Why didn't we trade McGee?

FightClub

Things aren't going well, so McGee conveniently turns up injured. At least with Green we know mgmt told him to act injured (and none of us want him on the field anyway). But with McGee can't help but feel he's doing it all on his own.

If he doesn't want to be here, tired of the losing, fine. Why not get a pick or two for him and let him move on?

Things aren't going well, so McGee conveniently turns up injured. At least with Green we know mgmt told him to act injured (and none of us want him on the field anyway). But with McGee can't help but feel he's doing it all on his own.

If he doesn't want to be here, tired of the losing, fine. Why not get a pick or two for him and let him move on?

McGee has had knee problems for the last few years. That's why he stopped returning kicks.The many problems this team has McGee is not one of them.

I hope they do trade McGee. Not because I have negative feelings toward him, but because I think he deserves a chance to play for a good organization instead of a farm team.

"Thing aren't going so well"?

They haven't been going well the entire time he has played for the Bills. Put yourself in his shoes (don't bring up the money, evryone in the NFL is making big money, he can get that anywhere).

It's like "Here man, take this bucket and scoop some water out of the Titanic".

Haven't you given up on this season, or would you like to place a bet?

Edited by Matthews' Bag

At least you have a strong basis of fact to back up your post that McGee has given up

Did you really say a pick or two?

McGee is a good corner, but at his age and recent injury history, Buffalo would be thrilled to get a 6th round pick for him. If you meant two picks, did you mean two 7th round picks? McGee isn't fetching anything higher than a 6th.

Edited by Wizard

At least you have a strong basis of fact to back up your post that McGee has given up

Yeah, I'm not a newspaper reporter where I am going to cite sources, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Edited by FightClub

Yeah, I'm not a newspaper reporter where I am going to cite sources, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

thats a good argument. You should email Nix for future reference at the next trade deadline.

I know our 29 yr old corner is injured but cant we get a coupla picks.... he walks like a duck ....

The logic here is truly delusional. I am now more dumb for having read this post.

thats a good argument. You should email Nix for future reference at the next trade deadline.

I know our 29 yr old corner is injured but cant we get a coupla picks.... he walks like a duck ....

Well said.

McGee has been one of the steadiest players on our team for the past 5+ yrs. I hate it when people randomly assert that a player is faking it because things are going badly...and then back up their argument w/ a duck reference.

Thanks everyone for the universal response. :rolleyes:

The only thing I will say in my defense is that I am entitled to my opinion. And what I see is a player who has been one of my favorite Bills checking out when the chips are down and I am disappointed.

As a fan of this team for over 30 years I think I am as entitled to a little disappointment as anyone else.

I have the same view of McGee's job (football player) as I do of my own job. In my case, I have a job that is intense for certain months of the year and rather easy the other months. During the intense times, I have to step it up and be there. I have to work when I'm sick. 20 hours a day and so on. Then I get my summers to relax. Much like a football player has the offseason to relax, get his surgeries scheduled, etc.

I am always disappointed when I see players suddenly need surgery during camp or near the beginning of the season like this.

I can only hope you guys are right and McGee will return to the team soon and play with some fire in his gut. I obviously have more doubts about this than the rest of you.

are you serious? That's your rebuttal? oh my... :w00t:

Well, it was a stupid point back, so I gave a stupid response.

Really, this is a fan message board, not the New York Times. If I want to post something to say I am disappointed in one of the players of the team I root for - not getting on the field when the team needs him when you are paid all of that money for 16 Sundays and your can't make it to several - why would that elicit a response about "facts". Did he expect that I first called the team and McGee for interviews so I could be sure I had my "facts" straight before posting that I am disappointed McGee is hurt. Should I have added that they were contacted for comment but declined?

Really, ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer... :huh:

The "fact" is I don't see McGee out there on Sundays, do you?

Thats the stupidest thing youve said this week. Players get injured it doesnt mean they give up on their team. if he cant play to highest level and is a liability on the field then he should sit. I guess when Takeo spikes tore his achilles you called him a wuss too. Maybe players should play with concussions too :wallbash: