Making the playoffs is now straight forward.

ICE

Two losses by the Ravens and Denver.

One loss each by Jacksonville and Cinci.

Win out by Buffalo...We are in. Pure and simple.

We win out the Cinci issue is settled.

Baltimore plays Indy and Pittsburgh. I can see them dropping both.

Denver has @ KC, @ Tenn and then Indy. I can see them dropping two.

jacksonville has Chicago, Green bay, houston and Oakland. I can see them dropping one.

bottom line...we gotta win out. VERY tough to do with Cinci on the road and Pitt playing for HOA.

But hey, it could be worse.

That scenerio looks favorable if we take care of our own business. So are the Jets a non factor though? I thought the Jets must lose against the Patriots? How do they fall into this whole thing?

151169[/snapback]

Jets need to lose 3 of 4(1 of the loses have to be against the Pats) and we own the tiebreaker vs them....

OK, I checked it out, ICE is right, if the playoffs started today, the seeds would be...

1) Pittsburgh (Div)

2) New England (Div)

3) San Diego (Div)

4) Indianapolis (Div)

5) New Jersey (WC1)

6) ?????? (WC2)

Wild Card 2 and 6th seed goes is between the Ravens (7-5), Broncos (7-5), Jaguars (6-6), Bengals (6-6), and Bills (6-6).

The Jets are a non-factor as far as keeping us out of the playoffs. Basically like ICE said, the Ravens and Broncos need to lose twice, and Jags need to lose once while the Bills win out.

The Jets don't necessarily have a hand in determining if we make the playoffs. However, if the Jets go 0-4 the rest of the way, and we go 4-0, it makes our chances a bit better since we could stand to lose one tiebreaker and still make it in.

Also, if the Jets go 1-3 and we go 4-0, and the other teams finish 9-7 or worse, it would be nice because we would then get the 5 seed. We win the tiebreaker with the Jets, right?

Not that it would matter that much, though.

Two losses by the Ravens and Denver.

One loss each by Jacksonville and Cinci.

Win out by Buffalo...We are in. Pure and simple.

We win out the Cinci issue is settled. 

Baltimore plays Indy and Pittsburgh. I can see them dropping both.

Denver has @ KC, @ Tenn and then Indy. I can see them dropping two.

jacksonville has Chicago, Green bay, houston and Oakland. I can see them dropping one.

bottom line...we gotta win out. VERY tough to do with Cinci on the road and Pitt playing for HOA.

But hey, it could be worse.

151163[/snapback]

You made it very simple to see. We know who we are rooting for and against.

The Cincy game will only worry me if they beat the Pats this weekend. If they do then look out because they will be rolling after knocking off the Ravens and Pats back to back.

If they lose to the pats, they are essentially out of the playoff hunt and their fans know it. They will be dangerous still, but deflated. An early lead would do them in.

So root hard (gulp) for the Pats this weekend.

This is pretty far to come from 0-4. Congrats to this team for getting its sh-- together. Who could have predicted this....there were so many times we could have packed it in...the first loss to the Pats, after the loss to the Ravens, after the Pats debacle on Sunday night...

I am not big on predictions, but us making the playoffs seems plausible enough.

Thanks for outlining this Ice....

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Good insight on the Pat/Bengal game. For all the winning the Pats have done the last couple of years they had better not blow this one at home. I'm sure Dillon will be ready to roll. If the Bengals do win, then that game in Cincy will be a B word and the toughest of the four imo. Yes tougher than Pitt at home. I think if they can get to the Pitt game with the play-offs on the line they will win at home. The Cincy game scares me though.

Good insight on the Pat/Bengal game. For all the winning the Pats have done the last couple of years they had better not blow this one at home. I'm sure Dillon will be ready to roll. If the Bengals do win, then that game in Cincy will be a B word and the toughest of the four imo. Yes tougher than Pitt at home. I think if they can get to the Pitt game with the play-offs on the line they will win at home. The Cincy game scares me though.

151334[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. The Pitt game does not scare me since it's in Buffalo. The Ralph will be rocking.

But man, if the Pats really want to stick it to the Bills, they'll lay an egg on Sunday making that game a real B word. Ugh.

Of course it will go against every fiber in my being to root for the pats

This is pretty far to come from 0-4.  Congrats to this team for getting its sh-- together.  Who could have predicted this....there were so many times we could have packed it in...the first loss to the Pats, after the loss to the Ravens, after the Pats debacle on Sunday night...

I am not big on predictions, but us making the playoffs seems plausible enough. 

Thanks for outlining this Ice....

151330[/snapback]

I dunno about predicted, but I sure knew this team had the potential to do it. I said at the end of week two that T Henry was holding us back. He got pulled and look what we did. Honestly, If we had McGahee starting all year 15-1 is not unrealistic. Look at the games we lost, all close except one (all Henry started in, except that same one)

I dunno about predicted, but I sure knew this team had the potential to do it. I said at the end of week two that T Henry was holding us back. He got pulled and look what we did. Honestly, If we had McGahee starting all year 15-1 is not unrealistic. Look at the games we lost, all close except one (all Henry started in, except that same one)

151348[/snapback]

I had kinda gotten used to the Bills not coming close to their potential .... 2000, 2003 kind of drummed that expectation into me....But I sure am glad that we are showing signs of getting out of that habit. And you are right RT--McGahee has made a huge difference..

not sure that I totally agree with 15-1---but maybe a couple of the L's would be W's which would put us in the lead in the wild card race instead of having to race like hell to get in.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Winning out is basically taken for granted if they want any shot at the play-offs. It really goes without saying. With that said they should hammer the Browns, then the Bengal game which will be difficult because the Bengals aren't bad and it's a road game, S. Fran sucks and are the worst team in football imo but it's still a road game and on the West coast, but God forbid if they lose that if they have already beaten the Browns and Bengals, then the Steelers. All I want is the chance to win that game to be in the play-offs.

This is pretty much what I figure. Indy and Pittsburgh will take care of the Ravens for us. I'm hoping Green Bay is up to a good game. Jacksonville can't be looking forward to Wisconsin in December. I'm assuming Denver will ose to Indy and probably win versus Tennessee. I've been saying I think the most critical game to Buffalo's playoff hopes other than the ones Buffalo plays it Denver at KC. I just hope KC is up to playing the role of spoiler.

Obviously, Buffalo ought to beat Cleaveland and San Francisco, leaving Cincinnati as the next big game, and then of course Pittsburgh in the finale. Pittsburgh is looking a lot more beatable than they did a month ago though. Here's to hoping they have peaked.