Our Last Draft is Another Bust

box0life

This draft looks like another bust based on early returns. I know you will all say it is early, give them time, but we said the same things about all these other draft picks over the years and they have really not improved much. Yes, these players may get better, but based on true talent, I see bust written all over this draft. Heck, if you can't start for this untalented team, you must suck.

C. J. Spiller - Big play potential but can't consistently get on the field. Has not proved to be a starter. If your first pick is not a starter from the get go, the pick is a failure. We need immediate results from this pick and he must be a starter. This guy can't pick up a blitz to save his life. He is actually a liability on third down passing downs because he can't block.

Troup - Doesn't start and does not appear to be a difference maker. Average at best. Has he helped stop the run yet - a big fat no.

Carrington - Has basically done nothing since he hasn't played much.

Easley - Hurt, another wasted pick, Next year will be his true rookie year, Won't make any impact until 2012 if he can stay healthy

Moats - Been Hurt, shows some potential but doesn't start. Seems like he can make plays but isn't consistent.

Batten - Hurt, another wasted pick, won't make team next year

Levi Brown - Won't make this team next year if we draft a QB

Callaway - Cut

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This draft looks like another bust based on early returns. I know you will all say it is early, give them time, but we said the same things about all these other draft picks over the years and they have really not improved much. Yes, these players may get better, but based on true talent, I see bust written all over this draft. Heck, if you can't start for this untalented team, you must suck.

C. J. Spiller - Big play potential but can't consistently get on the field. Has not proved to be a starter. If your first pick is not a starter from the get go, the pick is a failure. We need immediate results from this pick and he must be a starter. This guy can't pick up a blitz to save his life. He is actually a liability on third down passing downs because he can't block.

Troup - Doesn't start and does not appear to be a difference maker. Average at best. Has he helped stop the run yet - a big fat no.

Easley - Hurt, another wasted pick, Next year will be his true rookie year, Won't make any impact until 2012 if he can stay healthy

Moats - Been Hurt, shows some potential but doesn't start. Seems like he can make plays but isn't consistent.

Callaway - Cut

This gets my vote for dumbest post of the year. Maybe dumbest poster too. Or it gets best flame of the year. Give me a year on this.

This gets my vote for dumbest post of the year. Maybe dumbest poster too. Or it gets best flame of the year. Give me a year on this.

Nope. Unfortunately you will see many posts that are even dumber than those that would rate a draft as a bust after 5 games. Stick around.

Callaway - Cut

Geez, forget the glass half-empty argument - your glass has only a drop or two in it. OJ did nothing his first two season, also. CJ is going to be a big-time talent in this league. Troup already is getting a lot of playing time. As for Easley, how can you call a guy that gets hurt a wasted pick? Did you have a crystal ball that said Easley was going to go down to injury? That's just ridiculous. Same for Batten. It's stupid to blame the organization for selecting a player that ends up getting injured and calling the organization stupid for it. I think you'll see more of Carrington and Moats as the season goes on. This may not go down as the best draft this team has ever made, but it is WAY too soon for this kind of criticism.

It's way too soon to express outrage that the team, despite being flush with NFL-caliber running backs used a luxury pick on another back who allegedly would be an immediate game-breaking field position changer, and he can't sniff the field?

Spending top picks for a kick returner is dumb, 5 games in or 500.

It was dumb in April, and it continues to be dumb.

Meanwhile, literally countless picks for other teams are making impact week after week, while we sit around wondering if Troup will get 5 plays on defense or whether Carrington will actually dress for the game.

Sweet! We so good.

It's way too soon to express outrage that the team, despite being flush with NFL-caliber running backs used a luxury pick on another back who allegedly would be an immediate game-breaking field position changer, and he can't sniff the field?

Spending top picks for a kick returner is dumb, 5 games in or 500.

It was dumb in April, and it continues to be dumb.

Meanwhile, literally countless picks for other teams are making impact week after week, while we sit around wondering if Troup will get 5 plays on defense or whether Carrington will actually dress for the game.

Sweet! We so good.

Actually Troup was in on most of the snaps against Jacksonville so he is getting some playing time. I'm sure we'll see him plenty this week too against Rice and co. Hopefully we'll start to see more of Carrington as well because Stroud's not looking so hot in the 3-4. So I'm guessing we'll find out more about these guys in the coming weeks.

And yes, calling Easley and Batten busts before even seeing an NFL snap is rather ridiculous.

Guys, seriously, you'd have thought Kool-Aid time was about over once the harsh reality of things set in.

