BIGGEST GAME IN YEARS

jester43

we're still on the outside looking in, true.  but when was the last december bills home game that was this important? 

i'm sorry, the bills fan base is not what it used to be. :doh:

151908[/snapback]

Hey Prefontaine, get your hind end up here this Sunday. Many of us are Season Ticket holders. It's good to get away from all those hunters in the Keystone state. :(

To me, it seems, that the fan base is dwindling with the rest of Buffalo. This should be a sellout no matter what. It would have been back in the late 80's and early to mid 90's. I guess people are just to afraid to spend money with Christmas right around the corner. I am not going so I shouldn't be criticizing but I do live in Orlando and I will be up there for the Pitt game on January 2nd, when the weather should even be worse. Step it up Bills fans and show some support!!

To me, it seems, that the fan base is dwindling with the rest of Buffalo. This should be a sellout no matter what. It would have been back in the late 80's and early to mid 90's. I guess people are just to afraid to spend money with Christmas right around the corner. I am not going so I shouldn't be criticizing but I do live in Orlando and I will be up there for the Pitt game on January 2nd, when the weather should even be worse. Step it up Bills fans and show some support!!

151927[/snapback]

Wait a second. The Bills were 6-10 last year and sold out every game. This year , The Arizona game came up a few tickets short. Still, about 73,000.

I guess you folks weren't alive back in the late 70's or early-mid 80's, when 50,000 empty seats were the norm. ( I was there every game ). Lots more people living in WNY then.

When you pack 72,000-75,000 into the Ralph every home game for the last 2 + years, I don't see any problems.

Oh, sure.  You can't go to the home opener, but you can go to this game?  Maybe I'll see you at the Steelers game, then.  Riiiiiiiiiight.

151941[/snapback]

I'll be at the Steelers game. I'm going with one other Bills fan and 2 Steeler fans. Should be interesting. Honestly Rich I have gone to Lot 1 Pole 5-6, whatever about 5 times since last season and never saw any TBDers there once. I even asked around. I think the problem is that I arrive a little later (usually @ 11:00) than most...

I guess you folks weren't alive back in the late 70's or early-mid 80's, when 50,000 empty seats were the norm. ( I was there every game ).

151976[/snapback]

Those halcyon days of yore... Those were good times...

Wait a second. The Bills were 6-10 last year and sold out every game. This year , The Arizona game came up a few tickets short. Still, about 73,000.

I guess you folks weren't alive back in the late 70's or early-mid 80's, when 50,000 empty seats were the norm. ( I was there every game ). Lots more people living in WNY then.

When you pack 72,000-75,000 into the Ralph every home game for the last 2 + years, I don't see any problems.

151976[/snapback]

Agreed. I'm only 21, but 5 of us 21-year olds have been season ticket holders now for 2 years, and I'd gone to 2 games in 01 and 3 in 02, so there is definitely some "passing on" of the season ticket holder torch. However once I graduate in May there is a .000001% chance that I stay in the WNY area, but eh, I'm there this weekend again!

Tough to get excited for the Browns.

151986[/snapback]

Screw the Browns. I'm excited about the BILLS. I'm going to (hopefully) see the Brwons get crushed. Don't really care about the other team. This could be another good week for us if Cinci and the Jest lose. Yeah I know most are conceding a spot to the Jets but they've got the toughest road by far and I don 't see them being favored in 3 out of the 4. Cinci is surging and I'd like to see NE dispose of their playoff hopes before we get there. B)

As I've moved about the country I continue to be amazed that the Buffalo area can almost consistently continue to fill a stadium that size. It's a small, depressed market and I'm proud of so many sold out games.