I can't believe I am saying this, but...

Just remember, he is a TD guy.  If anyone can coax him to play, it would be the smooth TD.

11104[/snapback]

True. And I like him as an option. I think he would be ideal, and earlier this morning in my first post I said that he would be my first choice. I just don't think he is going to do it under these circumstances. He wants to play if he signs. We would just be asking him to warm the bench for a guy who rarely, rarely comes out, and after half the year likely give up the back-up job to a rookie Losman. This is not a great, itchy scenario for O'Donnell to agree to. He's not going to do it out of the goodness of his heart. Just if it is a one last chance to make a run at a Super Bowl and get on the field. It's possble, and I would bet anything that TD has already made a call to his agent, but IMO very unlikely that he signs with the Bills.

Just remember, he is a TD guy.  If anyone can coax him to play, it would be the smooth TD.

11104[/snapback]

Yes, and let's not forget who ISN't a TD guy. If Flutie hadn't been the arrogant little ass that he is in his interview, he would have been the guy they kept way back when.

Nope, sorry Kelly, I don't see it and don't want it even more!

Doug Flutie is the answer to the obvious question. Think about it even if you hate his entire digestive system. We don't need to groom someone. We don't need a guy to go out there and win games by himself. We do need a sparkplug veteran who can mask the problems of the offensive line when it rears its ugly head. He is not going to divide the locker room like he did before. He can be a caretaker if Drew goes down for a few plays or games. He can learn an offense fast. He can be a slash player that MM likes. He won't cost a lot. He likely gets cut now that Rivers is signed and playing. He's not a threat to Drew or Losman or Travis Brown. It's POSSIBLE that we can win with him when the defense is good and we have all these weapons.

So go ahead, flame away, say no way in hell, but he is probably the best answer to a short term problem.

11000[/snapback]

If Rob Johnson isn't the answer, I don't understand how Fruitie is!

BTW, I don't want either of them back!

:doh:

Doug Flutie is the answer to the obvious question. Think about it even if you hate his entire digestive system. We don't need to groom someone. We don't need a guy to go out there and win games by himself. We do need a sparkplug veteran who can mask the problems of the offensive line when it rears its ugly head. He is not going to divide the locker room like he did before. He can be a caretaker if Drew goes down for a few plays or games. He can learn an offense fast. He can be a slash player that MM likes. He won't cost a lot. He likely gets cut now that Rivers is signed and playing. He's not a threat to Drew or Losman or Travis Brown. It's POSSIBLE that we can win with him when the defense is good and we have all these weapons.

So go ahead, flame away, say no way in hell, but he is probably the best answer to a short term problem.

11000[/snapback]

by god, you're right. We need a solid BACKUP for one year. I actually agree with you on this one. Only forseeable problem is who would take #7

11000[/snapback]

Kelly, I almost always consistantly agree with you, but man, you are way off on this one. Even if Flutie were to come back and accept his back-up role like a good team player (I seriously doubt this could happen, but I will go along just for fun) it is not Flutie who would create the turmoil and controversy, it would be the relentless Bills fan base. Like him or not, Bledsoe is our QB, and he looked like a guy who lost a lot of confidence last season. I don't think TD would be interested in the slightest in opening this pandora's box. It would certainly be an interesting scenario, particularly for Bills and New England area sports fans, but is not at all what we need. Maybe if Flutie had never been in Buffalo before, it would make more sense. But, it is not going to happen...if I recall, TD and Flutie are not real big fans of eachother. Kordell or O'Donnell are more likely options IMO. Short term, Gannon makes sense.

Kelly, I almost always consistantly agree with you, but man, you are way off on this one.  Even if Flutie were to come back and accept his back-up role like a good team player (I seriously doubt this could happen, but I will go along just for fun) it is not Flutie who would create the turmoil and controversy, it would be the relentless Bills fan base.  Like him or not, Bledsoe is our QB, and he looked like a guy who lost a lot of confidence last season.  I don't think TD would be interested in the slightest in opening this pandora's box.  It would certainly be an interesting scenario, particularly for Bills and New England area sports fans, but is not at all what we need.  Maybe if Flutie had never been in Buffalo before, it would make more sense.  But, it is not going to happen...if I recall, TD and Flutie are not real big fans of eachother.  Kordell  or O'Donnell are more likely options IMO.  Short term, Gannon makes sense.

11400[/snapback]

Perhaps you're right but at 41, and what he was like in San Diego, I don't see Flutie as being a problem here, and I doubt even Flutie fans would really want to see him get on the field much. MM is not going to bench Bledsoe for Flutie. And all we need him for is one half-to two thirds of a season as a guy who can just walk up and play in a disaster and not automatically tank the season. I like O'Donnell and Gannon, too, and maybe even Kordell, I just don't think that they are going to be available to do just this, they are going to want more. If Flutie is cut, this guy, be it an arroganant ass or what, just wants to play on a team, and I doubt another NFL team would be willing to sign him that late. Unless they lose their #2 and #3 and don't have any confidence in their #4 like us.