Who are our back ups at RT and LT?

It just dawned on me. If Wang is now back up guard #14 (at least it feels that way). Urbick is a back up guard. Howard was a back up guard/tackle now he is in for Greene.

We have no one to back up both critical tackle spots. On the bills web site it says Wang is backup LT and Howard is back up guard. We just signed someone Wrotto. I guess Levitre can back up if in a pinch and Urbick also but I think we may be in trouble if we have one or two injuries to our tackles. We could go from Worst to what ever is worse than Worst. What the F&%#!

Edited by Chris in Syracuse

Ubrick and Wang back up multiple positions. Most of the Oline are trained in at least two positions in case there is an injury. They are training Wang at tackle now... but they worked him in at tackle already, so he can play both. Ubrick, I really don't know for sure. Early in the season they hinted at moving to RT so I believe they have at least worked him in there a little bit.

But yeah, they all know multiple positions, especially the starters.

It just dawned on me. If Wang is now back up guard #14 (at least it feels that way). Urbick is a back up guard. Howard was a back up guard/tackle now he is in for Greene.

We have no one to back up both critical tackle spots. On the bills web site it says Wang is backup LT and Howard is back up guard. We just signed someone Wrotto. I guess Levitre can back up if in a pinch and Urbick also but I think we may be in trouble if we have one or two injuries to our tackles. We could go from Worst to what ever is worse than Worst. What the F&%#!

Hey you with the Rold Gold pretzels...

It is always darkest before the dawn.

Wang, Wrotto and Howard all back up at tackle. Urbick and Levitre in a pinch as needed.

Is this better than last years with stellar cast of Chambers, Scott and Meredith?

All of the tackles on this team are either cast offs (Green, Wrotto) or projects (Bell, Wang, Howard).

A collection of junk, but they are versatile junk.

Wang, Wrotto and Howard all back up at tackle. Urbick and Levitre in a pinch as needed.

Is this better than last years with stellar cast of Chambers, Scott and Meredith?

All of the tackles on this team are either cast offs (Green, Wrotto) or projects (Bell, Wang, Howard).

A collection of junk, but they are versatile junk.

A probable collection of versatile junk, but they are also probably better than last years junk. We've gotten plenty of looks at Chambers who was versatile, but definitely junk. Meredith has been beaten out by our current junk so that leaves Scott, who I think had a little potential (and is a backup at Pittsburgh IIRC).

Close call, but Howard's looked okay, and we've some hope that Wang and Wrotto can be better...right?

its not the back up tackles I'm worried about.

I am going to go out on a limb and see you are talking about our starters. You are absolutely right. I got my hopes up and thought Wang may be our diamond in the rough LT of the future but a back up guard is what we will have to settle for.

I am going to go out on a limb and see you are talking about our starters. You are absolutely right. I got my hopes up and thought Wang may be our diamond in the rough LT of the future but a back up guard is what we will have to settle for.

Is seems Chan and his crew are a little better able to evaluate talent than the previous regime. Hopefully this group will grow together. On buffalo rumblings they grade the o line each week and the middle is about league average or better and Bell is getting better. Green was the worst and now he is not starting. Howard wasn't rated very well but on a limited number of snaps. I too had hopes of Wang being good but now they move him to guard. Maybe he is too slow to play tackle? I know the offense isn't great but I worry more about the d. especially the ends and backers.

Is seems Chan and his crew are a little better able to evaluate talent than the previous regime. Hopefully this group will grow together. On buffalo rumblings they grade the o line each week and the middle is about league average or better and Bell is getting better. Green was the worst and now he is not starting. Howard wasn't rated very well but on a limited number of snaps. I too had hopes of Wang being good but now they move him to guard. Maybe he is too slow to play tackle? I know the offense isn't great but I worry more about the d. especially the ends and backers.

I think we all share your worry on the defensive side of the ball.

Wait a minute. The guy (Wang) was injured in training camp. He's had a cast on his hand until just a couple weeks ago. Olinemen need two healthy hands.

How are we concluding that he's a back-up, a guard, or junk? He has barely had a chance to see the field due to injury.

Wait a minute. The guy (Wang) was injured in training camp. He's had a cast on his hand until just a couple weeks ago. Olinemen need two healthy hands.

How are we concluding that he's a back-up, a guard, or junk? He has barely had a chance to see the field due to injury.

The report was that he has been working as a guard, not a tackle. I can't say if he is junk or not. We are just desperate for a good tackle that's all.

And our starters are backups.

+1

I thought Wangton was a T in college. Why did we draft another guard when we need Tackles?

Do we ever draft Tackles that can actually play tackle on this team? I don't get it. We draft Cs to play guard(Wood), tackles to play guard( Wang and Levitre) and don't drfat any Ts to play Tackle? What is this all about. We only use non-drafted or Fas to play Tackle?

Forget who are backups are. Who are our starters? When will the front office pay money to someone who is actually good at their position not just a "team guy"?

I thought Wangton was a T in college. Why did we draft another guard when we need Tackles?

Do we ever draft Tackles that can actually play tackle on this team? I don't get it. We draft Cs to play guard(Wood), tackles to play guard( Wang and Levitre) and don't drfat any Ts to play Tackle? What is this all about. We only use non-drafted or Fas to play Tackle?

It seems Chan wants his o linemen to play all the positions. I always thought there were specific skills necessary for each position. Left tackle quick with a long reach, right, can be slower but stronger, guards slower and stronger and shorter for a lower center of gravity, and a center capable of calling assignments and handling shotgun snaps and nose tackles. So why do they pick a player as a tackle and move him to guard?

Edited by larz tex

It seems Chan wants his o linemen to play all the positions. I always thought there were specific skills necessary for each position. Left tackle quick with a long reach, right, can be slower but stronger, guards slower and stronger and shorter for a lower center of gravity, and a center capable of calling assignments and handling shotgun snaps and nose tackles. So why do they pick a player as a tackle and move him to guard?

Players drafted to play tackle often get converted to guard if the team figures out that the player is not good enough to handle the tackle position. It's basically a downgrade. They're easing him into the job due to his injury or he's just not looking as good as they expected. The fact that the Bills are so desperate for help at tackle makes Wang's switch to guard much more alarming.

Edited by earthtobrint

Apparently you haven't seen a Chicago Bears game this season.

Put it this way- the Bills may even get a sack or two against them.