so.  Clements was only a QB coach last year, with Mularkey running the Steeler offense.  Clements is basically running Mularkey's offense anyway.  I would think Wyche could do just as well or better anyway.

152209[/snapback]

That's why I am surprised that he's a leading candidate. He doesn't even have a full year of OC coaching yet, let alone Head Coaching at any level.

So, is it just an NFL rule among the NFL teams that they can't pursue coaches from other staff's while the season for that team is still going? I remember that the Bills couldn't talk to Weiss before NE was done with their season.

So, is it just an NFL rule among the NFL teams that they can't pursue coaches from other staff's while the season for that team is still going?  I remember that the Bills couldn't talk to Weiss before NE was done with their season.

152346[/snapback]

Yes, it is only a rule for NFL teams. The rule does not apply to colleges.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

ND must be pretty hard up if Clements is now their top choice. What has he ever done? Has he ever coached in college ? Ever been a head coach ? Ever recruited 18yr. olds ? He'll last about 3 yrs. Can't they find an experienced proven winner ?

I think you may be right

152437[/snapback]

Notre Dame is shooting much higher and the people involved in this search know how importnt the next hire is.

Graves and Jenkins aren't Monk Malloy. They actually care about the football program

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

For ND's sake you better hope so NDBoston. Why they would bring an inexperienced head coach into that pressure cooker I can't understand.

Didn't they try that once with Faust ?

That would really, really suck!  :blink:

151937[/snapback]

I agree, but remember, six weeks ago the vastly superior football intellects on TSW were telling us that Clements was a terrible OC. I hope we can find someone else as awful next season! That is, assuming this is all true!

I'm off campus. We got a house on Cleveland Rd., right off Juniper, north of campus. Around where Castle Point is. I used to live in Stanford.

152494[/snapback]

Nice. I lived in Dillon before moving off campus.

FWIW- I work for a prominent alum who cued me in on the Ty firing before it happened last week. He won't talk now, but I know ND was shooting MUCH higher than Clements. I really believe this is an interview to appease Ara, Montana and others.

On the Dan Patrick show they are saying that Joe Montana as actively trying to get  ND to hire Clements.

152170[/snapback]

Maybe we could get George Seifert to actively try to get ND to hire Montana. After all, he was almost our HC this last offseason.