Baltimore is TERRIBLE to watch a game...

SDS

Nice stadium, but the atmosphere is pathetic.

Do you realize that nothing really happens after a Ravens score? Other than 5 seconds of initial cheering, that's it - the crowd just goes silent. They tried to play a Redskin-esque fight song once, but no one knew the words. :rolleyes:

So, the crowd was loud for one 4th down play late in the game and semi-loud maybe 3 other plays. Couple that with no scoring ritual and what a lame atmosphere today was...

That actually came across on the tube, too.

I went 3-4 yrs ago when the bills were there new years day weekend. i found it to be an above average experience. The chain sound every first down can be very demoralizing... the stadium itself and player introductions were top notch.

I too commented to Beerball that I expected it to be louder when they were on D. The fans who were around us were pretty good. We talked football with them and were respectful, and they even stuck up for us when one kid got rambunctious after they went up 10 - told him to cool it. On the way out they were giving props, happy to have come out with the W. One girl ran up to me yelling "hug a Bills fan!", which she did :blush:

The stadium is nice. The HD screens are nice. The game boards on the sidelines are nearly invisible. In in-game rituals are non existent, except maybe the "heeeeeap", and "gooooose", etc...

Do they still do that asinine chain link thing on the screens when the Ravens get a first down?

I have always enjoyed going to games in Baltimore.This was i think the 4th game there for Bills. Great fans, nice stadium, pretty good tailgate scene. I was even suprised yesterday as I was lucky enough to be in a suite, and the fans there were actually pretty passionate as well. Lots of good natured ribbing going back and forth, and it was funny to see how tortured they were that the Bills were giving them a game. Nothing better tahen getting the home team fans booing!!!

The stadium is nice. The HD screens are nice. The game boards on the sidelines are nearly invisible. In in-game rituals are non existent, except maybe the "heeeeeap", and "gooooose", etc...

Took me 1 1/2 quarters to figure out where you could find down & distance. Took Jay pointing it out to me.

The crowd was definitely louder for the SB reunion team than through 95% of the game. Still...an enjoyable experience for me. In case anyone is wondering...based on fan response the Baltimore fans do appreciate Dilfer, he got quite an ovation.

Pic?

I dint get no hugs! :angry: