Perry Fewell please come back!!!!!

The Natural

I think the biggest mistake that we did in the last off season was getting rid of Fewell. We switched to an inexperienced Linebacker coach and a 3-4 with no linebackers and it has been the biggest issue this year. The offense actually hasn't looked too bad in the last few weeks and are actually scoring points. But we aren't the type of team that can keep up with the points the defense is allowing. The main issue with this team is bad defensive scheme, no linebackers, and horrible tackling and getting off blocks. If the defense doesn't fix themselves we will be 0 and 16, not cause of the QB, Offensive Line, Running backs, receivers, it will be the Defense.

I think the biggest mistake that we did in the last off season was getting rid of Fewell. We switched to an inexperienced Linebacker coach and a 3-4 with no linebackers and it has been the biggest issue this year. The offense actually hasn't looked too bad in the last few weeks and are actually scoring points. But we aren't the type of team that can keep up with the points the defense is allowing. The main issue with this team is bad defensive scheme, no linebackers, and horrible tackling and getting off blocks. If the defense doesn't fix themselves we will be 0 and 16, not cause of the QB, Offensive Line, Running backs, receivers, it will be the Defense.

I've said this before, but Jauron, Fewell, and co. are looking a lot better now. Those guys could take the pile of dung we have and squeeze out 7 wins.

That Giants defense is looking spectacular!! I was hoping that the Bills would have hired Perry as their head coach, and then bring in some "offensive guru" to be the offensive coordinator. You don't need an offensive minded head coach to improve the offense. Now...both our offense and our defense suck. Great.

I'm on record as wanting Fewell, too....big mistake letting him go. The guy had this team playing solid D, way above their talent level.

Big difference in talent level between the Giants and the Bills. His defense was not very good last year in Buffalo either.

I disagree that there is a big talent difference between the Giants and Bills on Defensive...where the difference lies IMO is in the scheme and the coaching. Buffalo clearly does not have the personnel to implement the 3-4 defense, and they do not appear to be very well coached.

Defensive Rankings

NY Giants

13th total

15th pass

14th rush

1st overall

1st pass

10th rush

The stats tell the story. I don't think I need to post the Bills defensive statistics, as you can probable speculate that we are much worse off than we were last year.

I've said this before, but Jauron, Fewell, and co. are looking a lot better now. Those guys could take the pile of dung we have and squeeze out 7 wins.

right, and keep on squeezing out 7 or 8 wins every year. and never win the division, and never be truly competitive.

for 4 years, all kinds of posters SCREAMED to get rid of Jauron's pansy defense. we did. you cant switch schemes in one year. it's that simple. change is hard, but you have to struggle through the beginning in order to reach the goal. that applies to anything.

sure, last year's team is "looking a lot better now", but they weren't. there was very good reason they were ran out of town.

stop with this back and forth nonsense. there is no going back. we just have to keep BILL-ieving in the future. if you dont, then what is the point of following along?

right, and keep on squeezing out 7 or 8 wins every year. and never win the division, and never be truly competitive.

for 4 years, all kinds of posters SCREAMED to get rid of Jauron's pansy defense. we did. you cant switch schemes in one year. it's that simple. change is hard, but you have to struggle through the beginning in order to reach the goal. that applies to anything.

sure, last year's team is "looking a lot better now", but they weren't. there was very good reason they were ran out of town.

stop with this back and forth nonsense. there is no going back. we just have to keep BILL-ieving in the future. if you dont, then what is the point of following along?

You can expect there to be some growing pains but NOT the WORST defense in Bills history over 50 years. We had the 2nd best pass defense in the league last year and in the middle of the pack total defense. They have managed to take that defense and make it much much worse. That is bad coaching and not just growing pains. That is a horrendous evaluation of talent and horrible coaching. You look at your talent and see what you can do with them and you do NOT force a system on them. There are even now players talking about the talent and personnel not for a 3-4 now. Kyle Williams as a NT. Anyone who has watched this team could have told you that is a terrible idea

I disagree that there is a big talent difference between the Giants and Bills on Defensive...where the difference lies IMO is in the scheme and the coaching. Buffalo clearly does not have the personnel to implement the 3-4 defense, and they do not appear to be very well coached.

Defensive Rankings

NY Giants

13th total

15th pass

14th rush

1st overall

1st pass

10th rush

The stats tell the story. I don't think I need to post the Bills defensive statistics, as you can probable speculate that we are much worse off than we were last year.

There's no talent difference between the Giants and Bills? Are you being serious?

Kenny Phillips and Antrell Rolle to Whitner and Byrd?

Justin Tuck, Kiwanuka, Umenyiura, and Pierre Paul to what? Chris Canty? You think there's no talent difference? You gotta be kidding me.