Before the season, I'd express my dismay that we wasted such an unbelievably high draft choice on a running back, when we had good ones. I'd protest that you needed a total stud Adrian Peterson every down type to reach that high.

I'd groan about how we drafted a 10-touch a game situational back and the delusional among us would scream bloody murder.

And now we see what we have. A running back that has literally less carries than Michael Vick, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, David Gerrard, Joe Flacco, and Jason Campbell.

A half dozen quarterbacks have more attempts than our "workhorse", and several of then have missed considerable time. 63 players in the NFL with more carries. If Eli Manning gets frisky this week, he'll likely catch him.

You guys need to stop this dysfunctional cycle of excuses and acceptance. It is killing you.

I think all drafts are busts until proven other wise.... While teams draft players who contribute from the get go and produce wins. The bills always seem to draft projects and as a result for whatever reason the players don't develope like they thought they would.. It's very frustrating...

Just about every team in the NFL has at least one rookie starter. Some have several.

Ask yourself why the Buffalo Bills, a team with such a near complete lack of talent, can not find a draft pick that is better than the incumbent trash.

The Patriots plug in a handful of rookies every year. Why is that?

Hint: The answer hurts.

Callaway - Cut

Dumbass

When will people realize you need Linebackers to stop the run?

I've replayed the last few games with Troupe getting a ton of playing time against the Jags. The guy is the reason we got the A. Davis touchdown, as he deflected the INT ball. He also took on 2 blocks at the point of attack 4 or 5 times. In addition, he penetrated into the backfield on a few plays to allow Kelsay or another LB to get a stop for little to no gain. He actually is a really good NT, but we do not have the speed or strength in our LB corp to make a difference. Next to williams he has been our best player on the line.

Carrington is a guy that will see more action down the road. going from a 4-3 end to a 3-4 end has a larger emphasis on holding the edge on running plays. He'll get tehre, what were you all hoping for Bruce smith??

As for Moats, Batten, etc. You guys are nutz. They kids were studs everywhere they played and are good football players. They may need to stay healthy, yes, but they've got two things you cant coach - size and speed. batten is a 4.7 250lb LB. thats nice. Moats is a little short at 6'0 but again has speed and a history of getting to the QB. Those are the intangibles good NFL scouts and execs look for. Not to mention, the '09 draft, other than maybin has ben really solid - Levitre has looked great and wood will be back to a top notch level a year removed from that injury. Both players are playing more and better than Alex Mac or Max Unger, who were the other "big name" guards and centers. Byrd is having a sophmore slump which probably has more to do with the scheme then anything. The kid didn't lose ball hawking skills over night. He will be fine as the defense gets figured out (Wade Phillips for DC anyone???).

finally Spiller. Wow. do I really need to say anything? the guys a big time talent, and the fact we have two excellent RBs is a great thing.... if you think our FO sucks, find another team, cause this is what you got til Ralph dies.

Sweet. Two 'excellent' running backs. No franchise qb. And one of our excellent backs gets out-rushed (yards and carries) by literally 4 quarterbacks. Hurrah!

Spiller may not have been the right pick but there was no franchise QB available at #9.

But don't we have to wait and see? Everyone here thinks we can't evaluate this draft class yet (but everyone makes the exception for Clausen, lol)

Clausen was picked 48th in the draft. I'm not saying that he won't be a franchise QB someday but judging by how he played in Carolina so far he wouldn't be faring that much better in Buffalo. And I'm sure you would be getting the coals ready to burn him at the stake. Like I said in the other thread there are possibly 5 potential 1st round QBs this year. I'd rather one of them then give the keys to a second round talent.

Guys, seriously, you'd have thought Kool-Aid time was about over once the harsh reality of things set in.

Before the season, I'd express my dismay that we wasted such an unbelievably high draft choice on a running back, when we had good ones. I'd protest that you needed a total stud Adrian Peterson every down type to reach that high.

I'd groan about how we drafted a 10-touch a game situational back and the delusional among us would scream bloody murder.

And now we see what we have. A running back that has literally less carries than Michael Vick, Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, David Gerrard, Joe Flacco, and Jason Campbell.

A half dozen quarterbacks have more attempts than our "workhorse", and several of then have missed considerable time. 63 players in the NFL with more carries. If Eli Manning gets frisky this week, he'll likely catch him.

You guys need to stop this dysfunctional cycle of excuses and acceptance. It is killing you.

Out of curiosity, how many carries per game did Chris Johnson get his rookie year?