What GM / Coach tandem would you look to hire?

Bronc24

If you owned the Bills, what GM / Coaching candidates would you realistically attempt to hire? I am wondering who you think are the hot-shot coordinators or college coaches you would go after. It seems the Rams got it right with Spags and the Redskins finally got it right as well, it appears. The Bills? Not so much, I would say.

(yeah, yeah, I know we are only 6 weeks into a new regime)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I want Nix & Gailey but with a proven and experienced DC. We're seeing imporvements on offense but the defense has been downright horrific regardless of what one think about their talent. That is a unit that can play better, no doubt.

In my perfect world....

Parcells as GM

Head Coach - John Gruden

Def Coord - John Fox (assuming he gets fired, which he will)

Off Coord - Gruden's choice.

See ya in the playoffs.

Edited by Lv-Bills

If you're looking at replacing the guys who are there, right now or even at the end of the season, you're talking about etching an even deeper impression of instability at the top of this organization. With that said, I think the options would be VERY unfavorable. Whom I'd hire, and whom I would BE ABLE to hire would be two different things. We saw many great options available this year and many of them appeared to not even give the Bills the time of day. Maybe this could change with a yachtload of money and a share of the franchise dangled, but then you're likely getting someone who's coming for not all the right reasons.

Things suck right now, but I think the team's best bet is to see what improvements this group can make over the season, and reloading come draft and FA (presuming there's even football next year).

If I really, truly had my choice of anyone, even people employed with another team right now, I'd probably offer all of the above and more to Ron Wolf, keep Kevin Whaley onboard to groom as GM-in-waiting, and acquiesce to whatever coaching choice they made. I'd also hire double the scouts and try to lure more of them from the best of my competitors.

I'd keep the guys we've got (with exception of Modrak) and see if they can build a winner from my embarrassingly large amount of money I'd have as owner and willing to put into the franchise.

Oh, and have at least one Fan Appreciation Day a year, where all seats and parking cost $1 a piece. Build new fans, and reward those who have persevered.

Didn't we just do that this past year. No use going thru this again. The definition id insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. The Bills Front office is insane. No decent head coach would come to this franchise right now, given the huge lack of talent at many positions.

If you owned the Bills, what GM / Coaching candidates would you realistically attempt to hire? I am wondering who you think are the hot-shot coordinators or college coaches you would go after. It seems the Rams got it right with Spags and the Redskins finally got it right as well, it appears. The Bills? Not so much, I would say.

(yeah, yeah, I know we are only 6 weeks into a new regime)

Pioli GM

Crennel DC

Weis OC

too bad KC thought of it first!

You don't want Parcells as GM. You want the next Parcells as coach maybe, but he's had all the money in the world as a GM and has really assembled a good product at best. I want someone who does it the Steeler way and maybe that's Whaley. It seems year after year the Steelers have mjaor talent leave and it never makes a difference because the replacement is always on the roster.

Head coach? Show me good talent and I'll show you a good head coach.

You don't want Parcells as GM. You want the next Parcells as coach maybe, but he's had all the money in the world as a GM and has really assembled a good product at best. I want someone who does it the Steeler way and maybe that's Whaley. It seems year after year the Steelers have mjaor talent leave and it never makes a difference because the replacement is always on the roster.

Head coach? Show me good talent and I'll show you a good head coach.

Marv Levy? Tony Dungy?

Jon Gruden as GM. Whatever he does after that is OK with me.

Gruden is so overrated. How many qbs did he draft/sign in Tampa? And this is the guy you want to run the bills. Gruden inherited Tony Dungy's team to win a superbowl and after that , nothing , caput , nada , zilch.

I'd like to see Ozzie Newsome and John Fox running the show , but more realistically , I wouldn't mind seeing a Jim Harbaugh and Tom Telesco or someone from the Polian tree of player management.

If I own the team I make Myself Gm, while hiring multiple assistant GMs (thus having say 3 "GMs" instead of 2, and me being able to stop them from drafting Jokes like Maybin) and instantly hire Jim Harbaugh. As for OC/DC, I really like the idea of getting former HCs - like a dick lebou, bc A they have experience at HC and should be smarter, and B If you O or D is dominant no team is going to give them a second chance anytiem soon. AKA - If Singletary gets the Boot, hello new DC

I would stick with Nix and Gailey for now. So far I think they are on the right track, although the spiller pick does make me wonder some, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't believe that this team makes the playoffs no matter who is the coach with the current players. It will take 2 or 3 more years to get a core of players to have a shot at the playoffs. If they don't make the playoffs in 3 years or less, dump 'em as they can't get it done. Until then I let them try.