You can expect there to be some growing pains but NOT the WORST defense in Bills history over 50 years. We had the 2nd best pass defense in the league last year and in the middle of the pack total defense. They have managed to take that defense and make it much much worse. That is bad coaching and not just growing pains. That is a horrendous evaluation of talent and horrible coaching. You look at your talent and see what you can do with them and you do NOT force a system on them. There are even now players talking about the talent and personnel not for a 3-4 now. Kyle Williams as a NT. Anyone who has watched this team could have told you that is a terrible idea

If you inherit a winning or winable team, and plan on Winning Now, with the players you got... then yes, I agree, you make your scheme fit their strengths.

However, when you come into a situation where a team has little to no real talent and you have been tasked with blowing the whole thing up and rebuilding and re-molding the team into YOUR winner, then you can do whatever you want.

This year's Defense doesnt matter. If we still are this bad in a year or two, then sure. Complain all you want. But from day 1, the intention was to tear down and then rebuild for the future. Not this year. You may not like how that sounds, but thems the breaks. Thats the reality.

If you inherit a winning or winable team, and plan on Winning Now, with the players you got... then yes, I agree, you make your scheme fit their strengths.

However, when you come into a situation where a team has little to no real talent and you have been tasked with blowing the whole thing up and rebuilding and re-molding the team into YOUR winner, then you can do whatever you want.

This year's Defense doesnt matter. If we still are this bad in a year or two, then sure. Complain all you want. But from day 1, the intention was to tear down and then rebuild for the future. Not this year. You may not like how that sounds, but thems the breaks. Thats the reality.

Why "rebuild" with a system that is not suited for your players when those players will not even be here when we plan on being better? It's different if you think you are missing a player or two....say a NT and an OLG. We are missing 6 players on the front seven and they obviously think Kelsay is a suitable OLB and are paying him $6M/yr. That in itself says they cannot evaluate talent well for this system. If all of them will be gone or at least the vast majority, then why switch systems now? They actually thought they could pull this off and that is what scares me.

Defensive Rankings

NY Giants

13th total

15th pass

14th rush

1st overall

1st pass

10th rush

There's a difference when you're getting pressure with your front 4 and don't have to blitz whereas we throw 6 or 7 people at them and can't even break the line of scrimmage. What's the difference? Talent level. They get pressure with less people than we get pressure with more people.

Agreed ... Nix and Gailey have commited to change and it is going to be ugly and painful. The Bills are in full blown rebuild mode. New coaches and new schemes do not fit the old roster. I believe we are 6 players away.

In order of importance and difficulty to land are:

QB

DE thst is stout against the run and can be an elite pass rusher

LT (Bell might be a servicable RT - If Bell is the answer at LT then w eneed a RT)

OLB

OLB

WR - with Age Evans goes to #2 and we need a true #1

The later three could be had through FA

The first three are likely to come through the draft.

Agreed ... Nix and Gailey have commited to change and it is going to be ugly and painful. The Bills are in full blown rebuild mode. New coaches and new schemes do not fit the old roster. I believe we are 6 players away.

In order of importance and difficulty to land are:

QB

DE thst is stout against the run and can be an elite pass rusher

LT (Bell might be a servicable RT - If Bell is the answer at LT then w eneed a RT)

OLB

OLB

WR - with Age Evans goes to #2 and we need a true #1

The later three could be had through FA

The first three are likely to come through the draft.

Add NT to the list of position needs. Kyle Williams ain't cutting it as a 3-4 starter.

That Giants defense is looking spectacular!!

Seriously? Talent difference maybe? Head Coach difference maybe? Front Office and Scouting Department that understands talent maybe?

Those Fewell lead D's certainly looked awesome while bottoming out in Run Defense most every Year (28th in 2006, 25th in 2007, 22nd in 2008, 30th in 2009)...Good God talk about short memories...

Look nothing against Fewell who is a decent Coach, but the Giants front 7 makes the Bills look like a Pop Warner Team...He was a beter Coach than Jauron...I'll give him that much...But to be perfectly honest much of what I've read in this thread is further proof that the Football IQ on this Board is at an all time low... B-)

Fewell is a talented coach, but I don't think it's fair to associate him with Jauron beyond that they coached in Buffalo together. In other words Jauron was horrible.

That Giants defense is looking spectacular!! I was hoping that the Bills would have hired Perry as their head coach, and then bring in some "offensive guru" to be the offensive coordinator. You don't need an offensive minded head coach to improve the offense. Now...both our offense and our defense suck. Great.

Fewell as HC and Gailey as OC is sounding good to me, too bad the FO didn't go that way.