New uniforms in 2012?

Just Jack

If they want a good reason for the Bills (and other teams) to switch, this could be it.....

Nike Awarded NFL Apparel License, Replacing Reebok

Oct. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Nike Inc., the world’s largest sporting-goods provider, will replace Reebok as the maker of National Football League-branded apparel and uniforms in a bid to drive sales growth in its largest market.

NFL owners approved a licensing deal with Nike that will begin in 2012, the league said in an e-mailed statement today. Reebok, which was acquired by Adidas AG in 2006, has held the license since 2001. The agreement will last five seasons, Brian McCarthy, a spokesman for the NFL, said in an e-mail.

Regardless, this is great news. Nike seems to produce apparel that is much better than Reebok.

It doesnt really have that much correlation to teams changing their unis though IMO. The design of the actual uniforms should remain somewhat the same. In the NHL they switched for that design and material that forced almost every team to change which flopped for the most part.

Oh thank God. A new uniform and all our troubles are over. Get freakin' real !Who gives a tiny rats ass what we wear ! just f#@%in' win !! Or at least move out or the basement. Holy crap can't believe this makes a thread, at least we ain't Detroit or the Raiders.

Look good play good. You've obviously never heard of it.

Yeah, sounds like a Nike sound bite. Don't care what we wear. It's ALL about the "w"

If you look at this from a merchanidising and marketing view than you will see this will increase revenue for the team which can allow for more money to flow in to the team which in turn is used to support the team. Even if we cannot spend it on players there is a ton of other stuff to worry about...

Also, I sort of wish they allowed teams to choose their own providers, yet, work it out that all teams contribute x% of this deal. I would love to see what Underarmour could produce. I was rocking that stuff in high school, it is amazing. You may say, so what, every high school kid wears it. Well, not in 1998/99. I was made fun of, actually, because wearing this tight outfit that looked like a giant spandex outfit. If you have never felt the advantage of it, than you're missing out. Nike and other companies has created their versions, but honnestly, it's no where near what UA has. I can put on the cold gear shirt and be entirely comfortable with a thin long sleeve tshirt on top in the winter. In the summer I can wear the tank top with a dress shirt on top of it and feel a lot cooler.

Anything but the standing buffalo, please.

I think you and me are the only ones who think the standing buffalo is lame. And that's a deliberate word choice, lame. It's a STANDING buffalo. The god damn thing is STANDING THERE. A BUFFALO.

First off, the American layman won't hear the "buffaloes are a potentially dangerous animal" argument, as is. So how does the league's least dangerous franchise pose its questionably dangerous mascot? In a grazing position. Inattentive, indifferent, immobile, it's just !@#$ing standing there.

Would someone please present a non-nostalgic argument for the standing Buffalo? Would someone please open my eyes?

Edited by The Big Cat

I think you and me are the only ones who think the standing buffalo is lame. And that's a deliberate word choice, lame. It's a STANDING buffalo. The god damn thing is STANDING THERE. A BUFFALO.

First off, the American layman won't hear the "buffaloes are a potentially dangerous animal" argument, as is. So how does the league's least dangerous franchise pose its questionably dangerous mascot? In a grazing position. Inattentive, indifferent, immobile, it's just !@#$ing standing there.

Would someone please present a non-nostalgic argument for the standing Buffalo? Would someone please open my eyes?

As someone who has toured Buffalo farms and seen the working facilities I can explain a lot of differences between buffalo and cattle.

I have Charolais, they are 1800 lbs animals on average with bulls over 2000. Buffalo/Bisons generally reach the same size. Except they are a lot stronger, can be a lot more aggressive, and are much faster. The headgates used in buffalo chutes have crash cages. Because the animals are so strong, so fast, and have such broad shoulders the animals usually run full speed, head on in to a cage which stops their momentum. I can use 16 guage steel gates, I have seen Buffalo tear through these, bend these, dent them, too. When a Buffalo merely itches his head on the side of a building he will pretty much knock holes in it. They are big, strong, smarter than you can imagine animals.

As someone who has toured Buffalo farms and seen the working facilities I can explain a lot of differences between buffalo and cattle.

I have Charolais, they are 1800 lbs animals on average with bulls over 2000. Buffalo/Bisons generally reach the same size. Except they are a lot stronger, can be a lot more aggressive, and are much faster. The headgates used in buffalo chutes have crash cages. Because the animals are so strong, so fast, and have such broad shoulders the animals usually run full speed, head on in to a cage which stops their momentum. I can use 16 guage steel gates, I have seen Buffalo tear through these, bend these, dent them, too. When a Buffalo merely itches his head on the side of a building he will pretty much knock holes in it. They are big, strong, smarter than you can imagine animals.

Oh, I know.

I've seen the Animal Planet specials. B-)

Seriously, I do appreciate the buffalo/bison's baddassery. It's just not a common appreciation, hence my beef with an idling buffalo as the team logo.

Oh thank God. A new uniform and all our troubles are over. Get freakin' real !Who gives a tiny rats ass what we wear ! just f#@%in' win !! Or at least move out or the basement. Holy crap can't believe this makes a thread, at least we ain't Detroit or the Raiders.

Every time there's a new thread about changing the uniforms some clown comes out of the woodwork with the old "you people should care about winning rather than the uniforms."

People can care about the team winning as well as having good-looking uniforms. It's not one or the other.